Page 119 of 955 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 14314

I don’t normally ever disrespect TChalla by bringing up other characters runs in this thread. But I’m going back and reading the old Backlash comic from Image. And I’m highly entertained by the first four issues. So much more action. Ridley’s not doing a bad job but there’s not much eye candy.

Backlash was one of my favorites back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It's not hard and I don't think Ridley's handled the arrangement poorly yet. We haven't seen the daggers and stuff yet because they aren't needed. Instead we've gotten well choreographed fights in the first and second issue and his strategic mind in issue 3 by implanting a spy in Krakoa.

Not every threat is gonna require a dagger or kinetic punch and that's ok. T'Challa is a martial artist supergenius who likes to keep things stealthy and small scale, 3 issues without a dagger isn't cause for alarm imo. Now if he goes up against a bigger threat and he's still JUST using the claws then that'd be a valid criticism.

And I agree that Ewing's recent use of the energy daggers/spears with the claws was cool. That's the kind of stuff he should be busting out against the likes of Hulk or Moses Magnum.
    It wasn't really a criticism of Ridley but just writers in general. So far he. Had gotten away with it but hopefully things start ramping up soon. We are in a weird limbo state, after the hell that was Coates era, we fans just wanted something that was good, didn't have to be ground breaking, just decent. I feel that's what we are getting, which then in turn drives us to want a GOOD run. Priest, Hudlin or Redjack Level quality.

That being said I wouldn't mind the anti metal claws being retired in favor of Ewings energy claws/ spear combo. Keeps the panther theme but gives his claws more flexibility and options available at his disposal
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-15-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Vibranium Man is coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I don’t normally ever disrespect TChalla by bringing up other characters runs in this thread. But I’m going back and reading the old Backlash comic from Image. And I’m highly entertained by the first four issues. So much more action. Ridley’s not doing a bad job but there’s not much eye candy.

Dude, I loved the type of relationship that he developed with Jackson King. A centuries older mentor, but still commanded that fear and respect. You could tell the impact he had on Battalion. To tie it to this thread, I think its a guide for how they should handle T'Challa and Tosin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

Backlash was Action no substance

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Vibranium Man is coming soon
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...of-tchalla/amp

So this T’Challa comes from the world of Destroyer Armor Killmonger. Meh, I’ll give it a shot.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Dude, I loved the type of relationship that he developed with Jackson King. A centuries older mentor, but still commanded that fear and respect. You could tell the impact he had on Battalion. To tie it to this thread, I think its a guide for how they should handle T'Challa and Tosin.

I liked Battalion too. And I liked how he used his powers. I would like to see that relationship between Tosin and TChalla. I want TChalla to be clearly shown as his superior though.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 02-16-2022 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Backlash was Action no substance
    That’s kind of how it was in the 90’s. But what great action right? Misting through bodies and exploding on people from the inside out. And then those psi whips creating all those visuals. But enough about him.....lol......

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

So this T’Challa comes from the world of Destroyer Armor Killmonger. Meh, I’ll give it a shot.
    I would rather see 616 T'Challa out him down along with Doom

Multiverse Doom, killmonger and t'challa are Aaron's work. Ridley is the one whose mainly responsible for 616 T'challa stories

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

Well the name is God awful but let's see if he turns out better than the other crappy T'Challa variants since most of them are unimpressive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Multiverse Doom, killmonger and t'challa are Aaron's work. Ridley is the one whose mainly responsible for 616 T'challa stories
    Yea this is actually the most interesting Avengers has sounded since the vampire arc lol. And I like to see BP rogues get used by writers outside the BP office. Aaron likes T’Challa well enough so I hope he has some equally interesting ideas for this AU Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea this is actually the most interesting Avengers has sounded since the vampire arc lol. And I like to see BP rogues get used by writers outside the BP office. Aaron likes T’Challa well enough so I hope he has some equally interesting ideas for this AU Killmonger.
    Hopefully since the aesthetic look of AU Kilmonger is horrendous

BLACK PANTHER #6

Betrayal! The reveal of T’Challa’s darkest secret has the Hatut Zeraze hunting him as a traitor, with orders to kill him on sight. He needs to escape them to clear his name, but are his skills really on par for the challenge? And are Wakanda’s secret police the only force T’Challa has to reckon with for his lies?

Typical dark secret timeline so far

Set up the Story
    Secret gets outed, characters goes on the run

then you have to set up why what the main character did was necessary and becomes "good" again. That is the hard part.

Then character "learns to trust people" or some shit lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Typical dark secret timeline so far

Set up the Story
    Secret gets outed, characters goes on the run

then you have to set up why what the main character did was necessary and becomes "good" again. That is the hard part.

Then character "learns to trust people" or some shit lol.
    Well I’m of the opinion that doing a familiar story is fine as long as the execution is good. And I’ve liked Ridleys run so far so its a wait and see for me.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"