Page 879 of 955 FirstFirst ... 379779829869875876877878879880881882883889929 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,185 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No Way Home killed off May Parker.

I doubt that. Superhero stories love killing off parents.
    It likely would have been an entirely different movie altogether, Ramonda's death was to motivate Shuri and T'Challa would not need to be motivated by her death to spring into action. I doubt she would have, maybe been injured, but not killed, because anything less than Namors death would be THE SECOND villain T'Challa spared after killing a parent. If he were alive still, it was barely acceptable than Zemo survived, Namor? Nah he would need to be decapitated for that isht or he would have a forever W over T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think there are only like 5 of us in here that didn't break lol
    I haven't seen it, and even when it shows up to D+ I still may not watch it. After it dropped, I had an urge to watch it for one day, simply so if people kept coming in but then that passed pretty quickly.

And in fact the more time that passes only makes it stronger that I have zero intentions to watch, and if I do I will be so completely detached from it that I probably won't even be bothered at all by the stuff at all.

Ultimate Member

No Way Home killed off May Parker.

I doubt that. Superhero stories love killing off parents.
    Fair point.

No Way Home is at least the end of the trilogy. Im not sure Ramonda would have been killed if T’Challa was still alive.

Shuri needed motivation to step up to become Black Panther and her mother’s death was the fuse that lit the spark. T’Challa was already king and BP so no additional motivation would have been necessary.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not keep looking for reasons to keep their misery alive and well, even if they truly believe there is nothing to celebrate.
    For some who swore up and down they'll never pay to see the movie they sure have a lot to say about it...long after it's been released. As a Black Panther fan myself, this thread is depressing and depressive AF.

But carry on, wallow if you all must.
    I must confess this thread is indeed depressive.

The problem is the overall state of the character and his mythos aren’t in good shape.. The comics are in some weird state where they can’t decide what they want to do with T’Challa. That’s besides the fact that they are terrible and boring. He’s dead in the MCU and has been replaced by his son. Even in games, it seems that T’Challa might not be the focus of the upcoming game.

Regarding the film, I didn’t plan on seeing it but I wasn’t going to have a stand-off with my wife who’s been eagerly waiting for it..LOL(she’s very far removed from anything geek culture). I don’t regret seeing it though and I also don’t want the movie to fail, it’s just upsetting that one of the most prominent black superheroes in pop culture gets this sort of treatment.

If the movie fails, all it would is give ammunition to the anti-woke crowd that minority led projects aren’t viable. That sentiment is something that runs deep inside Hollywood itself with a lot of studios not really wanting to back black led films.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-05-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Just read All out Avengers 3. I wish, when T'Challa is with Tony and Cap, he would have a more clear role, he really should be the big grandmaster chess player end game guy. Utilizing his genius and strategy on compliment and completely separate from those two. Like in EMH

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It likely would have been an entirely different movie altogether, Ramonda's death was to motivate Shuri and T'Challa would not need to be motivated by her death to spring into action. I doubt she would have, maybe been injured, but not killed, because anything less than Namors death would be THE SECOND villain T'Challa spared after killing a parent. If he were alive still, it was barely acceptable than Zemo survived, Namor? Nah he would need to be decapitated for that isht or he would have a forever W over T'Challa
    T'Challa didn't spare Zemo. He stopped him from trying to escape justice through suicide.

Astonishing Member

Just read All out Avengers 3. I wish, when T'Challa is with Tony and Cap, he would have a more clear role, he really should be the big grandmaster chess player end game guy. Utilizing his genius and strategy on compliment and completely separate from those two. Like in EMH
    I feel like that’s the role he played in this issue though. He’s the one that figures out something weird is happening and that the Avengers are possibly being “prepared” by some outside force. He’s the one thinking ahead a bit, not just recognizing the problem in front of them but actually suggesting possible motivations and endgoals for the villain. And we see that extend to tactics as well, Tony’s handling tech the way he does and T’Challa is working with him from the ground to direct when to activate things. Both got to shine in that sense.

T’Challa isn’t the field commander that Cap is or the brains behind the tech like Tony, in the issue I think he demonstrated the kind of foresight/big picture thinking that other portrayals have lacked. Hopefully they go more into it in future issues now that we know T’Challa has a theory of what’s happening, perhaps a focus issue in the future like Captain America kind of got here
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-05-2022 at 08:55 AM.

