Page 207 of 955 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I mean, then again, what is there to gain sticking Nakia in a Nigerian? trafficking ring lol? Why does Wakanda give a hoot about that?
    Wakanda didn't care, but Nakia did.

Ultimate Member

I mean, then again, what is there to gain sticking Nakia in a Nigerian? trafficking ring lol? Why does Wakanda give a hoot about that?
    Coolger saw it work in the comic book and went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    A N'Jobu/young Killmonger/Klaue prequel series >>>>>>>> Dora TV show

Would rather see what happens when a Wakandan becomes radicalized in America and how he gets in business with Klaue.
    Yeah a Dora TV show doesn't make any sense unless it takes place in Wakanda. Which I dunno maybe you could set on in between BP 1 and IW and how Wakanda opening up and the outreach center comes under threat. But anything else just doesn't make any logical sense and it would be expensive to recreate Wakanda all the time

Amazing Member

Speaking of D+, the way they are treating Phase 4 you can tell the approach is different.

They got Khonshu walking around and resurrecting MK from the dead. Makes me think Bast will show up in the Future.

The properties are more Comic-booky and less real world now.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Wakanda Welcomes You.
    @wakandawelcomes
    Ruth Carter costume designer of the 2018 film & the upcoming 2022 film #BlackPanther: Wakanda Forever speaks with Deadline Hollywood. She was nominated for her costume work on the film Coming 2 America & she also was a presenter for the Best Costume category at the 2022 #Oscars.
    https://twitter.com/wakandawelcomes/...98282456223757

Cant say anything about the movie, but other than a wonderful tribute to Chad.

Would rather see what happens when a Wakandan becomes radicalized in America and how he gets in business with Klaue.
    Easily.

Because the Doras aren't really interesting lol. They are cool but they aren't interesting.

They are bad ass, all female, bodyguards to the King. That's cool. Other than seeing their training... there is no story there.

And that's ok! You can have characters who are just cool! You need characters that are just cool.

Not every single character has to have something deep about them. This is especially true of black characters. You can have all types! they don't all have to be social justice fight for the cause and such. Some of them can just, you know, kick ass lol.

At least with the War Dogs, you can tell espionage, tense, action thriller like stories. You can' teven do that with the doras. They literally exist to just beat people up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Easily.

Because the Doras aren't really interesting lol. They are cool but they aren't interesting.

They are bad ass, all female, bodyguards to the King. That's cool. Other than seeing their training... there is no story there.

And that's ok! You can have characters who are just cool! You need characters that are just cool.

Not every single character has to have something deep about them. This is especially true of black characters. You can have all types! they don't all have to be social justice fight for the cause and such. Some of them can just, you know, kick ass lol.

At least with the War Dogs, you can tell espionage, tense, action thriller like stories. You can' teven do that with the doras. They literally exist to just beat people up.
    Yeah but no one seems to be looking at the logistics of the roles the characters play. Having a Dora show makes no sense unless they use them like in falcon and WS. Which ISN'T their role. They are bodyguards, they won't go out like they did in the D+ show because that's the job of the war dogs. But people think "Kick ass Doras!?! Let's dedicate an entire series to them even though the depth of these characters has already been explained and showed in the movie."

Even showing their training to become a Dora is only so interesting because at the end of the day, they're job is to protect the Royal family and Black panther. Nothing more, nothing less.

This never even crossed my mind but I'm 100% behind it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/03/31...ariant-covers/

This May, Marvel Comics honors Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with variant covers highlighting some of its most prominent Asian and AAPI characters! The AAPI Heritage Variant Covers will be drawn by acclaimed artist Dike Ruan, known for his incredible work on Shang-Chi, and colored by artist Neeraj Menon.
    BP #6 will feature Ms Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Think it's just a variant cover unless Kamala some how ends up in Wakanda to help him fight the Hatute Zeraze. Unless Ridley gives them some kind of upgrade I don't know what's stopping T'Challa from handling them like he did under Priest.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 03-31-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Think it's just a variant cover unless Kamala some how ends up in Wakanda to help him fight the Hatute Zeraze. Unless Ridley gives them some kind of upgrade I don't know what's stopping T'Challa from handling them like he did under Priest.
    The same reason he is struggling with the current assassin's and was tagged by Omolola twice... Ridley is not doing a great job of high stakes so he has lowered T'Challa down to the threat level rather than raising it up. It's better than Coates but that's not exactly a hard thing to do. I feel like half the main posters here could come up with something better with higher stakes

Its been a while gents.

Been busy in the personal life. But I just read BP issue 4.

I really enjoyed it but I need longer fight scenes. Juan Cabal is so good at his figure work I want them to really come through with it.

I liked the fight at the end. The dialogue was OK. I dig how Cabal draws TChalla.

Honestly TChalla should've known storm would be privy. He let his guard down a bit there. TChalla seems a little paranoid but it works in the context of the story imo

Ultimate Member

Easily.

Well when all you hire are those writers who ONLY want to tell those stories no matter how out of place they are-you keep getting them.

How many times did we see a black person in say Superman and it was NOT a racism story? Even the first arc of Steel's book was gang wars.

Or Static-funny how fast his origin got changed. From going after his bully to having a Will Smith moment for a woman that was not his.

How can you do a Dora series without the KING? Unless he is always suited up and not talking. Unless it's SHE in that suit.

Are we that desperate to sniff black girl power??? When that is being done with Riri & Moon Girl. And you could have given that show to say Misty, Monica, Wildtstreak, Silhouette or try Nightshade.

It's Very simple. The black writers who would actually elevate T'Challa and his world (Redjack, Priest) are either uninterested or aren't getting the call from Marvel despite having successful cartoon and massive positive fan reception. The ones left either aren't comic writer's, and are the fake woke types who end up telling extremely racist or stereotypical stories that do nothing to uplift or elevate black characters, it actually actively regresses them.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"