Page 787 of 955 FirstFirst ... 287687737777783784785786787788789790791797837887 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Interesting review.

Is Black Panther: Wakanda Forever worth watching?
    I am not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, it's starting to look like we were right, the movie should have been pushed back a year, everyone should have been given a chance to grieve, recast T'Challa, and went from there. On the other hand, it took the movie being made for people to see it. Phase 4 as a whole has been sort of aimless. We all know it's leading to Kang but it doesn't feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If and when it happens then they could use Taku, a version of Hunter, Malaika, QDJ, Vibraxas, Gentle, Monica, Kasper, OCs in the form of Okoye & W’Kabi’s kids that were mentioned, M’Baku’s kids, likable versions of Tosin and Omololo, a version of S’Yan, and Zawavari as the support cast
    Exactly there’s plenty of BP characters that have yet to be adapted so Junior has plenty to work with. I just hope Letitia will stick around so that Shuri can be griot in the mcu.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I am not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, it's starting to look like we were right, the movie should have been pushed back a year, everyone should have been given a chance to grieve, recast T'Challa, and went from there. On the other hand, it took the movie being made for people to see it. Phase 4 as a whole has been sort of aimless. We all know it's leading to Kang but it doesn't feel like it.
    I thought it was good, all things considered. Not easy to sit through, mind

E-man interviews Nate Moore

Interesting review.

Where's this review from?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    spoilers:
    I really wish they recasted T'Challa, instead of killing him off with a disease. Nearly 3 years into a worldwide pandemic and Chadwick's own death due to cancer. And no one at Disney thought killing off a fan-favorite and beloved character in the opening of a blockbuster movie with a disease; mirroring real life event was a bad idea?! Optics alone make it look insanely insensitive.

Hell, I would have accepted T'Challa dying in a heroic death in the opening of the movie against Namor. A misunderstanding or deliberate attack on the surface world that sets Wakanda against Namor the Atlanteans. T'Challa dies trying to save lives of civilians but is unable to save himself.

Or because this is a comic book movie, do the accelerated aging angle. The character is still alive but you have a different actor playing him. People would buy the accelerated aging factor for a recast. Say Namor has access to the Fountain of Youth/Elixir of Life and isn't willing to share.

Idk. Wakanda Forever was just the worst of all worlds for me. Felt exploitative.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No having T'Challa die to Namor would forever give him the biggiest L, especially on his OWN movie. They should of just set it during the Blip. Allows the cast to mourn, remember Chad, say goodbye, and at the end, it ends with a hopefulness because we see T'Challa come back, we don't see his face but we see him return from the snap
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Where's this review from?
    https://filmthreat.com/reviews/black...kanda-forever/

Of all the films I've seen from phase 4, The best one is Werewolf By Night which I watched by accident at a friend's house and is just a TV Special

For those that have seen BF: WF and Werewolf By Night, which would you say is better?

Interesting review.

The bit about the women not having what it takes to carry it is such a stupid statement. It doesn't matter if it were a mostly male cast or a balance, the fact of the Matter is people want to see T'CHALLA the title character. Period. That comment will discredit the entire criticism and people will just ignore it as sexism or misogyny

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The bit about the women not having what it takes to carry it is such a stupid statement. It doesn't matter if it were a mostly male cast or a balance, the fact of the Matter is people want to see T'CHALLA the title character. Period. That comment will discredit the entire criticism and people will just ignore it as sexism or misogyny
    At this point any criticism won't change anything and it will still be seen as sexism even if the critic of that article is proven right with the box office numbers.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    At this point any criticism won't change anything and it will still be seen as sexism even if the critic of that article is proven right with the box office numbers.
    I didnt want to share the link because he's one of Chris Gore's writers. One of the anti-woke. However, he's a black writer who praised the film in 2018 so I was curious of his perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    E-man interviews Nate Moore

I’m at least glad Nate Moore was willing to have a civil conversation about all this with E-Man. But what surprised me was that Disney told them that they didn’t have to make a movie in the wake of Chadwick’s death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m at least glad Nate Moore was willing to have a civil conversation about all this with E-Man. But what surprised me was that Disney told them that they didn’t have to make a movie in the wake of Chadwick’s death.
    Disney was making sure if anything went wrong-they knew who to throw under the bus.

Well played Disney. Well played.

If you take it from box office history-he has a point. We know the levels of toxic are GREATER when it's women as the leads. Especially women of color. Male centric cast would not see that.

But lets face it just looking around here-saying you are not interested get s you attacked by everyone including anti-woke and unfans.

Yea dont buy that DIsney stuff. Their shareholders would not have gone for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    The movie is very well done. Excellent even.

If it HAD to be this way and to the creators it did, this is a good way.

Discussion of the actual movie here is likely going to be drowned into discussions about what could have, should have or would have happened. I understand that. But thats not what I'm here to talk about.

As a movie, it is very good. Incredibly well acted, high production value, tight plot and pacing, and a nice tribute. I am not ready to say its better than the first. I dont believe it is. But it is very good. And it feels like a black panther story.
    This is where im at with it, my only real gripe was I didn't understand the point of Michaela Coels character.

Also good lord Lupita/Nakia is gorgeous, it almost took me out of the film
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8