Page 152 of 955 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It's comic books.

Depicting fights as cool AF is like 50% of the job
    I forget who it was (Stan? Roy Thomas?) who described superhero comics as "soap operas where fights replace the love scenes".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I forget who it was (Stan? Roy Thomas?) who described superhero comics as "soap operas where fights replace the love scenes".
    I like to look at it as behind the scenes pro wrestling
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    After reading the issue I think it was fine, like the last 3. It’s a perfectly serviceable ongoing and I’m enjoying the ride for the most part. Ridley’s handle on T’Challa’s voice is consistent and I actually really enjoyed the whole confrontation with Omolola in terms of character. T’Challa was definitely overreacting somewhat but it just goes to show how much he’s hurting.

Jhai gave everything, including his life, for T’Challa/Wakanda and the most T’Challa can do to repay him is beat up his girlfriend after he’s already dead lol. I think it builds on the ideas Ridley touched on in issues 2 and 3 of T’Challa feeling guilt for having to make the choices he does while still remaining focused. And what’s worse is T’Challa isn’t shouldering that burden by himself, he’s asking others to make that same sacrifice and they clearly aren’t able to handle it the way he is.

The mutant stuff was whatever. Outside the moment with Gentle, it served no purpose for this arc. I think Ridley’s just gonna do what Priest did and keep T’Challa out of a permanent relationship while having him be close to his main love interest, in this case Storm. I expect she’ll pop in and out this run both as an ally and as a rival, we’ll see how long that lasts when the X-line becomes more cohesive and Storm is doing her own thing on Mars. I could see Folasade being the new love interest tho, I don’t think she’s as villainous as the story suggests.

The mystery is the second weakest part of this story. T’Challa has trained most of the Dora Milaje personally and would obviously play a huge role in training his personal spies. How can he not identify a fighting style that shares over 90% of its DNA with fighting styles from his own culture? And even then, his first reaction in issue 2 should’ve been surprise that someone cut his suit, which should’ve then led to him realizing maybe they’re using vibranium or were Wakandan. That didn’t make sense at all and it doesn’t give me hope for future reveals.

I agree that it’s most likely Hunter working with the Prime Minister to get T’Challa out the way so they can consolidate power. That could work, but like MOS said there needs to be a betrayal or twist in there. Though looking at what Ridley’s done with the mystery so far, I’m fully prepared for an OC villain who gets a collective “meh” from the audience.
    told you vita x of sword issue didn't mean tchalla and ororo were broken up.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    told you vita x of sword issue didn't mean tchalla and ororo were broken up.
    Yeah... It's a damn shame it wasn't. All it's doing that they are still together is allowing for more bullisht likes Vitas 3rd tier isn't book to put more disrespect on T'Challa. So that, coupled with whatever fall out Ridley has between the two is just going to isn't on T'Challa more and make him look bad, despite Storm being the one who torpedoed the marriage in the first place and has been the instigator of the drama

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    They call Pro Wrestling soap opera’s for men too.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    They call Pro Wrestling soap opera’s for men too.
    Ha, good one. Very good one, considering pro wrestling and superhero stories both involve colorful, distinctive costumes and dramatic personas.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ha, good one. Very good one, considering pro wrestling and superhero stories both involve colorful, distinctive costumes and dramatic personas.
    Heel turns and vice-versa. Bombast and over the top moves. Skin tight outfits and crazy dialog. What was the 80's Thing series wrestling federation called? I actually thought that was kinda cool.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Heel turns and vice-versa. Bombast and over the top moves. Skin tight outfits and crazy dialog. What was the 80's Thing series wrestling federation called? I actually thought that was kinda cool.
    Unlimited Wrestling Federation.

People need to also remember that the person who's name is on the title takes precedence over anyone and EVERYONE, and EVERYONE on the book, established or OCs, should be there to uplift the title character in some capacity, not take away from them

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Why was BP movie cursed wtf
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Hollywood being a hotbed of weirdos? Say it ain’t so. There’s probably a bunch of people at Disney doing much worse than hooking up with their cringy “spiritual advisor.” Hell there’s probably worse people on the set of the movie lol. The article says Kaluuya’s working on Wakanda Forever.

That said, I don’t think W’Kabi will be getting all that much to do in either the movies or the comics. Kaluuya got wasted in that role and it seems like the only Wakandan male getting major shine in the film will be M’Baku. W’Kabi will likely sacrifice himself to conclude his mini arc from the first film or be redeemed and somehow play a secondary role in a D+ show.

As for the comics, I fully expect him to stay dead with Zuri as writers have Okoye take his role as “second in command”. W’Kabi has no niche in the franchise anymore and until he does he’ll continue getting sidelined, even M’Baku is getting pushed more as T’Challa’s close friend.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why was BP movie cursed wtf
    He filmed the movie Nope around the same time.

Im willing to bet he was killed off early in the movie anyway. Only one black male, M'Baku, is enough for the BP franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    He filmed the movie Nope around the same time.

Im willing to bet he was killed off early in the movie anyway. Only one black male, M'Baku, is enough for the BP franchise.
    There’s no real point to keeping W’Kabi around, you could kill him off in the beginning to hype up the threat. People would be more mad Kaluuya is gone than the fact MCU W’Kabi’s bitch ass is dead lol. Okoye occupies the general role, he’s not needed in that capacity and there are several other Dora Milaje that can play the secondary commander role (AKA the Midnight Angels).

With T’Challa dead there can’t be a proper reconciliation between the two so all you really have is the whole “raising my dead friend’s son” trope, which I imagine is the story they’ll give to M’Baku. Who has a much more dynamic/important relationship with T’Challa and is already far more popular. If I were Kaluuya I’d be pushing them to kill W’Kabi off so I could pull a Gemma Chan and get recast in a better role.

Now maybe I’m 100% wrong and Coogler has some plan to revitalize W’Kabi’s place in the franchise but I strongly doubt that’ll happen with all the other things the sequel has to address.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There’s no real point to keeping W’Kabi around, you could kill him off in the beginning to hype up the threat. People would be more mad Kaluuya is gone than the fact MCU W’Kabi’s bitch ass is dead lol. Okoye occupies the general role, he’s not needed in that capacity and there are several other Dora Milaje that can play the secondary commander role (AKA the Midnight Angels).

With T’Challa dead there can’t be a proper reconciliation between the two so all you really have is the whole “raising my dead friend’s son” trope, which I imagine is the story they’ll give to M’Baku. Who has a much more dynamic/important relationship with T’Challa and is already far more popular. If I were Kaluuya I’d be pushing them to kill W’Kabi off so I could pull a Gemma Chan and get recast in a better role.

Now maybe I’m 100% wrong and Coogler has some plan to revitalize W’Kabi’s place in the franchise but I strongly doubt that’ll happen with all the other things the sequel has to address.
    I do agree he might be pushing for a better role. So probably best to kill him off.

A redemption arc with T'Challa would have been good, but yea its a waste now. Thing about Chan was she was an alien before. So Kaluuya would have to be an alien or mutant to still be another character. Unless they make him multiverse Achebe in part 3 hahaha