Page 263 of 955 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 14314

I been reading the past post concerning, who is who is not a geek/fan. Honestly you got to let folks be, because I remember when fans/geeks put out writing piece after writing piece. That was self-projections, future possibilities and character defenses. When the Last Jedi, had its moment in the spotlight. Those fans/geeks that supported Finn character vanish. Now you have John Boyega pointing out issues that others have been making for years.

All I am saying give it time and those fans/geeks will eventually understand. Or move to the next big Black exposure event to make a buck.

I’ve been waiting for ten years to have Cassandra Wayne in the Batgirl suit again.

At least spiderman is joining the X-men mixtape

Track 1 (Inhumans)
    Chocked on the green. So we choked you out.

Track 2 (Black Panther)
    Turned out King. Flooded city

Track 3 (Spider-Man)
    I knew a girl named Mary Jane

No one here is going to attack anybody for their opinions. However, it's hard to not do a double take on certain things said in the past, especially with what's been said in recently. People here will continue to call out BS and educate, but it's really telling in the wording that is being used over the past

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    This guy Feige man. Does he really not get it? I hope he does this with other characters and not just TChalla.

If the endgame was to use Wakanda as some launching pad than that is why he said what he said.

Look at Wakanda. How many random Marvel folks could wander through there since they opened up to everyone???

We got Riri there for some reason-what if Wakanda University recruited her instead of the remains of Stark Industries?

What if Panther's nephew's BBF is a biracial boy named Miles? Flint? David? Jim? Evan? Tom?

Hello Miles Morales, Flint of the Inhumans, Jim Wilson Falcon's nephew, Evan-Storm's nephew and Bill Foster's nephew.

You got a place to toss out as many black folks as you want with wakanda.

Nothing is preventing Will Foster from gaining a SHURI MADE Giant Man suit.

Nor a Wakanda style Miles Morales costume.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I will say the Riri inclusion (importance) is more frustrating than I could have anticipated. Its Feige telling me one thing and then doing something else totally. As a youtube commenter mentioned it seemed like they are setting up her to create shadow physics.

Astonishing Member

What does Shadow Physics do in the comics? Isn’t that what T’Challa used to teleport during the Hickman Avengers run? And I thought it wasn’t purely science, more like cosmic alchemy. Shame more hasn’t been done with it since Doomwar, it would’ve made sense to bring it up at some point during T’Challa’s search for the origin of vibranium.

Speaking of which, I’m just now realizing T’Challa never found out where vibranium came from at the end of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda lol. I’m not complaining for obvious reasons but outside the theory T’Challa presented during the Last Annihilation one-shot, is he any closer to figuring out where the space rock comes from? Do we have any other pieces of info or theories out there about it’s origins? I’m surprised Ridley didn’t go immediately in that direction with his first arc but I guess he wanted to shift away from the space stuff for a bit since it proved catastrophic for sales and quality.

So you have Nate Moore running around telling everyone that black panther is as much a mantle as it is a person. And telling Ryan coogler not to get too attached to T'Challa.

Ryan coogler publicly stating that he didn't get the draw of the character anyway.

Then the MCU presents a very watered-down undefinded version of the character and dispenses his attributes and accomplishments among a cast of non to semi important characters.

Tragedy strikes and there's not even a delay announced for the sequel in response to losing their lead character.
    And then Kevin feige proclaims that this is the best iteration of t'challa throughout all of history in any form or medium ever therefore there's no reason to recast. (The last time he has publicly mentioned the character

And a Wakanda sequel where black panther is in the smallest of Fonts but there to sell the movie because as with Marvels failed Coats era spinoffs they dont have the confidence in the side characters to not use the name BlackPanther as a sales point

All to "Honor" Chadwick ofcouse as the press junket will soon start selling.

They better hope the Madea crowd shows up for this movie again. What would Thor look like if Marvel took the same approach with him and Asguard? He is white so we will never know.

But that crowd might already be enamored with a different female African Warriors movie that's releasing around that same time with some actual basis for existing.

Kevin will be so upset if this steals the clout he's chasing
    MV5BNDYwYjMwMTEtMjY5MS00NGJjLTlmODMtNmZhMTc4ZDkwODhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ0NDM5NTk@._V1_.jpg
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-26-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    So you have Nate Moore running around telling everyone that black panther is as much a mental as it is a person. And telling Ryan coogler not to get too attached to T'Challa.

Ryan coogler publicly stating that he didn't get the draw of the character anyway.

Then the MC you presents a very watered-down version of the character and dispenses his attributes and accomplishments among a cast of non to semi important characters.

Tragedy strikes and there's not even a delay announced for the sequel in response to losing their lead character.
    And then Kevin feige proclaims that this is the best iteration of t'challa throughout all of history in any form or medium ever therefore there's no reason to recast.

