Page 812 of 955 FirstFirst ... 312712762802808809810811812813814815816822862912 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    What do you guys think of this thread about how they can handle you know who going forward?

https://twitter.com/yuhdunknoeh/stat...mVU4co70ikuk3g
    Will never be my T'Challa.

I'm sure the general audience and some fans will accept this though. Not me.

Would much rather take a variant
    Last edited by Dboi654; 11-14-2022 at 04:37 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

MODERATOR NOTES

Twenty-two posts were deleted over an argument that started with one person hurling insults at a section of the Black Panther fanbase, which is against the forum rules. Folks, while we moderators and administrators appreciate the reporting, by protracted engagement with the objectionable post in question all posts spiraling from that had to be deleted even though many of them had very valid points and a waste to delete. Just report and keep your other discussions on separate posts so they won't be inadvertently deleted. Thank you.

Expect warnings to be sent via direct messaging to the offenders.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its pretty funny, the guys had like 2-3 major appearances and its just him being an *******.

Even calls T'Challa a jackboot.

Now that I think about it, Tosin reminds me of Dr. Badr/Hunter's Moon introduced in the current Moon Knight run as another avatar of Khonshu who starts out a violent jerk against Marc before he softens up and becomes his ally.

The difference is Badr was intended to be treated as a jerk. He's rude to Marc and attempts to murder innocent vampires before Marc stops him. Whenever he was being an ******* the characters responded in kind.

See thats how you make a jerk work. There has to be a back and forth. If a jerk is allowed to be a jerk without any consequence or acknowledgement that they are a jerk then they become unbearable.
    Ironically, you have just described every OC created since Coates. All of them are unbearable assholes.

Another problem is that the solo writers have turned T'Challa into the Noble negro. Hes "Too Noble" to call out people so he just lets them talk **** to him and then other characters come to his aid. It's basically writers are trying to make the side characters interesting by making him passive and giving his voice to less interesting parasitic characters

I just find it hard to believe the movie was that good if people spending more time trying to focus on why others are not seeing it rather than why they supposedly think it was so good, but that's just me. I do think it was smart to give an spoilers:
    heir.
    end of spoilers if that is true but i wouldn't doubt it was an after the fact add. Should be interesting to see how Killmonger Jr. reacts to basically being put in the exact position as killmonger. Maybe he won't be so, jaded?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Which thinking about it further and this is just a random thought that i felt the need to get out but if what is spoiled is true there is an extremely fine line now that marvel has to thread tying boseman forever to tchalla and if they aren't as "sensitive" as they were in not recasting tchalla because of the man, the image, this reveal certainly needs to be handled in a way that doesn't bring that legacy any tarnish and thereby it may cut off a side of resentment from being explored that some writers may already be seeking to explore but if you didn't heed the recast stuff i really hope some get what i'm saying now if they read this. This "respect" can't just end now because Tchalla in a lot of ways is Boseman and his journey now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Will never be my T'Challa.

I'm sure the general audience and some fans will accept this though. Not me.

Would much rather take a variant
    Variant only works if its in its own universe basically away from all the MCU stuff. And its the clear lead.

As of now a variant would be cameo or side character status in the MCU. You'd have Shuri and TChalla Jr right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Variant only works if its in its own universe basically away from all the MCU stuff. And its the clear lead.

As of now a variant would be cameo or side character status in the MCU. You'd have Shuri and TChalla Jr right there.
    Let’s not forget that the MCU established that if variants stay in a universe that’s not their own for too long then **** will really hit the fan. As No Way Home demonstrated.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Let’s not forget that the MCU established that if variants stay in a universe that’s not their own for too long then **** will really hit the fan. As No Way Home demonstrated.
    Which makes me curious how they'll handle Gamora in GOTG 3. They already showed she's not going to just pick up where the other one left off.

But yeah, I doubt we get a variant as the permanent T'challa replacement.

I think that’s because the spell was still active meanwhile Sony and Marvel are keeping Vulture in the Venom universe

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    ************, its **** like this that means we'll never get any major queer characters in the MCU

We'll never get guys like Hulkling and Wiccan or Phyla-Vell and Moondragon

************, its **** like this that means we'll never get any major queer characters in the MCU

But wouldn't this scene have been more thoughtful and come off across as more powerful if there was a prodiminent black male viewpoint character to which to view this moment through. I am a pretty fluid dude but at the end of the day i'm still a dude and a black dude at that, a first generation jamerican black dude, well how i consider myself but i digress, sipping a bit of jack, lol, but this is what peoeple in this thread really be trying to get across. If you want people to understand you don't do it by erasing their voice, their view point into trying to understand something rather you think they should already or not, that is why Bond still exists and why they still want him white and preferably younger but they don't get that about tchalla. But the industry saying both, so what is the industry?..
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Niffleheim

I think Wiccan or Hulking has already been cast for Coven of Chaos but considering how nonromantic Chavez mothers were in MoM and they were banned anyway in some territories maybe you're right.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-14-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/brief-histo...8.html?src=rss

I think these are bigger issues than insulting T'Challa fans.
    So when that moment at the end happened, this black dude sitting next to me groans and says "Ugh! They shove that stuff into EVERYTHING!" So I say, "Um, that's directly from the source material. They're supposed to be lesbians." He then says "Oh yeah! You right, you right." Smh

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The real question is how far do these plans go? Like that ending scene with Strange and Reed was definitely Illuminati-like. If the smartest man on Earth and the Sorcerer Supreme are helping the King of Wakanda with lost deities and god-killing weapons this could be a big story moving forward. Like event-level big lol though that’s highly unlikely. Or it’s just something that exists on the margins of Ridley’s crap run.

I don’t know how sales are looking but I can’t imagine the current ongoing going past 20 issues, right? Right!? Maybe Hill’s hoping to set some stuff up for T’Challa after this run is done.
    You could make this rsther "a list" using illuminati ish characters

Or yiu could make it more niche by bringing in other avatars instead... moon knight, white tiger... and im sure others

Anything os more interesting than civil wars and politics
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

I thought this was interesting. FD Siginifer is not really a comics or geek guy, he's a political youtuber who occasionally will talk about hip hop or some other pop culture thing. Here he goes into a lengthy analysis of the first Black Panther movie and why it was so important to the black community. He likes the film but I think some of his slight disappointments come from him thinking the movie was trying do or be something it wasn't