T'Challa didn't spare Zemo. He stopped him from trying to escape justice through suicide.
    Yes, and now T'Challa is dead and Zemo is living his best life, what exactly, did T'Challa accomplish by sparing Zemo? He's alive, T'Chakas death wasn't avenged and not even acknowledged and now T'Challa is dead and got nothing out of it except Ross bot telling his secret.

Zemo literally has had zero consequences for killing the former King of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I feel like that’s the role he played in this issue though. He’s the one that figures out something weird is happening and that the Avengers are possibly being “prepared” by some outside force. He’s the one thinking ahead a bit. And we see that extend to tactics as well, Tony’s handling tech the way he does and T’Challa is working with him from the ground to direct when to activate things. Both got to shine in that sense.

T’Challa isn’t the field commander that Cap is or the brains behind the tech like Tony, in the issue I think he demonstrated the kind of foresight/big picture thinking that other portrayals have lacked. Hopefully they go more into it in future issues now that we know T’Challa has a theory of what’s happening, perhaps a focus issue in the future like Captain America kind of got here
    That's what sparked me to say it. He was kinda that but not should be far more clear. Honestly, that's when he is at his best, EMH, and The Redjack focused AA S5 when T'Challa leads the New Avengers.

I.liek when he just bounces to figure out or test a theory or solves the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. As I suspected. (it's probably less, no judgment)
    I haven't. And I cancelled D+ and won't get it back til March (MANDO TIME BABY) so... lol

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I said I wasn't gonna see it and I meant it. Honestly I'm tired of the movie talk in general but luckily I will have the Black Panther by Priest Omnibus this week to keep me occupied.
    What is weird is, talk of the movie is pretty much dead everywhere but in this very thread filled with people who outwardly expressed disdain for it yet can't stop bringing it up lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Is there any way to constitute a rule about "no to all discussion" on the movie in its entirety when the new appreciation thread is created? from production to box office, we can't go on like this.

Edit: Forget it. I don't think it makes sense lol!
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-05-2022 at 11:00 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is there any way to constitute a rule about "no to all discussion" on the movie in its entirety when the new appreciation thread is created? from production to box office, we can't go on like this.

Edit: Forget it. I don't think it makes sense lol!
    It's unavoidable. We had to change the name of the thread and actually put t'challa in it rather than just black panther after Ryan coogler's first movie when an influx of fans started coming in saying it was just a mantle

Astonishing Member

That's what sparked me to say it. He was kinda that but not should be far more clear. Honestly, that's when he is at his best, EMH, and The Redjack focused AA S5 when T'Challa leads the New Avengers.

I.liek when he just bounces to figure out or test a theory or solves the problem
    Idk, I feel like they did it as clearly as they could without T’Challa just being revealed to know all the answers, which would be boring. T’Challa explains a theory that no one else on the team had and is responsible for directly coordinating with Tony on the field to help out the team in the middle of combat. That’s a fair depiction 3 issues into a series that obviously has more to it than just what’s on the surface. And for a team book that’s quite a bit compared to some of the other characters, Sam got brought in just to get hurt lol.

I’m not sure it’s reasonable to expect T’Challa to go out on his own and do his own thing when the team as a whole has barely done anything so far. He’s already being shown to have some unique insight that’ll probably get explored later, which is good enough. For now. Im fine with him putting the pieces together as long as there’s payoff down the line, be it next issue or in the next arc when things come to a head. This is still the set up phase and super-strategic T’Challa works when you’ve given the story time to breath, otherwise you end up with Ridley’s run, where characters are making wild accusations and going on wild goose chases that amount to nothing because the story can’t get concluded in 3-4 issues.

Incredible Member

Yes, and now T'Challa is dead and Zemo is living his best life, what exactly, did T'Challa accomplish by sparing Zemo? He's alive, T'Chakas death wasn't avenged and not even acknowledged and now T'Challa is dead and got nothing out of it except Ross bot telling his secret.

Zemo literally has had zero consequences for killing the former King of Wakanda.
    They're probably waiting to do something stupid like have Shuri kill him instead.