And a Wauconda sequel where black panther is in the smallest of Fonts.

They better hope the Madea crowd shows up for this movie again.

But that crowd might already be enamored with a different female African Warriors movie that's really thing around that time with some actual basis for existing.

MV5BNDYwYjMwMTEtMjY5MS00NGJjLTlmODMtNmZhMTc4ZDkwODhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ0NDM5NTk@._V1_.jpg
    I can’t wait for a trailer for this to drop. It looks amazing. Also:
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I can’t wait for a trailer for this to drop. It looks amazing. Also:
    The Woman King does look good. Im excited to see it and hopefully it does well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    So you have Nate Moore running around telling everyone that black panther is as much a mantle as it is a person. And telling Ryan coogler not to get too attached to T'Challa.

Then the MCU presents a very watered-down undefinded version of the character and dispenses his attributes and accomplishments among a cast of non to semi important characters.

And then Kevin feige proclaims that this is the best iteration of t'challa throughout all of history in any form or medium ever therefore there's no reason to recast. (The last time he has publicly mentioned the character

And a Wakanda sequel where black panther is in the smallest of Fonts but there to sell the movie because as with Marvels failed Coats era spinoffs they dont have the confidence in the side characters to not use the name BlackPanther as a sales point

They better hope the Madea crowd shows up for this movie again. What would Thor look like if Marvel took the same approach with him and Asguard? He is white so we will never know.

But that crowd might already be enamored with a different female African Warriors movie that's releasing around that same time with some actual basis for existing.

The discourse around that movie is gonna be nauseating when people find out the actual history behind it lol. But Viola Davis is one of the best performers of all time imo so I’m just excited to see her delving into passion projects like this.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-26-2022 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    What does Shadow Physics do in the comics? Isn’t that what T’Challa used to teleport during the Hickman Avengers run? And I thought it wasn’t purely science, more like cosmic alchemy. Shame more hasn’t been done with it since Doomwar, it would’ve made sense to bring it up at some point during T’Challa’s search for the origin of vibranium.

Speaking of which, I’m just now realizing T’Challa never found out where vibranium came from at the end of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda lol. I’m not complaining for obvious reasons but outside the theory T’Challa presented during the Last Annihilation one-shot, is he any closer to figuring out where the space rock comes from? Do we have any other pieces of info or theories out there about it’s origins? I’m surprised Ridley didn’t go immediately in that direction with his first arc but I guess he wanted to shift away from the space stuff for a bit since it proved catastrophic for sales and quality.

I’m going to reserve full judgment for now, but at least Coates didn’t write TChalla as the pushover Ridley has, so early and often. And I just want to make it clear I’m not an advocate for Coates.

Astonishing Member

I’m going to reserve full judgment for now, but at least Coates didn’t write TChalla as the pushover Ridley has, so early and often. And I just want to make it clear I’m not an advocate for Coates.
    Oh I’m not even trying to criticize Coates here, I just wanna know what Shadow Physics actually is. I disagree that his T’Challa was less of a pushover than Ridley’s though.

Oh I’m not even trying to criticize Coates here, I just wanna know what Shadow Physics actually is. I disagree that his T’Challa was less of a pushover than Ridley’s though.

I think Shadow Physics helps him track Vibranium.

But I’m just looking at five issues and TChalla has gotten floored in one punch by his student, knocked around by Gentle, struggled with fodder, and verbally disrespected a few times. Yes, there was context with Gentle but it still happened. It didn’t have to completely go that way.

Astonishing Member

I think Shadow Physics helps him track Vibranium.

But I’m just looking at five issues and TChalla has gotten floored in one punch by his student, knocked around by Gentle, struggled with fodder, and verbally disrespected a few times. Yes, there was context with Gentle but it still happened. It didn’t have to completely go that way.
    I thought T’Challa detects vibranium on his own since he’s connected to the Great Mound, but I guess that power depends on the writer. But I do remember him using it to track vibranium now that you say it and iirc it’s also what depowered vibranium at the end of Doomwar. It’s pretty versatile, I don’t think he needs it in his regular arsenal but T’Challa’s ability to fuse science and magic should be put on display more.

How could you even get upset about Gentle when it was a ploy (a stupid one but still) lol. The next scene he was swearing his life and acting like T’Challa’s son, that was a subversion of T’Challa getting disrespected by his own people. It was meant to highlight a positive aspect of T’Challa Coates absolutely hated about the character, his strategic mind. And T’Challa nearly killed Omo the second he got serious, the only thing that shouldn’t have happened was her knocking him on his ass in the first place. But Ridley showed the distance between the two is immeasurable. Anyone walking away with the idea she’s on his level has ulterior motives.

