Page 516 of 955 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    We don't post her here lol
    She's severely unlikeable.

This forum is depressing lol
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 07-25-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    This forum is depressing lo

Possibility of a video game is good news. Also TChalla is on the cover of Avengers #61 so hopefully he’s in it.

This forum is depressing lo
    Well there isn't anything to get excited for anymore maybe if the game does star T'Challa this forum will get some much needed positivity or a miracle announcement that Ridley's BP will be ending soon and be replaced by a competent creative team.

I watched the trailer again and I found myself tearing up. Thing is, I was tearing up because of the sad loss of the actor although what was on screen was very emotional. I don’t know if I like blending a real world passing with a fictional story. It has to be dealt with but still. I’m not smart enough to say how things should’ve been handled. My gut says leave things vague in this film and recast the part down the road. In the movie world, events are naturally compressed. T’Challa took part in a handful events and now he’s gone? That doesn’t feel good to me. This will be tough to watch.

I think the best thing, I think someone earlier suggested something similar, would be to have had this film set, at least partially, in the period following the "snap" from Thanos. You could have Wakanda, and by extension the audience, mourn T'Challa and Chadwick, then have T'Challa live on, as he should by returning at the end, ready to face new adventures and challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    People are acting like Ryan Coogler is an evil man that pissed in their cereal and purposefully set out to s*** on their childhood dreams as young black boys or whatever.

Give him a fucking break. Unlike any of us he actually had the privilege of working with and being Chadwick Boseman's friend, and he died and Coogler didn't even see it coming. Imagine how he must feel when a bunch of randoms (yes, we are literally all randoms to this man) on the internet keep telling him how bad of a person he is for making a choice affected by deep grief. Imagine how he would feel if Marvel forced him to recast and act like it's business as usual.

This cast is still grieving. Danai Gurira did an interview yesterday at Comic Con and she can't even talk about Chadwick without bursting into tears. If they have decided to make a film as a love letter to their grief and to someone dear to them that they've lost, seriously who are we to tell them otherwise? I'm sorry but our fantasies take a back seat here. T'Challa is a fictional character that can be written for decades to come. Chadwick Boseman was a real person that has left this world. He is more important and I'm sorry if you don't like me saying that but it is true for right now.

They should recast. T'Challa does deserve a future on screen on way or the other. I think they will recast. But they're not doing right now. End of story.
    Just got here, but this comment is pretty much everything I was going to say, but better.

But the things they are doing in the comics are really crap, they should remember the reason Wakanda and any other concept related to it is a success because of T'Challa and that he is The Black Panther and not just a Black Panther.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 07-25-2022 at 06:37 PM.

This forum is depressing lol
    Well the reality is there isn't really anything to be cheerful or excited for as a Tchalla fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, I'm done. If you want to find me, look for me in the Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, or Clea threads.

This trailer looks great and I'm excited for this film. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this in theaters. I'm missing T'Chadwick, but this trailer was dope. Now I def want an extended trailer ASAP.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This trailer looks great and I'm excited for this film. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this in theaters. I'm missing T'Chadwick, but this trailer was dope. Now I def want an extended trailer ASAP.
    Agreed that's why it kinda upsets me at the same time because imagine Tchalla leading the charge vs Namor ��. With the improved visual and vfx compared to the first film.

This is one well made trailer and now I'm convinced I'll see the film

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Agreed that's why it kinda upsets me at the same time because imagine Tchalla leading the charge vs Namor ��. With the improved visual and vfx compared to the first film.

This is one well made trailer and now I'm convinced I'll see the film
    That would have been amazing! I'm def going to be seeing this when it comes out!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Woman King looks like a much better and more powerful film than this abomination of a sequel.
    I'm cool on the people who captured and sold my ancestors..

Astonishing Member

Going with the idea that T’Chaka is the Black Panther that dies and the player is using T’Challa, what bothers me is we’re getting another story where T’Challa doesn’t lose his dad as a kid. Lowkey that could be a further indication T’Challa is the lead character, since they’d be giving him his MCU origin. Idk how I feel about that, T’Challa’s childhood trauma is essential to framing his entire personality and worldview. Maybe they go the route of EMH or the Ultimate Avengers movie T’Challa and have the character keep his classic traits even if his dad dies when he’s older. But we know this is a character learning how to be BP so that probably won’t be the case.

Obviously I’m hopeful T’Challa gets a game and he’s done Justice but I don’t want a rehash of Civil War and the first BP film, I would’ve much preferred an original story featuring a more seasoned and interesting version of the character.

I would prefer they go the route where T'Chaka dies when T'Challa is a kid and whoever the villain of the game is kills S'Yan which kickstarts the plot of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A top-selling, award winning game would be a huge boon to cementing T’Challa’s relevance as an active player in the Marvel universe. I hope he’s used in the game. The fact this is even a question has already gotten a lot of people online mad from what I’ve seen, so hopefully there’s enough backlash that EA changes course if that was their plan. Gamers aren’t the same as regular movie goers, a blatant purging of T’Challa’s character from his franchise with zero real life circumstances to support it won’t go without massive criticism. And this is EA we’re talking about, people already don’t trust them with this IP.
    Exactly! And games take YEARS to develop so by the time it comes out we’ll be far enough removed from Chadwick’s death to where they can’t hide behind the excuse of “honoring” him and people will rightfully say they’re full of shit. People didn’t have a problem with T’Challa being the focus of the narrative in War for Wakanda even though that came out roughly a year after Chadwick’s death and the brief improvement of sales for the avengers game is proof of that so they shouldn’t have a problem with T’Challa being a narrative focus in a different medium. EA being involved is a red flag but I’ll remain cautiously optimistic because again, games are the one medium untouched by the MCU’s influence.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"