Page 372 of 955 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472872 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    If this is true I believe they will time jump. By the end of the movie the kid would be about 10. If they wait another 4 years tchalla jr will be 14 in the next movie goin on his walk about lol.
    For the love of Christ just bring in a variant of T’Challa already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ok remember when I said last year that a good way to revamp Madame Slay is to turn her into a straight up eco terrorist and turn her power to control leopards into controlling animals in general (similar to how Aquaman controls marine life)? How would you feel if her dynamic with Killmonger was revamped to be more like Joker and Harley Quinn?
    I don't think that's a good idea. This series really doesn't need to be copying Batman.

Incredible Member

For the love of Christ just bring in a variant of T’Challa already.
    As bad as I want them to if the kid rumor is true they riding that to the end. Unless they switch universes.

As bad as I want them to if the kid rumor is true they riding that to the end. Unless they switch universes.
    It’s simple, if you’re not gonna drop a variant in the main universe, give the variant of T’Challa a film set in his own earth like The Batman or Joker. I’ll be damned if I wait another decade to see T’Challa on screen again.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It’s simple, if you’re not gonna drop a variant in the main universe, give the variant of T’Challa a film set in his own earth like The Batman or Joker. I’ll be damned if I wait another decade to see T’Challa on screen again.

I know it’s gonna suck to have to wait that long. I hope I’m still into comics at that point. Smh

Niffleheim

So according to Feige it’s all about Wakanda but according to Danai Gurira it’s all about Chadwick. *Oprah voice* So what is the truth?
    So they are going the We Are Groot route but in this case We Are All Black Panthers.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Ok remember when I said last year that a good way to revamp Madame Slay is to turn her into a straight up eco terrorist and turn her power to control leopards into controlling animals in general (similar to how Aquaman controls marine life)? How would you feel if her dynamic with Killmonger was revamped to be more like Joker and Harley Quinn?
    Personally I like the idea that Killmonger’s Death Regiments reflect the pan-African ideology of the MCU iteration, so I’d have all of the members of that group come from different parts of the black diaspora. Madame Slay could be an American and one of the first people N’Jadaka recruits. Maybe she has a background in big business or something and meets him when he starts out as a mercenary shortly after graduating college.

She’s working at one of Roxxon’s biggest and most environmentally damaging divisions while the guilt of being part of a soulless multibillion dollar corporation is eating at her. When Killmonger raids the facility she’s based at to kill a few of her bosses and steal some tech for his employer she’s swayed by his declarations that Wakanda has the tools to reverse the damage that companies like Roxxon are doing to the Earth. He’s a merciless killer but Slay sees someone driven to change the world.

She’s also lonely and desperate, Roxxon’s not gonna want anyone who survived Killmonger’s attack to speak to the press or anything so she knows they’ll try to kill her. Maybe there was some secret tech they were working on they don’t want anyone to know about (perhaps using black market vibranium they bought from Klaw after he stole it from Wakanda in the attack that killed T’Chaka.)

Either way, Killmonger doesn’t blow her off and decides to let her join as a member of his mercenary group, soon to be called the Death Regiments. He synchs her up with a vibranium headpiece that lets her communicate with and control mutated leopards that have similar tech implanted in their bodies. These become her children and as she trains and becomes his de facto second in command she develops a fanatic attraction to him that gets shattered time and time again. The Death Regiments have been described as his personal cult on more than one occasion after all. Killmonger ain’t ****, he claims to want to change the world, to create a place where boys like him don’t have to go through the traumas of war and poverty. But he’s a cheater, and emotionally (perhaps even physically) abusive, manipulating the young minds of desperate children to die in his endless mercenary wars. Doesn’t stop her from having a kid by him though. At some point she chooses to leave N’Jadaka, striking out on her own as a full time eco-terrorist based out of the perpetually unstable kingdom of Narobia.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-14-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Personally I like the idea that Killmonger’s Death Regiments reflect the pan-African ideology of the MCU iteration, so I’d have all of the members of that group come from different parts of the black diaspora. Madame Slay could be an American and one of the first people N’Jadaka recruits. Maybe she has a background in big business or something and meets him when he starts out as a mercenary shortly after graduating college.

She’s working at one of Roxxon’s biggest and most environmentally damaging divisions while the guilt of being part of a soulless multibillion dollar corporation is eating at her. When Killmonger raids the facility she’s based at to kill a few of her bosses and steal some tech for his employer she’s swayed by his declarations that Wakanda has the tools to reverse the damage that companies like Roxxon are doing to the Earth. He’s a merciless killer but Slay sees someone driven to change the world.

