Page 724 of 955 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734774824 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 14314
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    That controversial "spoiler " about to have a million think pieces from Black Blue check Twitter folk(it's going to get annoying).
    It isn't going to be controversial. I think it's going to be the opposite simply because only part of the black community will see what is wrong with the picture and all the bad optics but nobody is going to care.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-29-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    spoilers:
    ... someone explain why they would take the heir to WAKANDA and have them hidden/living in a literal hell hole of a country that isn't even African?
    end of spoilers
    I assume its to show Wakandans doing their part and helping out in a struggling black country.

Cause ya know play into that Wakandan savior complex.

... someone explain why they would take the heir to WAKANDA and have them hidden/living in a literal hell hole of a country that isn't even African?
    You do know this comment comes off as offensive especially to someone who is Haitian like myself?

Edit:

"Hell hole" is also what's used to describe majority of Africa to certain groups. This is coming from a person who been to Haiti(last month) and Africa 5 times, and going back soon. But go on...
    Last edited by Golden Guardian of Good; 10-29-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    spoilers:
    Thats where I’m at too. We were looking at T’Challa being gone from the MCU forever. Now we have a compromise. And T’Challa is for sure gonna be involved in the next avengers saga. I also hope this disrupts what ever plans marvel comics editorial has of killing or making comic T’Challa less prominent. If this one gets to keep all his character traits, then imma chalk it up as a win. Time will tell.

Added bonus is coogler has an emotional attachment to this T’Challa so no infinity war shenanigans.
    end of spoilers
    All of this basically. I hated this news so much back when it was just a rumor but after thinking about it more in depth, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now hopefully this means T’Challa will be safe in other mediums.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm going to say something that may get me banned, but at this point, when it comes to anything fictionally African I don't trust it unless its made by African themselves... And from a production company standpoint too. Just look at Woman King lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    All of this basically. I hated this news so much back when it was just a rumor but after thinking about it more in depth, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now hopefully this means T’Challa will be safe in other mediums.
    MCU is the biggest medium in my opinion. T'Challa should be BIG in MCU and not just prominent in comics or even video games. Like I said its over.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    You do know this comment comes off as offensive especially to someone who is Haitian like myself?

Edit:

"Hell hole" is also what's used to describe majority of Africa to certain groups. This is coming from a person who been to Haiti(last month) and Africa 5 times, and going back soon. But go on...
    To be fair part of the issue is what we get to see from certain forms of the media.

How many Feed the Children ads did we see in the 90s alone? Or films like Hotel Rwanda? Or Mafia 3? To someone like you or me (who watches films and shows from other countries) we know this is not the only thing Haiti or Africa has.

It's not like those countries are fully taught in school and how many heroes from those places have books?

I mean almost every African I have met at comic cons selling their books ENFORCE the fact Wakanda is not real and not one of their books feature military armies of black boys with guns or rape camps.

They are either based on African lore or a hero who happens to be African.

I'm going to say something that may get me banned, but at this point, when it comes to anything fictionally African I don't trust it unless its made by African themselves... And from a production company standpoint too. Just look at Woman King lol.
    I think in some case those writers (in Woman King it was white women) write that in good faith without research. They happened to pick a tribe that helped in slavery.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    That controversial "spoiler " about to have a million think pieces from Black Blue check Twitter folk(it's going to get annoying).
    Those think pieces were already written. Now they are getting edited to toss in Wakanda.

However in this case Dad is dead and not a deadbeat.

The debate is not telling the family about it.

It isn't going to be controversial. I think it's going to be the opposite simply because only part of the black community will see what is wrong with the picture and all the bad optics but nobody is going to care.
    To a point it can be.

We KNOW Nakia was suppose to be in Avengers Endgame based on art. She was never filmed due to other movie gigs.

spoilers:
    When did those two find time to screw? Unless they jumped in the bed after movie 1-that kid would be 7. After Endgame-less that 3 years old.

How much time has passed? If we use real time it's 4 years. If we take in the snap it's 2024 and when does this movie take place? 2027-2030?.

If we toss in the mess known as Secret Wars-with time travel at worst you would get a 13 year old T'Challa Jr.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To be fair part of the issue is what we get to see from certain forms of the media.

How many Feed the Children ads did we see in the 90s alone? Or films like Hotel Rwanda? Or Mafia 3? To someone like you or me (who watches films and shows from other countries) we know this is not the only thing Haiti or Africa has.

It's not like those countries are fully taught in school and how many heroes from those places have books?

I mean almost every African I have met at comic cons selling their books ENFORCE the fact Wakanda is not real and not one of their books feature military armies of black boys with guns or rape camps.

They are either based on African lore or a hero who happens to be African.
    Not sure how the majority of this post addresses the one you replied to. But like I said some Haitians(like myself) and certain African nationals would find it offensive their country being called "hell holes" from outsiders who don't know the politics, history nor never been.

As for the bolded, the Africans I have met IN Africa(Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa, etc), had no issues with the Black Panther mythos/Afrofuturism.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think in some case those writers (in Woman King it was white women) write that in good faith without research. They happened to pick a tribe that helped in slavery.
    Exactly, which is the issue. And not just that some non-Africans won't understand cultural cues of Africans.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post

Edit:

You can be proud of your heritage and still realize the currebt country is an absolute disaster and simply bad place to live right now and is absolutely not somewhere you would stash the current heir of wakanda throne
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Could you guys help me find a variant cover please?

It uses the iconic Jungle Action pose, but it's drawn in a modern style. Anyone know what issue or cover it is?

We've had africans write in the comics

They were just as bad as Americans

Wakanda is closer to asgard than any real nation
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Thats the realest shit in the whole thread right there.

Its not like anything else on earth and it supposed to be unearthly . FFS. you don't get this type of thing with Camelot, or Tir Na Nog, or any of the fictional European places.

Secondly, yeah, its not about where the maker comes from despite what Taika Waititi said it is all about respect for the mythos. Curation of the Character. Smh
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Emmanuel (E-Man) Noisette - #RecastTChalla
    @EmansReviews
    ·
    46s
    Good. Happy to hear this.

#BlackPanther #WakandaForever
    superherohype.com
    Chadwick Boseman's Family Advised Ryan Coogler on Wakanda Forever
    Ryan Coogler reached out to Chadwick Boseman's family for advice on how to honor the late actor's legacy in Black Panther: Wakanda

Exactly, the latest crop of writers have proven that race, ethnicity, gender, etc. Doesn't matter at all. A writer who doesn't care will write a ishtty story. Narcisse when he ain't being a yes man, Ewing, JA, and Redjack crushed it. Why? Because they respect the character.