Page 510 of 955 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 14314
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well Evan did go on and on about how he wants to write a Black Panther video game. But aside from that I’ve always said that gaming might be T’Challas last hope so if they get the right team and writers there might be light at the end of the tunnel.
    Evan Narcisse was the narrative consultant for "War of Wakanda" idk if him serving the same position would still be beneficial for T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    I tried to watch the trailer but could not. The first few seconds told me everything I need to know. And if the leaks are true and Namor or Atlantis get to flood Wakanda. Than face no consequence like the comics. Similar to the X-Men and Dr.Doom. I just dont want to go in that head space. Because I know alot readers were happy that Wakanda got flooded. Or make comments that can be debunk with a little reading outside of X-Men titles that take place in Wakanda.

So I an going to go support Duke Thamas, Cassandra Wayne, Yara-Floras and wait for the movie adaption of Bitter Root and Prince of Cats.
    Yesterday David F. Walker won his Eisner book award for Bitter Root
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-24-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, Spider-Man and GotG share features with the movies but they’re largely separate products from other adaptations. A Black Panther game would likely star T’Challa and only pull some of the aesthetics from the film. We’d get MCU inspired versions of Shuri and the Dora but everything else would be up to the creators. But if we get a BP game it’ll probably have Evan attached so I do expect lots of Coates/Ridley influence.

That said, I’m highly skeptical this is happening. There’s been rumors of a Doctor Strange game for a while and nothing came of it. Is the guy leaking this info a known reliable source?
    Funny thing but I would have no problem cribbing the MCU Dora for further adaptations. Cause at least the Dora there are actually likable. Like when the trailer showed images of Aneka in the Midnight Angels armor, I didn't have much of an issue with it because Aneka isn't a traitorous jerk like she is in the comics.

Also Shuri would probably be playable in the same the Arkham games and Insomniac Spider games have extra playable characters. Shuri's abilities fall into the same base as T'Challa himself like Peter and Miles, so she can largely play similar to him with some additions of her own.

This can also extend to other characters as the series does make heavy use of multiple variants of the hero character. Hunter could be playable, and its possible to make a prequel DLC campaign starring T'Chaka/Azzuri where they can do stuff like fighting and teaming up with Captain America.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Funny thing but I would have no problem cribbing the MCU Dora for further adaptations. Cause at least the Dora there are actually likable. Like when the trailer showed images of Aneka in the Midnight Angels armor, I didn't have much of an issue with it because Aneka isn't a traitorous jerk like she is in the comics.

Also Shuri would probably be playable in the same the Arkham games and Insomniac Spider games have extra playable characters. Shuri's abilities fall into the same base as T'Challa himself like Peter and Miles, so she can largely play similar to him with some additions of her own.

This can also extend to other characters as the series does make heavy use of multiple variants of the hero character. Hunter could be playable, and its possible to make a prequel DLC campaign starring T'Chaka/Azzuri where they can do stuff like fighting and teaming up with Captain America.
    MCU Dora are basically Hudlin’s Dora with more clothing lol. So really a hypothetical BP game would just be taking Hudlin’s depiction with the MCU appearance. The MCU will also probably give the Dora a better arc than the comics did. I don’t see MCU Wakanda suffering from a mass rape problem nor do I think an MCU adaptation of A nation under our feet would try to vaguely imply Wakandans are homophobic and the royal family needs to be stripped of power.

So the more movie inspiration a BP game takes from the movies the better, as far as the Dora are concerned. And you’re right Shuri will likely be playable to some degree. May even get her own spin-off game which would be great to see, especially if they do the Griot storyline. I could see them doing flashbacks with previous BPs for sections of the game but ideally I’d prefer the first BP game to limit playable characters to Shuri, Okoye, and an M’Baku DLC. We can save the exploration of past BPs for a sequel imo, it’s key they get T’Challa right and give him a distinctive flavor before developing previous mantle holders.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Evan Narcisse was the narrative consultant for "War of Wakanda" so him serving the same position would still be beneficial for T'Challa?

Yesterday David F. Walker won his Eisner book award for Bitter Root
    Yea I’m really happy for Walker. Bitter Root is one of the best comics I’ve read in years and I’m incredibly hype for the movie. Hopefully his stock increases a lot after this win and Marvel gives him the chance to do a BP comic the way he wanted to back in 2016. He’s one of the best and most successful black writers out there, he’d do wonders at Marvel on a bunch of properties.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    MCU Dora are basically Hudlin’s Dora with more clothing lol. So really a hypothetical BP game would just be taking Hudlin’s depiction with the MCU appearance. The MCU will also probably give the Dora a better arc than the comics did. I don’t see MCU Wakanda suffering from a mass rape problem nor do I think an MCU adaptation of A nation under our feet would try to vaguely imply Wakandans are homophobic and the royal family needs to be stripped of power.