She’s also lonely and desperate, Roxxon’s not gonna want anyone who survived Killmonger’s attack to speak to the press or anything so she knows they’ll try to kill her. Maybe there was some secret tech they were working on they don’t want anyone to know about (perhaps using black market vibranium they bought from Klaw after he stole it from Wakanda in the attack that killed T’Chaka.)

Either way, Killmonger doesn’t blow her off and decides to let her join as a member of his mercenary group, soon to be called the Death Regiments. He synchs her up with a vibranium headpiece that lets her communicate with and control mutated leopards that have similar tech implanted in their bodies. These become her children and as she trains and becomes his de facto second in command she develops a fanatic attraction to him that gets shattered time and time again. The Death Regiments have been described as his personal cult on more than one occasion after all. Killmonger ain’t ****, he claims to want to change the world, to create a place where boys like him don’t have to go through the traumas of war and poverty. But he’s a cheater, and emotionally (perhaps even physically) abusive, manipulating the young minds of desperate children to die in his endless mercenary wars. Doesn’t stop her from having a kid by him though. At some point she chooses to leave N’Jadaka, striking out on her own as a full time eco-terrorist based out of the perpetually unstable kingdom of Narobia.
    This is an excellent idea! I also have an idea to revamp Sombre where in addition to his corrosive touch he can also have the ability to control diseases. Though I still need to think of a revamped backstory.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

If this is true I believe they will time jump. By the end of the movie the kid would be about 10. If they wait another 4 years tchalla jr will be 14 in the next movie goin on his walk about lol.
    At which point all of his contemporaries will be dead and gone and he'll be younger than the Young Avengers

Astonishing Member

This is an excellent idea! I also have an idea to revamp Sombre where in addition to his corrosive touch he can also have the ability to control diseases. Though I still need to think of a revamped backstory.
    Thanks, I think Madame Slay works as someone who’s largely moved on from the traumas of her past, like Harley. Where Harley is mentally unwell, Slay ignored all the obvious signs that N’Jadaka was a bad person out of desperation and a sense of guilt for her own complicity in her employer’s actions. She eventually does move past Killmonger as a lover but may be willing to work with him as a co-equal, especially since they have a son together.

I also see her as someone whose ideals were warped as time went on, not a reformed anti-hero. At first she was on that eco-terrorism wave because she genuinely felt it was right, now it’s more about securing power for herself and her descendants. Nairobia is a poor nation ruled by an elite class of nobles (such as the exiled Princess Zanda) who show no regard for the environment. I see Slay using her strong environmentalist sentiments to try and gain favor with the downtrodden so she can elevate her own position there, using stolen Wakandan tech to heal the ecosystem while maybe weaponizing it take out the current leadership so she can take power and make sure she’s never hurt again. She loves her son but he’s also a bargaining chip of sorts, maybe she’s promised him to one of the noble families willing to ally with her or wants him to take on T’Challa in a Wakandan Challenge Day (he is half-Wakandan so technically he can.)

I think Sombre and Baron Macabre should be the only Wakandan members of the Death Regiments. Sombre can be an immortal vampiric being who was sealed away in Serpent Valley by Bashenga, which is represented by the mask he can never take off. When vibranium first fell to earth he was mutated by the cosmic radiation and became one of the worst “Star demons” that plagued primordial Wakanda. In return for allowing Killmonger’s most elite forces to enter the valley and receive similar dark powers, N’Jadaka has promised Sombre freedom from his swampy prison.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently someone leaked the plot of BP2:

spoilers:
    Basically T'Challa dies protecting his son, in an attack blamed on Atlantis. They destroy a huge part of the city, Shuri and others take some tech and leave. Namor chases them around the globe while Shuri and others try and get help. You find out Wakanda building Avengers bases around the world. She also creates new tech to help people connected to them and some of their outreach (a girl as smart as Shuri is one of these people in MIT). Lots of politics (they find out the nation of Latveria set up the attack to frame them, they travel there too), protecting Tchallas son and basically a few Panther suits worn by a few people. Also, the movie goes back and forth between Shuri and some guards and a story of other tribes fighting still back home against Namors close guards. It’s honestly kind of a weak story but we’ll see how good the action is. Shuri comes back with an army of high tech suits, big fights. Namor and his tribes leave. Ends with Tchalla’s kid being set up to take the mantle when he’s ready and Doom is revealed as the leader of the country that framed them
    end of spoilers

Apparently the source is resetera, I just saw someone post a screen cap of this on Twitter.
    If this bullshit is true, we'll, congratulations Feige and especially you, Nate Moore.you clowns played yourself!

