Page 248 of 955 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348748 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 14314

When this stuff comes to fruition

Yall "stop being paranoid!" People need to apologize lol

At the very least, we are now down to one book with tchalla AND wont likely even have cameo appearances now.

This isnt good no matter how you spin it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Us: nothing good can come of this

Them: stop being so negative. Give it time

*time is given and the bad things happen*

Us: :/

Them: *disappears*

In another timeline we’re 5 issues into Redjacks BP solo and it’s beautiful

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

At the very least, we are now down to one book with tchalla AND wont likely even have cameo appearances now.

I’d be fine with one book if the one book was great and not slightly below average. You can’t have the rest of the Marvel lineup capitulate to what’s going on in your story then have the story be trash lol, you’ve wasted everyone’s time and cut off other avenues for people to enjoy the character.

Ridley’s run hasn’t been terrible but a lot of the elements he’s set up could either lead to a great story that adds to T’Challa or ends up killing the character. That’s such a huge range so I get the worries lol.

Come on MoS, we all know the people saying that won't apologize, they will vanish like they always do, because they aren't actually saying what and see, they are saying shut up and stop talking about it.

Well, there is that other avengers book, whatever it's called that has T'Challa in it. Hopefully it goes awhile and T'Challa gets something out of it.

Incredible Member

I'm excited and skeptical at the same time..
    Because Doomwar fooled me..

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’d be fine with one book if the one book was great and not slightly below average. You can’t have the rest of the Marvel lineup capitulate to what’s going on in your story then have the story be trash lol, you’ve wasted everyone’s time and cut off other avenues for people to enjoy the character.

Ridley’s run hasn’t been terrible but a lot of the elements he’s set up could either lead to a great story that adds to T’Challa or ends up killing the character. That’s such a huge range so I get the worries lol.
    For what it’s worth, his Jace Batman run didn’t really start clicking into place until the move to NYC which happened after the first arc. So he’s someone who takes time to warm up. I do recognize that BP needs a writer who will come in swinging off the bat though, not many people will wait around to see if a book “gets good” or not.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For what it’s worth, his Jace Batman run didn’t really start clicking into place until the move to NYC which happened after the first arc. So he’s someone who takes time to warm up. I do recognize that BP needs a writer who will come in swinging off the bat though, not many people will wait around to see if a book “gets good” or not.
    Tchalla doesn't have that luxury the writer has to come out swinging..
    I like Ridleys run so far but yeah

All the more reason Redjack should of long since gotten his shot at the Solo, especially after seeing his pitch and ESPECIALLY after his KiB one shot...

I mean, Ridley is not nearly as bad but this logic was used for Coates run for 5 years lol

I still remember...

"The interview isn't that bad..."

"Ok, its issue 4, T'challa is angry after his mom got blown up, its gonna get good"

"Ok, shuri is back and she told the MA to F off, its gonna get good"

"Ok, first season is done with, T'chalal is fighting monsters, its gonna get back on track"

"Ok, he's in space with Acuna. He's beating up goons with authority. It's gonna get be passsable"

"Alright, we are back on earth with all the black heroes, this can still be a little cooll... right?"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Us: nothing good can come of this

Them: stop being so negative. Give it time

*time is given and the bad things happen*

Us: :/

Them: *disappears*

In another timeline we’re 5 issues into Redjacks BP solo and it’s beautiful
    Bruh

In another time line, RJ took over the book before CW, CW blows up, comic sales are good, MCU BP blows the hell up, Feige had any forsight at all and makes T'chalal more prominent in IW/EG and he gets to beat up Black Dwarf like we shoulda saw in the comics, BP2 is ready to go and its T'challa vs Namor, Redjack is 40 issues in and GOAT'd, Star-Challa is getting ready for season 1 on D+

Life is good. Life is fun.

The worst part about all of this is that we were so close man.... so close

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I'm excited and skeptical at the same time..
    Because Doomwar fooled me..
    lol Doom War?

AvX where Wakanda was used to give P5 Namor and Wanda a feat and BP and Wakanda got nothing??

TRO where Wakanda was obliterated off panel? Literally lol. And T'chalal didn't even get to kill or get revenge?

Secret Empire where Wakanda got taken over by... Freaking Faustus telepathy?

only Ewing in that plant invasion event (empyre or something?) ahd T'challa looking like a boss.

Event + Black Panther = Wakanda messed up really good while others take credit

Bruh

In another time line, RJ took over the book before CW, CW blows up, comic sales are good, MCU BP blows the hell up, Feige had any forsight at all and makes T'chalal more prominent in IW/EG and he gets to beat up Black Dwarf like we shoulda saw in the comics, BP2 is ready to go and its T'challa vs Namor, Redjack is 40 issues in and GOAT'd, Star-Challa is getting ready for season 1 on D+

*crys into my pillow*

Bruh

Alt timeline, T'Challa survives the snap, AND gets that sweet ass feat we were shown were hulk charges his suit and he one shots the leviathan. Redjacks vibing, T'Challa is leading the Avengers with purpose, Chad is alive and well...

Your right, we were so close... And now? We are AT BEST, 5 years out from that, IF Marvel decides to Recast for BP3. If not? Likely a decade atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    All the more reason Redjack should of long since gotten his shot at the Solo, especially after seeing his pitch and ESPECIALLY after his KiB one shot...
    Not to mention what he’s doing over at DC right now. John Stewart is a literal GOD now, and Redjack is about to knock it out of the park with Blood Syndicate. Just makes me even angrier Marvel passed him up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I mean, Ridley is not nearly as bad but this logic was used for Coates run for 5 years lol

I still remember...

"The interview isn't that bad..."

"Ok, its issue 4, T'challa is angry after his mom got blown up, its gonna get good"

"Ok, shuri is back and she told the MA to F off, its gonna get good"

"Ok, first season is done with, T'chalal is fighting monsters, its gonna get back on track"

"Ok, he's in space with Acuna. He's beating up goons with authority. It's gonna get be passsable"

"Alright, we are back on earth with all the black heroes, this can still be a little cooll... right?"
    I get it, felt the same way about Coates. I guess part of why I’m giving Ridley slack is that he has already written some comics that I’ve loved, like the Black Lightning issue of The Other History of the DCU, or the first issue setting up Jace’s status quo in NYC, which convince me that he does have legit talent whereas none of Coates fiction work won me over. But Redjack would’ve been my first choice after King in Black as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/