Page 711 of 955 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721761811 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Which could have been avoided if they sensibly waited for some time to pass and recast the role. Watch how the next actor to play T'Challa *whenever that will be) will be praised and instigate a global circle jerk. People are so annoyingly fickle.
    Imma keep it 100 with you. I do think this is all Ryan Coogler and Nate Moore's doing.

However, I think Feige was SURE MOM and L&T would we world wide hits so its ok if WF is just a tribute movie. MCU too big to fail. However, its really up in the air if people want to watch a sad trauma filled movie. No matter how good the direction is. Thats a tough sell for repeat viewings.

MCU has lost its grip on the fan community. So they are on WF success.
    Feige is sweating bullets. Just like he did at the premiere. He needs this film to work or he needs (or knew judging by his change in stance) T'Challa back.

Incredible Member

Keep in mind Mendelson normally can't stand these kinds of films. He's been critical about just every Marvel and DC film he has seen.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Scott Mendelson
    @ScottMendelson
    ·
    Follow
    #BlackPantherWakandaForever entertains but spends way too much time setting up future MCU projects and coping with its non-fiction tragedy. It also often feels like a mix-and-match of prior (frankly inferior) Marvel movies. Works best when it's just allowed to be Black Panther 2.
    Man the setting up future MCU projects bit always pisses me off. Its like they learned nothing from Iron Man 2 and the Thor bath scene from Age of Ultron.

I assume that complaint relates to Riri.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

franchise that celebrated Black unity, the first film shows men and women both shining and now these folks want to take black men out and tell them to sit down so they can take over the franchise and push Black men out... Nah, she don't deserve a invite either and it's all the more funny and ironic E-man got one
    Man. This hits hard. It did do just that, and they are doing exactly that. Also its not surprising to me that certain not-black demographics would... A. Endorse Black Women in the spotlight over black men. Because Black men have always been the secret fear since slavery and before. B. Do anything to sow division amidst us. Drawing a line that implies that black women should tell us to sit down and we (as heroes especially) aren't needed. Today most moves against us is almost always persecuted by sowing division between us. Anything, and I mean anything to depower our masculinity, and thus our families, and thus our offspring...etc... All of these moves they make certainly aren't about celebrating us or even our heroes, its a way to weaponize things.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Bruh...

Attachment 125725

I feel it will do well at the box office but might be greatly affected by the repeat viewings if you come out of the film feeling this way but it's just one person so others might not feel the same way.
    I’ve been saying this from the jump. The first movie was a party while this one is a funeral. And who wants to return to a funeral?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Fantastic Member

I'm surprised that Mendelson is not through the roof about Wakanda Forever. I've never gotten the impression that he's down on comic book films as a rule. He seems to take more issue with Paramount trying to keep Star Trek as a movie franchise than I've seen him down comic book movies as a genre. I appreciate Mendelson's honesty about his initial feelings for Wakanda Forever.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 10-27-2022 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’ve been saying this from the jump. The first movie was a party while this one is a funeral. And who wants to return to a funeral?
    I'll say its gonna be interesting to see how Black Adam will handle WF's release. That movie only has 2 weeks left to make back its budget before it comes out.

Keep in mind BA had a great opening weekend so the only question left is whether it have any legs or not. If it does well in the oncoming weeks then it might have a chance to actually be a true opponent to WF before Avatar 2 comes out.

I bring up BA because that movie is like the perfect contrast to WF. Black Adam is over the top spectacle and fun, a pure popcorn movie to Wakanda Forever's more serious and kinda artsy status.

As you put it WF is more of a "funeral" and that might put its successive weekends at risk so it be interesting if more people wind up staying for BA because it isn't as depressing. Of course this all depends on how well BA does in the next weeks before WF comes out but its interesting speculation nonetheless.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I'm surprised that Mendelson is not through the roof about Wakanda Forever. I've never gotten the impression that he's down on comic book films as a rule. He seems to take more issue with Paramount trying to keep Star Trek as a movie franchise than I've seen him down comic book movies as a genre. I appreciate Mendelson's honesty about his initial feelings for Wakanda Forever.
    He may not be down on them as a rule, but he typically isn't that impressed by them and has been very hard on them bordering on cynical. He isn't through the roof about Wakanda Forever but his impression is more favorable than what you usually get from him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'll say its gonna be interesting to see how Black Adam will handle WF's release. That movie only has 2 weeks left to make back its budget before it comes out.

Keep in mind BA had a great opening weekend so the only question left is whether it have any legs or not. If it does well in the oncoming weeks then it might have a chance to actually be a true opponent to WF before Avatar 2 comes out.

I bring up BA because that movie is like the perfect contrast to WF. Black Adam is over the top spectacle and fun, a pure popcorn movie to Wakanda Forever's more serious and kinda artsy status.

As you put it WF is more of a "funeral" and that might put its successive weekends at risk so it be interesting if more people wind up staying for BA because it isn't as depressing. Of course this all depends on how well BA does in the next weeks before WF comes out but its interesting speculation nonetheless.
    I don't think Black Adam's WOM is that strong. It got a B+ cinemascore from audiences which is not that great. It will probably have decent legs, but I can't see it posing much of a threat to Wakanda Forever at least domestically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I don't think Black Adam's WOM is that strong. It got a B+ cinemascore from audiences which is not that great. It will probably have decent legs, but I can't see it posing much of a threat to Wakanda Forever at least domestically.
    It probably won't yeah but its funny to think about.

Like the potential disbelief and reactions amuses me so much that I'm willing to root for it to go above and beyond what anyone expected.

Granted the movie does have a strong anti-imperialist message so who knows maybe that will give it a lot of international appeal. XD
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 10-27-2022 at 03:58 AM.

I'm not surprised about the spoilers, given this painfully obvious MasterCard ad I saw last night:

Yay girls, I guess.

Fantastic Member

He may not be down on them as a rule, but he typically isn't that impressed by them and has been very hard on them bordering on cynical. He isn't through the roof about Wakanda Forever but his impression is more favorable than what you usually get from him.
    I do think he likes a variety of less blockbuster, smaller, or relatively smaller fare (with diverse casting) and isn't gaga over comic book movies, however I haven't gotten the impression that he as down on them as you judge he is. To me, I would've expected his reviews to be much more ecstatic over Wakanda Forever, and it might get there over the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It probably won't yeah but its funny to think about.

Like the potential disbelief and reactions amuses me so much that I'm willing to root for it to go above and beyond what anyone expected.

Granted the movie does have a strong anti-imperialist message so who knows maybe that will give it a lot of international appeal. XD
    Especially in the Middle Eastern markets. By the way is WF banned in those areas since the MA romance is confirmed?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Fantastic Member

Yeah. I don't see it posing a threat to Wakanda Forever either. I don't get why DC kept this release date for Black Adam, but all I can say is that it has two good weekends left before Wakanda Forever wipes out the competition.

I do hope that Black Adam does well. It's a better movie than the reviews suggest. It's not great, but it isn't a travesty either.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...220616716.html
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 10-27-2022 at 04:34 AM.

Still looking for T'challa, son of T'chaka, the Black Panther, in a movie.

Maybe im in a Wakanda Forever movie thread......
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html