Page 204 of 955 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ok, now you're completely missing the point. I didn't disagree with you on his genius. I said the narrative.
    It shouldn't change the narrative. If anything, him losing his father at a young at should of drove him to adopt a Isolationist stance. Adult T'Challa losing his father should still be progressive, the narrative should not have changed no matter WHEN T'Chaka died. His core traits won't change based on the age of his father dying

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    What is it called
    Okoye to the People: A Black Panther Novel

They made sure to throw in the name black panther for sale but since I have zero intention of buying it just wanted to know if black panther was actually in it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

They made sure to throw in the name black panther for sale but since I have zero intention of buying it just wanted to know if black panther was actually in it at all

If they have that much faith in Okoye they shouldn’t put anything Black Panther related in the title. It shows they know who the real star is and they’re trying to profit off that. Call it Okoye’s book and something related to the Dora or Wakanda. Leave TChalla out of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    If they have that much faith in Okoye they shouldn’t put anything Black Panther related in the title. It shows they know who the real star is and they’re trying to profit off that. Call it Okoye’s book and something related to the Dora or Wakanda. Leave TChalla out of it.
    A preview of the book is on Amazon.

This book is a prequel-T'Chaka is Panther and T'Challa is still training. Ayo is in this as well.

The store takes place in America.

Ultimate Member

To be fair sometimes that is done to make sure the book is with other Black Panther related material on shelves together. Shuri's novels are the same way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah...

BP is my favorite character. MCU BP isn't quite comic BP. But I loved that movie and loved T'chadwick and some of the things they did change were for the better (and some werent).

Thor is my second fav character. MCU Thor isn't comic Thor. Still love MCU Thor and the Thor movies.

Different mediums, different adaptations. Comic fans should be used ot things being modified constantly.
    Heh.

Watching/reading comics fans who should really know better NOT deal with this fact probably remains one of the more entertaining things about this place. But I may be getting meaner in my old age.

Gonna be interesting to see what they due to MK. Just based off littles snippets... they may do MK better than comic moon knight. But, then again, his "origin" is easy-ish... MK is harder making his crazy interesting run after run.
    It looks like they are using the short lived mid to late 80's Fist Of Konshu run as well as whatever they can lift from the Warren Ellis run.

The MCU doesn't like fiddling with stuff like Peak Human so I guess it's no surprise that they are going to go with the Fist version that had outright super strength and stamina and the Warren Ellis version that outright says the Moon God is a real thing that is powering MK up (and might be driving him nuts by accident).

Ultimate Member

Different mediumss, different adaptations. Comic fans should be used to things being modified constantly.
    Yet as we seen in the various levels of toxic behavior they have not.

Especially when it comes to US.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A preview of the book is on Amazon.

This book is a prequel-T'Chaka is Panther and T'Challa is still training. Ayo is in this as well.

The store takes place in America.
    America????

Synopsis for those interested

In this young adult novel by best-selling novelist Ibi Zoboi, Okoye is going on her first trip to America with King T’Chaka, who has been tasked with joining other African leaders as a special envoy to the World Humanitarian Aid Council. But when Okoye arrives in New York, she realizes the city—and her mission—are not what she expects. Thrown into conflict in Brownsville, a neighborhood struggling with gentrification, Okoye must find her place in the Dora Milaje, and the world.

Bought the dumbest synopsis I've read.

"thrown into conflict"... shes a bodyguard...... I mean....

sigh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm so confused. I know these people don't care or read anything about BlackPanther before being handed this property with free reign but was TChaka ever known for doing much globe trotting outside of the time he was killed?

Wakanda was supposed to be a hidden secret place right?

I guess nothing matters anymore though

I'm so confused. I know these people don't care or read anything about BlackPanther before being handed this property with free reign but was TChaka ever known for doing much globe trotting outside of the time he was killed?

Nope, he remained in Wakanda until some writers reveals otherwise or Marvel puts out a T'Chaka prequel mini. Pre Hudlin Wakanda was originally hidden and wasn't known to the public until T'Challa became a hero. Under Hudlin they were known since colonization but how well known seemed to vary between then and T'Challa's reign. Of course then Rise came along and returned it to being completely hidden but known to a very select few.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I mean... How old is Okoye in this? Because I am assuming she is probably about the same age as T'Challa... Maybe it's a typo and it's supposed to be King T'Challa? If not this is so... Dumb lol

People go out of their way to remove T'challa

T'chaka means as little to the BP lore as Uncle Ben and Bruce Waynes parents for godsake.

He exists to die for T'challa's story. That is all.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter bc no one is reading this novel lol.

But like... if you wanted to explore gentrification and NYC and whatever modern american issue with a black female... why not just use a black american female character lol? Why not Misty? Why not Monica? Hell, why not Ironheart if you wanna use someone "hot" right now?

There is no interation of Okoye that would give a flying hoot about american city politics. NONE. Priest version... no. Post resurrection... no. MCU... no. She only exists to follow the code of the Doras... that is all. That is her defining trait. She is loyal to the rules of Wakanda royalty to the bitter end.

So why take a square peg and smash it into a round hole? Why not just use the square pegs for bast sake?