The disrespect is the big thing for me, I don’t buy his spies telling him to “**** off” after being told to stop their mission or his Prime Minister taunting him in front of the entire council. Even Akili stepping in when T’Challa’s about to respond doesn’t sit right with me, he doesn’t know these people like that lol. Coates was much worse at this same point in the story and he doubled down on it by having T’Challa actually believe the things being said about him. Ridley has enough decency to show T’Challa shrugging off Shuri’s complaints about dictatorship and not crying over someone not liking him.

He’s far more strong-willed and willing to take what his subordinates say with a grain of salt rather than shaming himself or apologizing for every mistake he’s made. He’s written as aloof and thinking of the bigger picture, there’s a reason commentators bitched about him not sounding like Coates’ version. I think people confuse the disrespect from his subjects with T’Challa internalizing it and he’s not really doing that here. And yet Ridley still has him reckoning with his authority while being flawed, the way a competent BP writer should.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-26-2022 at 05:01 PM.

I thought T’Challa detects vibranium on his own since he’s connected to the Great Mound, but I guess that power depends on the writer. But I do remember him using it to track vibranium now that you say it and iirc it’s also what depowered vibranium at the end of Doomwar. It’s pretty versatile, I don’t think he needs it in his regular arsenal but T’Challa’s ability to fuse science and magic should be put on display more.

How could you even get upset about Gentle when it was a ploy (a stupid one but still) lol. The next scene he was swearing his life and acting like T’Challa’s son, that was a subversion of T’Challa getting disrespected by his own people. It was meant to highlight a positive aspect of T’Challa Coates absolutely hated about the character, his strategic mind. And T’Challa nearly killed Omo the second he got serious, the only thing that shouldn’t have happened was her knocking him on his ass in the first place. But Ridley showed the distance between the two is immeasurable. Anyone walking away with the idea she’s on his level has ulterior motives.

The disrespect is the big thing for me, I don’t buy his spies telling him to “**** off” after being told to stop their mission or his Prime Minister taunting him in front of the entire council. Even Akili stepping in when T’Challa’s about to respond doesn’t sit right with me, he doesn’t know these people like that lol. Coates was much worse at this same point in the story and he doubled down on it by having T’Challa actually believe the things being said about him. Ridley has enough decency to show T’Challa shrugging off Shuri’s complaints about dictatorship and not crying over someone not liking him.

He’s far more strong-willed and willing to take what his subordinates say with a grain of salt rather than shaming himself or apologizing for every mistake he’s made. He’s written as aloof and thinking of the bigger picture, there’s a reason commentators bitched about him not sounding like Coates’ version. I think people confuse the disrespect from his subjects with T’Challa internalizing it and he’s not really doing that here. And yet Ridley still has him reckoning with his authority while being flawed, the way a competent BP writer should.

You make some good points, especially about the strategic mind. I guess I’m a little bitter that he’s taken away some of the features of his suit and his overall physical prowess (heart shaped herb and all). I’m a mark for that kind of stuff. There are some nice elements to his story, but I’m not a big fan of politics, and I never have been, so I’m forcing myself to stay interested in that aspect.

Astonishing Member

You make some good points, especially about the strategic mind. I guess I’m a little bitter that he’s taken away some of the features of his suit and his overall physical prowess (heart shaped herb and all). I’m a mark for that kind of stuff. There are some nice elements to his story, but I’m not a big fan of politics, and I never have been, so I’m forcing myself to stay interested in that aspect.
    Yea the Gentle thing actually sticks out even more because it’s the only unambiguously positive interaction T’Challa has had with another character. Shuri is upset she’s only now realizing she’s from a family of benevolent dictators lol (despite being one herself at some point), Omo is mad she didn’t pick a different line of work, Akili turned on T’Challa the second the suspicion turned on him, Folasade is a power hungry bureaucrat, Storm is a political rival T’Challa’s spying on, etc.

Gentle’s the one person T’Challa actually confided in and it was after they put on a show in enemy territory to solidify his status as a spy. I don’t even like that character and I think it’s one of the strongest scenes showing T’Challa as a beloved king and a mastermind. It was completely undercut by Storm realizing something was up the next issue. We can’t fully appreciate T’Challa’s spy program if all it takes is his ex-wife creeping around to find out about his sleeper agents.

Yea, these power levels aren’t doing it for me but I do appreciate we’re seeing T’Challa as a martial artist again. Black Panther’s bread and butter is top tier martial arts. The gadgets, the mysticism, etc. all come after T’Challa being one of the top 5 warriors in the Marvel Universe. Been that way since forever and it’d be a damn shame if that was forgotten in favor of purple energy blasts. But if Ridley wants to focus on hand to hand combat, we need more dynamic scenes, I’m not sure Cabal can do that. And the politics of this aren’t good, but I’ll be honest and say I hate the democracy and nothing will make me like stories about it. So I agree on that front.