So the more movie inspiration a BP game takes from the movies the better, as far as the Dora are concerned. And you’re right Shuri will likely be playable to some degree. May even get her own spin-off game which would be great to see, especially if they do the Griot storyline. I could see them doing flashbacks with previous BPs for sections of the game but ideally I’d prefer the first BP game to limit playable characters to Shuri, Okoye, and an M’Baku DLC. We can save the exploration of past BPs for a sequel imo, it’s key they get T’Challa right and give him a distinctive flavor before developing previous mantle holders.
    If they go the griot route with Shuri maybe they can take some inspiration from forspoken.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Evan Narcisse was the narrative consultant for "War of Wakanda" so him serving the same position would still be beneficial for T'Challa?
    His comments about the mantle moving beyond T'Challa aside, I can't deny that Rise turned out good with a few nitpicks for his first time writing comics and other than a few things WFW turned out well. Let's say that it's true and we get a BP game that stars T'Challa, #1 on the list of things that Narcisse or whoever is in charge of the story needs to do is not make Shuri a clone of MCU Shuri, let T'Challa's genius shine for once. And if it's true it'll probably be set in another universe and not the Avengers one, preferably the same as the Spider-Men games and Wolverine since the developers teased that they're building their own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    If it stars T'Challa and the sales are great, I think it will show Marvel how important he really is. Money talks, lol Id by 5 copies of the game.
    Given the reception of war for Wakanda, and how it increased dales and people were saying it should of been a standalone game. I think with the right team, it would be successful

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    His comments about the mantle moving beyond T'Challa aside, I can't deny that Rise turned out good with a few nitpicks for his first time writing comics and other than a few things WFW turned out well. Let's say that it's true and we get a BP game that stars T'Challa, #1 on the list of things that Narcisse or whoever is in charge of the story needs to do is not make Shuri a clone of MCU Shuri, let T'Challa's genius shine for once. And if it's true it'll probably be set in another universe and not the Avengers one, preferably the same as the Spider-Men games and Wolverine since the developers teased that they're building their own universe.
    Definitely set it in the same world as Spider-Man. If not then just make it a good stand alone universe in its own right. Get JCM III and recast Christopher Judge as M’Baku and we’ve got perfection.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Watched the trailer a few times last night and today.

Read the official synopsis.
    "Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba), fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of a hidden undersea nation, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livanalli."

Checked the upcoming toys. [No T’Challa]
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...akanda-forever

Cancelled my Disney+ Bundle.

Saying my farewell to you guys and the fandom for now.

For any of you that are enjoying this current direction, I’m glad that you’re able to feel that joy. I myself will have to be content with the concept of T’Challa the Black Panther, and the Uninterrupted Black Excellence of Wakanda.

“Eyangi (peace)”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Given the reception of war for Wakanda, and how it increased dales and people were saying it should of been a standalone game. I think with the right team, it would be successful
    If this game is real this could very well be the Hail Mary for T’Challa. And seriously there’s room for both T’Challa and Wakanda to thrive in the world of video games. Imagine a FPS game where you play as the HZ for example.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It should or at least be the game where you can switch between him and Shuri and who knows other Panthers.

Knowing our luck it will be Black Panther GTA-which would NOT be that bad of an idea..
    It should focus on Tchalla that's it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If it Follows in the same vein as war for Wakanda, but instead focuses on T'Challas on the fly genius that could be Badass. Also as long as it doesn't end with him no longer being king. Get Redjack for this.
    Now that I think about it, he did made T'Challa lose his throne in Black Panther's Quest to Bask and then Shuri obtain it later on. Regardless, I would not have an objection if he wrote that game since he actually respects the character in his writing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Definitely set it in the same world as Spider-Man. If not then just make it a good stand alone universe in its own right. Get JCM III and recast Christopher Judge as M’Baku and we’ve got perfection.
    Honestly, I wouldn’t want them to trade in nostalgia for the lead voice actor. Love JCM II but dude is almost 50 lol. We already had a T’Challa in the movies that was in his late 30s. I’d much prefer someone who could grow organically with the role, be used as a face model, and restore the feeling of a youngish T’Challa. Can Damson Idris voice act lol.

And personally I’d prefer a stand alone universe built just for BP with little crossover from other franchises. With the rumor that Insomniac could be doing a multiplayer X-Men game, the last thing I want is for a BP project in that universe is to feel forced to include Storm. Plus, I wouldn’t want the developers to feel constrained in any way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I really think Evan's comments, IIRC, were him hinting at his part in the then-unannounced Wakanda series with exploring the past Panthers.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

and see this is why we need the media to ask the tough questions

Feige just can spin Boseman's name to whatever narrative fits
    https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1551371655678681089