Page 229 of 955 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 14314
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Team books and guest appearances usually take the character down ot their most basic level. They aren't trying to do "new stuff" with the character, they just take their basic traits.

So for BP, you get the king, doesn't talk much, confident, vib suit as his "base"

And since this solo has been stuck in "trying to be deep" mode... it comes off as better and refreshing in his team ups.

Other characters, like say Thor, this results in the opposite because all you get is "hammer, lightning, rush to fight, mead" type characteristics. Dumbing him down makes him worse, not better.

And then someone like Cap... it results in better showings because they lean into "leader, never give up" type characteristics.

so it kind ajust depends
    Nah man, it not the talking that makes a character great but what the character does, his actions....and BP has been doing PLENTY on the Avengers and other non-BP books that goes beyond what u claim is "basics" but rather true and authentic character portrayal.

I mean, my goodness....BP does has done more than even Cap Rogers.

"Basics" is semi-wallpaper who gets 2 panels of dialogue or one or two 1 liners and spends the rest of the story appearing in the background in splash page fights. But BP has been treated faaaar better than that.....he leads, we see his cunning and master planner, we see him doing feats, we see him solving problems and being actually meaningfully contributive to the plot and story. That is NOT just "basics".

By calling Avengers/ Ultimates Tchalla "basics" then you are heavily implying that Coates/Ridley Tchalla is superior enhanced in depth improved better Tchalla....which we ALL KNOW is a lie.

If Avengers/ Ultimates Tchalla stood in-front of Coates/ Ridley Tchalla....Coates/ Ridley Tchalla would curl up on the floor, crying and wetting himself in terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nice to see T’Challa standing up for himself. Really dug issue 5, spoilers:
    we all agree at this point that the prime minister is the one who looks to be responsible for what’s going on right? She sure was quick to take control of the secret police and the Black Panther gear.
    end of spoilers

As far as the prime minister

spoilers:

I don’t really think her confiscating the suit is a big deal. He barely uses it. And I find Omolola to be really annoying. She is one of the most disrespectful students I’ve ever seen. She was taught by TChalla. Usually there is some reverence from the student when they speak to the teacher, she has none of that. This is a guy who has beaten Cap in hand to hand, and she frequently acts like she can end him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

By calling Avengers/ Ultimates Tchalla "basics" then you are heavily implying that Coates/Ridley Tchalla is superior enhanced in depth improved better Tchalla....which we ALL KNOW is a lie.

If Avengers/ Ultimates Tchalla stood in-front of Coates/ Ridley Tchalla....Coates/ Ridley Tchalla would curl up on the floor, crying and wetting himself in terror.

Co-signed. Absolutely nothing but truth here.

Coates panther would have hung his head and went to prison

Just saying lol

Book aint great but this is leagues beyond coatsverse
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Only complaint this issue is that he is spending too much unnecessary time on Side characters. Omolola and Shuri particularly with the latter explaining science things to her older smarter brother and the former belittling and threatening the greatest warrior and mind the nation has ever produced.

Otherwise a slightly above average issue that should have been #3. I need so much more from his T'Challa other than roughing up security guards and seeming lost and confused about everything from how wakandan communications work to what Wakandan based fighting styles look like. I get that this is supposed to be a mystery but the title character who is of Reed Richards and Dr Doom level intellect has solved zero percent of it 6 issues in.
    Well said and I agree.

As much as I have heavily disliked Ridley's BP #1-4....I admit that this issue #5 showed... some improvement. But this should have occurr d in #3.

I am NOT holding up hope that things will improve from here, let's wait and see if Ridley will improve on the good that he has done in this issue BP #5.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Coates panther would have hung his head and went to prison

Just saying lol

Book aint great but this is leagues beyond coatsverse
    I wouldn't see "leagues beyond coatesverse" just because of 1 fairly good issue out of 5.

Mighty Member

I honestly do not get the logic or authority the PM has over the BP suit. It's does NOT belong to the Wakandan people, it belongs to the BP clan where Tchalla is clan leader therefore the BP suit belongs to him.

So, any theories about "spoilers:
    Killswitch
    end of spoilers"?

It appears to be something important, which will Change Everything™.

Niffleheim

"Luke"...?

What's wrong with him being Tchalla?
    Because we'll never see Emperor T'Challa and what's wrong with Emperor Luke Charles?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I wouldn't see "leagues beyond coatesverse" just because of 1 fairly good issue out of 5.
    I'll agree Ridley is better than Coates.

Doesn't automatically make the book -good-, though. I'd put this at no higher than a C+.

Incredible Member

Ridley BP so far B+ when it's over he will be equal to Priest

Should we call this arc Black Panther: Enemy of the State Part III?

Because that's what I'm getting after reading this issue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Lol that's exactly what it is

Incredible Member

The way Ridley is writing Jhai. It makes it seems like he was tchalla boyfriend lol….. Is it just me ?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Maybe, yeah. That said, if T'Challa needs allies on the outside that aren't either the Avengers or the X-Men (or even the Fantastic Four, in whose book he first debuted --- and beat the living hell out of them), this could be a good avenue to reintroduce Hunter/White Wolf and Kevin "Kasper" Cole/White Tiger of the Panther Cult. However, I'm inclined to agree with the theory that Hunter is the secret mastermind behind all this, so that'd end up as a good avenue for (yet) another double-cross.
    The spider is always on the hunt.