Page 588 of 955 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 14314
    Incredible Member

Good issue tbh

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Cringe dialogue aside, it could've been worse. Decent for Ridley but not enough to make me start rethinking Ridley’s run

On one positive note

spoilers:
    T'Challa is leading the Avengers again
    end of spoilers
    It’s positive until we get that poorly written version of Tower of Babel coming up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s positive until we get that poorly written version of Tower of Babel coming up.
    Why did you have to remind me

Incredible Member

Black Panther #9 wasn’t good.

Lol I can’t believe John still writing BP

T'Challa curled up in a ball in 'space', sulking like an emo little brat, was some of the best unintentional comedy I've seen in a while. Better than Ridley's actual attempts at humor in the rest of the issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Cringe dialogue aside, it could've been worse. Decent for Ridley but not enough to make me start rethinking Ridley’s run

On one positive note

spoilers:
    T'Challa is leading the Avengers again
    end of spoilers
    Is he really leading the team if it’s only in his own book? The main Avengers title doesn’t seem to have reinstated him and I haven’t read All Out Avengers yet but I doubt he was stated to be chairman again. And to top it all off, T’Challa didn’t do anything this issue based off the leaks I read. He just delegates and has Shuri do the tech for him, so it seems he’s not a warrior, a scientist, or much of a leader these days, literally all he does is bitch and cry lmao.

T’Challa’s being marginalized from his own franchise and forced into superfluous team ups until editorial decides how to shake up the franchise after the movie drops. Ridley’s run is basically an extended fill-in, Marvel couldn’t just have zero BP content after the garbage Coates run ended but they also don’t want to take any big creative swings with the movie so close since they obsess over BP synergy. Ridley’s gonna do the cheap “no one man”/“T’Challa is toxic masculinity incarnate” BS until the MCU enters a post-T’Challa state. From there editorial will have a clear idea about which supporting characters they’ll push at his expense and what types of stories they want from the Wakanda corner of Marvel. I’d say I thought Ridley is the worst we’ll get, but I have a sneaking suspicion Marvel will give T’Challa to an even worse writer with a worse track record on T’Challa.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    T'Challa curled up in a ball in 'space', sulking like an emo little brat, was some of the best unintentional comedy I've seen in a while. Better than Ridley's actual attempts at humor in the rest of the issue.
    Makes one wonder why T'Challa recreated the world in the first place if he holds such a view. So between the Tetu uprising and the Akil uprising BP has lost the zeal to want a better tomorrow.

CXfhKskW8AA8GVW8.jpg

BTW Spoiler :

-A colonialist needs a motherland/nation to be considered a colonialist other than that it is just an arms dealer that BP is up against.

-Mysterium is the strongest metal in MC (as of last year) followed by vibranium so if the British Punic forces/French Foreign Legion rip-offs have access to a metal stronger than both then that is a massive power shift.

-Why didn't Thor just bifrost the creatures to the far ends of the universe in the first place?

My god... That dialogue is so bad. Like, Ridleys given up on trying to be serious and now is just trying out satire/comedy? Also wtf was up with that weird monologue at the start?

Ironically enough, of we are talking about story flow. This should of been the first story. Before the garbage that is long shadow

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Is he really leading the team if it’s only in his own book? The main Avengers title doesn’t seem to have reinstated him and I haven’t read All Out Avengers yet but I doubt he was stated to be chairman again. And to top it all off, T’Challa didn’t do anything this issue based off the leaks I read. He just delegates and has Shuri do the tech for him, so it seems he’s not a warrior, a scientist, or much of a leader these days, literally all he does is bitch and cry lmao.

