Page 244 of 955 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Man I just don’t know with this franchise anymore tbh. It’s like I just want to up and leave it behind since I know the movie is going to have a detrimental impact on T’Challa but at the same time I feel that if I don’t keep supporting the recast movement then no one else is going to fight for this character. And I wouldn’t be feeling this way if Marvel wasn’t so obsessed with synergy.

For me BP is probably the only reason I still read comics. I’m still in for a few more years. He’ll always be my favorite. I’m staying on the recast TChalla movement until he’s recasted. When I’m done with Black Panther that’s when I’m done with comics. I believe by the time BP 3 rolls around he will be recasted. I’m not as invested as I used to be, but like I said I’m still in for a little longer. I kind of wish I was a Panther fan when I was still fanatical about comics. It took me a while to read his stuff.

Man I just don’t know with this franchise anymore tbh. It’s like I just want to up and leave it behind since I know the movie is going to have a detrimental impact on T’Challa but at the same time I feel that if I don’t keep supporting the recast movement then no one else is going to fight for this character. And I wouldn’t be feeling this way if Marvel wasn’t so obsessed with synergy.
    Yeah, honestly I was the MCU was like a silver timeline to the comics, similar to the Halo TV series. I mean, sure bring over some aesthetic design's from the MCU, but trying to push for the removal of T'Challa in the comics if he is killed off in the MCU is so incredibly stupid and all it does is chase a finicky general audience who likely doesn't care too much about the comics side at all, and may dip in to see what's going on then ultimately leave.

It's the comic fans who actually keep the runs afloat but they seem to get back burner status so marvel can chase after the others. Which i feel could be done by other means like D+ and merchandise.

Anyone who would have said in 2018 that come 2022 I would be ambivalent/ wanting the BP sequel to fail based on the BS they are pulling I would of laughed in their face

What BS are they pulling, exactly? Not moving heaven and Earth to make sure the Black Panther stays male? Chadwick died. When monarchs die, their siblings inherit their titles...predicting that Marvel will remove T'Challa from the books doesn't even make sense. Did Stark and Rogers get removed from comics after Endgame? Why on Earth would you wish for a film franchise that means so much to people, to Black people especially, to fail?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, what I would have preferred for Wakanda would have been a “Yoruba style monarchy”.

Yes there’s a king but he doesn’t have absolute power because he’s accountable to the high chiefs (Ijama). The king (Oba) also performs as the chief priest of his people which is already in line with BPs depiction. Even if they don’t want to keep Wakanda as an absolute monarchy whatever it changed to should have been built on traditional African structure and philosophy.

The idea of importing western style democracy and treating as ideal in a successful, never been colonized African kingdom is wrong on many, many levels that I don’t want to go into right now. Coates really, really screwed up with that and frankly he deserved the criticism he got for that.
    This is the system we already had. T'Challa was a warrior-shaman king and the Tribal Council was a strong check on his authority as an advisory and administrative body. Nothing was wrong with the Wakandan government. They just got their asses beat by Doom, Namor, and the Black Order back to back so Coates had them torch the entire system like the previous 10,000 years didn't happen. Like T'Challa hadn't been a rather competent leader for roughly a decade prior.

The point of the democracy is exactly like Marvel2100 said a few pages back, decentralize the narrative to shift the focus to more side characters and factions that writers can inject with OCs. And its weird because they could've done that without a democracy but I guess it's easier this way and more in line with the virtue signaling Marvel loves to do with the franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    For me BP is probably the only reason I still read comics. I’m still in for a few more years. He’ll always be my favorite. I’m staying on the recast TChalla movement until he’s recasted. When I’m done with Black Panther that’s when I’m done with comics. I believe by the time BP 3 rolls around he will be recasted. I’m not as invested as I used to be, but like I said I’m still in for a little longer. I kind of wish I was a Panther fan when I was still fanatical about comics. It took me a while to read his stuff.
    T'Challa's one of only a handful of comic characters I care enough about to post about. But if he were removed for a few years I'd probably shift focus to another franchise because I won't support anyone else in the mantle in anything other than an AU.

