Page 923 of 955 FirstFirst ... 423823873913919920921922923924925926927933 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 14314
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Shuris not the problem though. She was never the problem until the MCU decided to make her the super genius at T'Challas expense. And then the comics followed suit. Given that the MCU basically made OCs out of every character save T'Challa, Ramonda, Okoye and T'Chaka, it would of just been a different character anyways.

The only Blame I can solidly give to Hudlin is him decimating T'Challas male cast, or atleast he started it, turn Mayberry finished it by killing S'Yan. And Hudlin not being on to allow T'Challa to get a solid win on Doom. Otherwise, Shuri isn't his fault neither is Storm. Really got awhile it was x office taking pot shots year's after the marriage ended and now it's BP writers leaving that relationship dead.

It was dead, Coates brought it back, then x office isht on it, he continued it , then Vita Killed it, then Ridley brought it up AGAIN Judy to use Storm to isht on T'Challa, then kill it. That ain't Hudlins fault, that's petty ishts who can't showcase positive black love without dunking on T'Challa

That's also a very weak argument. That's like trying to blame Coates using the DM as some oppressed group on Priest for introducing them. That's not how that works. Coates is to blame. Period.
    Oh I totally agree. I was just saying that maybe those were two of the points the other poster could have been referring to, in regards to Huldlin’s run. Personally, I loved everything he added, as I (did) love Shuri’s character and even the romance to Storm (but not any anymore, and truthfully, never again).

Shuris not the problem though. She was never the problem until the MCU decided to make her the super genius at T'Challas expense. And then the comics followed suit. Given that the MCU basically made OCs out of every character save T'Challa, Ramonda, Okoye and T'Chaka, it would of just been a different character anyways.

The only Blame I can solidly give to Hudlin is him decimating T'Challas male cast, or atleast he started it, turn Mayberry finished it by killing S'Yan. And Hudlin not being on to allow T'Challa to get a solid win on Doom. Otherwise, Shuri isn't his fault neither is Storm. Really got awhile it was x office taking pot shots year's after the marriage ended and now it's BP writers leaving that relationship dead.

It was dead, Coates brought it back, then x office isht on it, he continued it , then Vita Killed it, then Ridley brought it up AGAIN Judy to use Storm to isht on T'Challa, then kill it. That ain't Hudlins fault, that's petty ishts who can't showcase positive black love without dunking on T'Challa

That's also a very weak argument. That's like trying to blame Coates using the DM as some oppressed group on Priest for introducing them. That's not how that works. Coates is to blame. Period.

Big facts can’t be better said , the problems are with the writers/editors these characters don’t write themselves

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Did T'challa never actually check out the info from all that spying? He should know Cap's moves front to back.
    He does but this is Ridley. His T’Challa has been unimpressive across the board. T’Challa was basically a defenseless child against Buffalo Soldier.

Hudlin should’ve given Shuri a defined role and fleshed out her more instead of getting rid of or sidelining the existing preexisting cast so she doesnt come off as “diet T’Challa”, also doing more with hernationalistic views and brutality compared to T’Challa. Had she had her own lane from the start instead of existing to be T’Challa’s replacement, Ryan and co wouldn’t had a reason to make her the genius and the comics and other media wouldn’t be copying the MCU.

The Storm marriage never should’ve happened because it was doomed from the start unless she became a full time BP character.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He does but this is Ridley. His T’Challa has been unimpressive across the board. T’Challa was basically a defenseless child against Buffalo Soldier.
    That's the worst part of this book for me.
    T'Challa getting whooped by new characters, how would he fair against established characters with years of feats like Cap or Namor?

It's either -
    A: The logical conclusion, he gets beat down harder by the established characters.
    B: He beats the established characters which does'nt make sense.

For the record, I'm only talking in the context of this run, Cap is'nt too much of a problem for him, Namor could be but he nothing he can't deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...this is such a train wreck and blatant disrespect to not only Black Panther but also any other character portrayed in this book (The Avengers, Storm, Gentle, etc.)
    Apparently Namor is going against Cap and the Avengers to 'help' T'challa??
    Same guy who gave Cap back his shield in the last issue of the Cap solo.

Ridley's about to turn Namor's closest and coldest relationship upside down.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone tired of them whitewashing Shuri to make her look better than T'Challa?