T’Challa’s being marginalized from his own franchise and forced into superfluous team ups until editorial decides how to shake up the franchise after the movie drops. Ridley’s run is basically an extended fill-in, Marvel couldn’t just have zero BP content after the garbage Coates run ended but they also don’t want to take any big creative swings with the movie so close since they obsess over BP synergy. Ridley’s gonna do the cheap “no one man”/“T’Challa is toxic masculinity incarnate” BS until the MCU enters a post-T’Challa state. From there editorial will have a clear idea about which supporting characters they’ll push at his expense and what types of stories they want from the Wakanda corner of Marvel. I’d say I thought Ridley is the worst we’ll get, but I have a sneaking suspicion Marvel will give T’Challa to an even worse writer with a worse track record on T’Challa.
    Well I will say he didn't delegate, and had Shuri assist him with the tech feat but it's clear he is leading it. But I understand and agree with the sentiment, on the Avengers tech on they threw Shuri on randomly when it came to tech related stuff with T'Challa, and the Avengers mech strike the commercial for it on YouTube tried to take T'Challas tech feat away from him and says Tony created the mechs even though it clearly showed in the first issue they did it together and they said as much.

T'Challa doesn't do much in all our Avengers either. Ironically enough, Steve, Carol, and Thor both do more in his book then he does in his and all our Avengers combined. AND those 3 were heavily featured in all our Avengers as well. Really annoying how much marvel and these writers focus on everything and everyone OTHER than T'Challa

Anyone scared for the Marvel games showcase on Friday?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Reshoots are nothing new, but everyone treats them as a big deal for some reason.
    Reshoots about a month and a half before this is suppose to come out?

It's one thing to still be editing a complete movie but what is so important that needed a reshoot? Because that would mean recalling certain folks back and if they are free.

Unless they have already did a test screening and didn't like the feedback.

Had a chance to read issue 9 early and I will say best issue thus far for Ridley. Still not a fan but hopefully he builds on this and gets better. Let me know what you all think.
    Too late now-he had 8 issues to win over folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    My god... That dialogue is so bad. Like, Ridleys given up on trying to be serious and now is just trying out satire/comedy? Also wtf was up with that weird monologue at the start?

Ironically enough, of we are talking about story flow. This should of been the first story. Before the garbage that is long shadow

Ridley can’t salvage the damage he’s done in my eyes. The bad dialogue, the disrespect, the manhandling physically and mentally the character has gone through. But he really lost me with the lack of creativity as it pertains to the suit. He doesn’t explore or utilize any of its features, and that’s become a big part of the character for me. I like seeing it, wondering how he’ll use the warrior prowess and incorporate the tech with it. He’s been the worst as far as that goes. I want another writer to come along badly. I’ll continue not to buy his stuff.

Even TChalla’s brief moments in All Out Avengers capture TChalla’s voice better than Ridley.

Ultimate Member

Final order cutoff

For Wakanda and BP #10 is NeXT Monday.

The variant fest for Wakanda is real...
    https://legacycomics.com/shop/wakand...1-100-variant/

Look for a higher order number thanks to Artgerm. His Killmonger (at least the virgin cover) is sold out already. Even at $180.

Static's book is FOC as well and Luke Cage gets an anniversary cover on Daredevil.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 09-07-2022 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone scared for the Marvel games showcase on Friday?
    Not really, Black Panther things can't get anyworse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Ridley can’t salvage the damage he’s done in my eyes. The bad dialogue, the disrespect, the manhandling physically and mentally the character has gone through. But he really lost me with the lack of creativity as it pertains to the suit. He doesn’t explore or utilize any of its features, and that’s become a big part of the character for me. I like seeing it, wondering how he’ll use the warrior prowess and incorporate the tech with it. He’s been the worst as far as that goes. I want another writer to come along badly. I’ll continue not to buy his stuff.

Even TChalla’s brief moments in All Out Avengers capture TChalla’s voice better than Ridley.
    I agree I don't support this book at all, the dialogue was completely trash tier... For EVERYONE in the book, T'Challa, Thor Steve, Carol and this new villain. ESPECIALLY the villain. That level of cringe was extreme.

All out avengers was fine for hos voice but at the same time he didn't have whole lot of panel time. Hell Steve Thor and Carol had more panel time than T'Challa on his own book