That being said, I've found that removing yourself from the Big 2 is the move anyway. Loads of great black characters and franchises that don't have Disney's synergy and incompetence hanging over their heads that are owned by black people. Ownership is by far the most important thing in the entertainment world and it's nice to see that Black Panther showed that black-led sci-fi and fantasy can be a thing. Hopefully we see more of it from a more diverse range of companies.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    What BS are they pulling, exactly? Not moving heaven and Earth to make sure the Black Panther stays male? Chadwick died. When monarchs die, their siblings inherit their titles...predicting that Marvel will remove T'Challa from the books doesn't even make sense. Did Stark and Rogers get removed from comics after Endgame? Why on Earth would you wish for a film franchise that means so much to people, to Black people especially, to fail?
    Just because an actor dies doesn’t mean the character has to die with them (oh hi dumbledore and Spartacus). This is why you don’t tie characters to their actors which by the way is something Chadwick believed in. “I want them to see the role and not me.”

And the sexism accusations are beyond tired. Everyone who regularly posts here has no problem with Shuri being the Black Panther. What we are against is the mindset of killing off T’Challa being the only way to elevate her especially when the source material proves we can have both of them being BP at the same time. Lastly you don’t find it a little bit morbid that Marvel might use a Black man’s real life passing as a plot device in their fictional universe? Especially when the man’s own brother said that T’Challa has to live on in the MCU and believes he would’ve wanted the same?

Sorry but I’m not about to help Marvel profit off a man’s death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post

Chadwick passed away, not TChalla. That’s not a good reason for her to inherit the mantle. One is real life, the other is fiction.

And the sexism accusations are beyond tired.
    They could put M'baku, W'kabi, Kasper, some made up character, Bucky, Namor, Ross, and any other male in that habit and on the throne and I still ain't going if it isn't T'challa.

I said I wasn't going the instant they said they weren't recasting. Well before Letitia went nuts nad well before the leaks started about what they were doing.

Hell, M'baku is my second favorite MCU Wakandan character and I wanted more of him in the movies but if he put on the panther habit i'd puke in my mouth.

the sexism crap is lazy as hell.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T'Challa's one of only a handful of comic characters I care enough about to post about. But if he were removed for a few years I'd probably shift focus to another franchise because I won't support anyone else in the mantle in anything other than an AU.
    Yup.

I don't like "the franchise." I like T'challa.

Aint no different than any other character really.

I mean, random character, but Flash Thompson Venom was cool as hell. Loved me some Agent Venom. Even space knight Flash Venom was tolerable. When the symbiote went back to Eddie... I was done lol. I ain't go no loyalty to the "venom franchise." I was there for Flash Venom.

I like Logan... doesn't mean I have to like Laura. I like Thor... doesn't mean I have to like JaneThor (I did but still lol). Peter Parker fans don't have to like Miles or Kaine or whoever.

Why is it always T'challa fans that HAVE to accept everything Black Panther related?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yup.

I don't like "the franchise." I like T'challa.

Aint no different than any other character really.

I mean, random character, but Flash Thompson Venom was cool as hell. Loved me some Agent Venom. Even space knight Flash Venom was tolerable. When the symbiote went back to Eddie... I was done lol. I ain't go no loyalty to the "venom franchise." I was there for Flash Venom.

I like Logan... doesn't mean I have to like Laura. I like Thor... doesn't mean I have to like JaneThor (I did but still lol). Peter Parker fans don't have to like Miles or Kaine or whoever.

Why is it always T'challa fans that HAVE to accept everything Black Panther related?
    Because the belief from both Marvel and certain folks in this thread is that as long as any ole black person is in the suit we should have no standards. We’re the only fan base expected to give a damn about redshirts after all.

You’d think people would call out the inherent anti-blackness in that line of thinking but the way it’s packaged you’d think people were crazy for preferring T’Challa be at the center of his own franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Because the belief from both Marvel and certain folks in this thread is that as long as any ole black person is in the suit we should have no standards. We’re the only fan base expected to give a damn about redshirts after all.

You’d think people would call out the inherent anti-blackness in that line of thinking but the way it’s packaged you’d think people were crazy for preferring T’Challa be at the center of his own franchise.
    Again. This kind of BS never happens to White characters. NEVER.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I don't understand rolling up into a character's appreciation thread and asking why we aren't cool with them getting rid of the character we've been in here appreciating. I 100% have apathy for wakanda forever because i'm a T'challa fan, not a Black Mantle fan
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 04-20-2022 at 09:06 AM.

It's always the folks that don't see T'challa as a CHARACTER , that want to dictate his direction the most.

What we expected to happen in the new Avengers issue happened because of what's happening in the solo. Ridley is going to have to step up his game now. Avengers was the only book delivering on good T'Challa content while Ridley's T'Challa has underwhelmed so far in showings.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 04-20-2022 at 09:37 AM.

It's probably Bast that's been blocking Jason Aaron from writing the solo. She knows where that road leads too.