This is the same woman who ordered an attack on Atlantis that I am under the impression killed a bunch of innocent civilians? Something T'Challa has never done?
    I'm tired of Shuri, and random ass OCs somehow being able to outsmart T'Challa, our fight him, and talk isht to his face while he looks like a whipped dog.

Hudlin should’ve given Shuri a defined role and fleshed out her more instead of getting rid of or sidelining the existing preexisting cast so she doesnt come off as “diet T’Challa”, also doing more with hernationalistic views and brutality compared to T’Challa. Had she had her own lane from the start instead of existing to be T’Challa’s replacement, Ryan and co wouldn’t had a reason to make her the genius and the comics and other media wouldn’t be copying the MCU.

The Storm marriage never should’ve happened because it was doomed from the start unless she became a full time BP character.
    That's like ONE of the extremely few things Coates did, was give her a lane. But it ultimately might not have even mattered. Hell Coogler created a brand new OC brother for T'Chaka when S'Yan exists. Zuri is an OC. So I feel it doesn't even matter m they would have used Shuri or created a new OC to do it. Just the fact that she went from young woman to teen super genius means they didn't care

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

That's like ONE of the extremely few things Coates did, was give her a lane. But it ultimately might not have even mattered. Hell Coogler created a brand new OC brother for T'Chaka when S'Yan exists. Zuri is an OC. So I feel it doesn't even matter m they would have used Shuri or created a new OC to do it. Just the fact that she went from young woman to teen super genius means they didn't care

Quick correction. Zuri was a character first featured in Priest's run. A freaking badass haha. Coogler "altered" him to serve the plot of his so-called film. If I remember correctly Zuri and W'Kabi were killed by Morlun? Could be wrong. I wish they weren't. T'Challa losing two of his closest male friends was a mistake.
    Last edited by talentedbutnot; 12-22-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post

Quick correction. Zuri was a character first featured in Priest's run. A freaking badass haha. Coogler "altered" him to serve the plot of his so-called film. If I remember correctly Zuri and W'Kabi were killed by Morlun? Could be wrong. I wish they weren't. T'Challa losing two of his closest male friends was a mistake.
    I've said it before but essentially M'Baku is Zuri in the MCU. Forest Whitaker just seemed it name only.

Quote Originally Posted by talentedbutnot View Post

I meant that Zuri was basically an OC because he is NOTHING like his comic counterpart. Zuri was funny in the comics and a warrior. MCU zuri was just a wise old shaman. Yeah morlun killed them. Someone should just retcon and bring them back. What we have left is juste lacking. Only Shuri and Ramonda have any long connection with T'Challa.

M'Baku was more like comic Zuri than actual Zuri

I meant that Zuri was basically an OC because he is NOTHING like his comic counterpart. Zuri was funny in the comics and a warrior. MCU zuri was just a wise old shaman. Yeah morlun killed them. Someone should just retcon and bring them back. What we have left is juste lacking. Only Shuri and Ramonda have any long connection with T'Challa.

M'Baku was more like comic Zuri than actual Zuri
    Facts MCU Zuri is more/less just Mendinao or a y or younger N’Gassi

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone tired of them whitewashing Shuri to make her look better than T'Challa?

This is the same woman who ordered an attack on Atlantis that I am under the impression killed a bunch of innocent civilians? Something T'Challa has never done?
    Shuri is not the problem, She's great. The bad writing is. Bias people are trying to make Black woman vs men, when others are the problem

I agree, they kill off too many of T'challa's supporting cast, injuring them really has the same effect. One person I do wish we would get to see again though is Sofija, she wasn't loyal to The Black Panther or the Throne, she was loyal to T'challa and I liked that. She went back to Wakanda with him, but they never spoke of her again smh.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Far as the Relationship with Storm, I blame 3 groups of people. Racist, trolls, and racist trolls. There's nothing wrong with the idea of these two being wedded. There's so much that could have been done with the king of a high tech nation and a powerful mutant ambassador.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Far as the Relationship with Storm, I blame 3 groups of people. Racist, trolls, and racist trolls. There's nothing wrong with the idea of these two being wedded. There's so much that could have been done with the king of a high tech nation and a powerful mutant ambassador.
    True. Their relationship is fine...when handled well. People kill me with that nonsense about they were only married because they are Marvel's "premiere black superheroes." It had been in the making for decades.

Last edited by talentedbutnot; 12-23-2022 at 09:32 AM.