Spectacular Member

IMO, Judging by how long it took for a new Blade franchise, it will take more like 25 + years....unless the movie flops and the recast T'Challa crowd gets more vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dialogue is utter isht. Like they are talking like Americans instead of Wakandans. I have never seen Wakandans say isht that many times EVER and he had them say it like 19 times in a single issue.

The HZ are FODDER. There best showings were in hicksmans TRO. And Ridley has them beating on T'Challa by the end and talking so unhuman like an more like robots. As well as bring T'Challa down to prop then up.

Storm showing up was dumbass well. That whole conversation was meaningless, and they both came off like children. The only good thing is MAYBE they will finally breakup.

T'Challa has been shown so underwhelming this entire series. He is a step above Coates version in some regards and others he is weaker. BOTH versions however would get spanked by Priest, Hudlin, and RJs version. Possibly even liss depowered Panther.

Squad set up is dumb too. Literally this run and the last it's all the same. Men bad, women good. Men want to ruin Wakanda and it's up to the women to save it. Also T'Challa being written as a dumbass instead of the man with a plan.

Seems like the assassin's plot was completely dropped after being dragged on for several issues, now isn't the time to have filler in issue 6 of 8 issues for the arc. Ridley is coming off like a comic amateur who is writing his very first fanfic...

It's not Coates bad because he was truly the worst... But he is a solid second place for worst

1. Saying the S word isn't ah American only thing lol. This seems more like personal preference which is fine, but I wasn't referring to profanity usage when I was talking about the dialogue.

How can you say the hz are fodder when they are portrayed being strong enough to take down TChalla? You can't have it both ways. Either TChalla is too weak to be losing to them or they are too strong to be beating him.

The storm convo definitely has a point and trying to frame this story as a man vs woman thing is silly. No one is saying any of TChallas shortcomings are due to him being a man lol. Rather his issues are due to his lack of trust and constant paranoia, which is clearly what they are trying to address here. I mean do you want tchalla to be a 3 dimensional character with a personality or just a dude who thrashes everyone, has no flaws and no decent threats? I'll take a character shown as not being perfect at everything over that any day. Thats a more interesting character.

Its pretty clear the assassin arc isn't dropped its that they are going to have tchalla resolve his trust issues then be more armed to take down the enemy. They do this all the time in comics.

Its like... you dont want his supporting cast there, you dont want storm there, you dont like when he has personality flaws, you don't like when anyone is able to beat him, you dont like him talking a lot. You dont like him silent alot... I guess my question is what exact kind of story do you want with all of those things removed lol? Thats not any premise for a series; its a premise for a one shot at best
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 06-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Well thanks, because I won’t be seeing it. Especially if that’s true.
    That is pure fan fiction and as Spock and Tuvok would say illogical.

And why WOULD that person go after Wakanda when he would have a BIGGER boner to get his hands on some "Fantastic" Folks? Who should notice the guy who LUSTS after someone's wife is tearing up New York.

Wouldn't they pop up with every other hero living in New York? Along with the ones in UK? Canada? Japan? Since most places have heroes living everywhere?

And wouldn't the fans of those "Fantastic" Folks have a HUGE gripe??? Unless Black Panther 3 is going to be a stealth movie for Fantastic Folks since their rival is being used?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is pure fan fiction and as Spock and Tuvok would say illogical.

And why WOULD that person go after Wakanda when he would have a BIGGER boner to get his hands on some "Fantastic" Folks? Who should notice the guy who LUSTS after someone's wife is tearing up New York.

Wouldn't they pop up with every other hero living in New York? Along with the ones in UK? Canada? Japan? Since most places have heroes living everywhere?

And wouldn't the fans of those "Fantastic" Folks have a HUGE gripe??? Unless Black Panther 3 is going to be a stealth movie for Fantastic Folks since their rival is being used?
    Some folks said that the first BP was a Killmonger origin story. At this rate it would be on brand for other characters to steal spotlight from Wakandans in their movie. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda