Page 731 of 955 FirstFirst ... 231631681721727728729730731732733734735741781831 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 14314

When my son learned of Boseman's death while he understood why T'Challa wouldn't be in the new movie it still broke his heart that he wouldn't see his favorite superhero in movies any more. It's not just like insert other black superhero and all is well because they aren't his favorite hero. That honor goes to T'Challa so no matter how amazing we know Sam & Blade are it doesn't mean they automatically will fill that void for kids who look up to T'Challa.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    At the risk of derailing the thread but Yahya Abdul-Mateen as Wonder man is a waste of the guy.

Why not a Blue Marvel series and have a unit like Yahya play that instead?
    Total waste.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why are they perplexing?

Moore's response is understandable. Let's see how BP:WoW fares...if it does as poorly as Eternals then they'll have some re-thinking and course correcting to do.
    Coogler is basically stating he has other priorities on his plate and most likely hasn't been approached with a contract for a third film as yet. And whether or not he is approached is not up to him.

If anything, what Chadwick's passing and the C-19 pandemic has taught many of us is that situations can change on a dime and what was planned for tomorrow may never come to be. And while Marvel/Disney have planned way ahead into the future...those plans are not set in absolute adamantium.

Bottom line...if it does well at BO...there will be a BP III, with or without Coogler (though preferably with)
    The next BP is years away regardless of the success of this one possibly Phase 6. The earliest we could potentially see Wakanda or a Panther on the big screen again is any of the Avengers films (2025-2026).

Incredible Member

At the risk of derailing the thread but Yahya Abdul-Mateen as Wonder man is a waste of the guy.

Why not a Blue Marvel series and have a unit like Yahya play that instead?
    I don't get what Fiege is doing. Maybe they have Brashear already cast. There are rumors he maybe in The Marvels but nothing concrete.

Leaving a character like Blue Marvel to rot on the bench, when the MCU still lacks POC leads and a Superman analouge is really baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well I'm a 46 year old black man so I know what it's like growing up without a lot of heroes who look like me. I also know kids don't see Sam Wilson as getting "scraps." Maybe if he never got a movie or tv series and was always in the background, sure. That's not the case with him or the other black male heroes we have. And we just keep getting more with Wonder Man incoming
    I wouldn't call what San has gotten in the MCU impressive by any means... Not even close.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Total waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I don't get what Fiege is doing. Maybe they have Brashear already cast. There are rumors he maybe in The Marvels but nothing concrete.

Leaving a character like Blue Marvel to rot on the bench, when the MCU still lacks POC leads and a Superman analouge is really baffling.
    Exactly.

It's utterly baffling. Why race-bend Simon Williams when there are other POC characters lying fallow?

Especially Blue Marvel who has a reasonably cinematic origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    When my son learned of Boseman's death while he understood why T'Challa wouldn't be in the new movie it still broke his heart that he wouldn't see his favorite superhero in movies any more. It's not just like insert other black superhero and all is well because they aren't his favorite hero. That honor goes to T'Challa so no matter how amazing we know Sam & Blade are it doesn't mean they automatically will fill that void for kids who look up to T'Challa.
    Right? In fact, that plays more into treating Black heros as replaceable than any Recast would. "Yeah T'Challa, the first black super hero with RL historical relevance and an hero that stands shoulder to shoulder with White heroes is gone but you have (count em) FOUR other Black heroes! Sure ones in development hell, 2 are side kicks and the last was turned into a joke and lost his eye to a cat alien!"

I mean even T'Challa, who was the best treated Black hero in the MCU STILL got short changed and wasn't treated with the same respect other heroes get.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well that's different since that is your son's favorite character. But that's not what we were discussing. We were talking black make characters and representation in general.

Exactly.

It's utterly baffling. Why race-bend Simon Williams when there are other POC characters lying fallow?

Either Marvel has no plans for Adam or he’s probably already cast and Marvel isn’t telling us. Still Yahya would’ve made a great Blue Marvel. Plus he would’ve had great chemistry with Teyonah Parris judging from what I saw from them in Candyman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well that's different since that is your son's favorite character. But that's not what we were discussing. We were talking black make characters and representation in general.
    The problem is thinking about black characters in such generalities like that. The idea that any black character will do is why we're in the situation we're in right now with this franchise when the fact is black people both kids and adults do find favorites that they identify with and like on an individual level.
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-31-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Exactly.

Yeah the race bending just leaves me with a sour taste whenever it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The problem is thinking about black characters in such a generalities like that. The idea that any black character will do is why we're in the situation we're in right now with this franchise when the fact is black people both kids and adults do find favorites that they identify with and like on an individual level.
    100% the truth.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

The problem is thinking about black characters in such a generalities like that. The idea that any black character will do is why we're in the situation we're in right now with this franchise when the fact is black people both kids and adults do find favorites that they identify with and like on an individual level.
    Agreed, T'Challa is also one of the best black characters because he isn't a legacy character, side kick, or replacement.
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 10-31-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wouldn't call what San has gotten in the MCU impressive by any means... Not even close.
    What Sam Wilson has is what Cyborg has-USAGE that keep him in the public eye.

Very few times Sam Wilson has been left out of stuff in and outside of comics.

Be it 1985 Secret Wars figure to Mego figure or 90s Avengers and so on-we have seen Sam Wilson in something and being used.

In schools-we have seen him in Marvel promotional stuff and even kids books. He had a Little Golden Book before T'Challa and Miles. He had educational books before those two as well.

When CA Winter Solider came out-I met more folks WAY MORE interested in Falcon than Winter Soldier or even Cap America himself. And a lot of those folks do NOT read comics.

So kids know who he is. Even in that CA suit.

So while he does not have a billion dollar movie or Oscars-he has consistent usage.

The problem is thinking about black characters in such generalities like that. The idea that any black character will do is why we're in the situation we're in right now with this franchise when the fact is black people both kids and adults do find favorites that they identify with and like on an individual level.
    That's how children think, though. And that's who we're talking about. They aren't going to get into nuance and absolutely do think in general terms. So it's not a problem to say that kids really don't think as deeply about these issues as adults do. That's just a statement of fact.