Page 253 of 955 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 14314
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa is the center of gravity of the BP franchise, he’s the only Wakandan that can reliably sell. You throw him in a cosmic-centric BP title that shows he doesn’t need Wakanda to be successful the only thing Marvel will do is find a way to shoehorn Shuri, the Dora Milaje, and Omo into the story so they can take his shine.

That’s why T’Challa is stuck in the endless cycle of losing his throne and killing Wakandan men, it’s the only way Marvel can keep injecting OCs and failed spin-off characters into the franchise at such a high rate. Marvel wants to position him as the lead of ensemble, much harder to do that if you lean into the Kirby/Priest era idea of T’Challa as a true globetrotting superhero bringing Wakanda to the world. Characters like Shuri, the Dora, and Tosin have zero viability right now without being attached to T’Challa’s hip and Marvel knows this.
    There are 6 Shuri novels on Amazon that showcase Shuri by herself and not attached to her brother. Books endorsed by schools. So its not like she is invisible.

Speaking of Amazon...

Black Panther by John Ridley Vol. 2: Range Wars (Black Panther, 2) Paperback – November 8, 2022

COLLECTING: Black Panther (2021) 6-10

Mighty Marvel Masterworks: The Black Panther Vol. 1: The Claws of the Panther (Mighty Marvel Masterworks: the Black Panther, 1)
    by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby | Oct 4, 2022

Marvel's Black Panther - Script To Page by Marvel | Oct 4, 2022

Marvel Black Panther - I'm Ready to Read with Black Panther Interactive Read-Along Sound Book - Great for Early Readers - PI Kids
    by PI Kids and Caravan Studios | Jul 5, 2022

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther: War for Wakanda Expansion: Art of the Hidden K ingdom
    by Matthew Pellett | Jun 28, 2022

Interesting by it's absence is the novelization of Black Panther 2.

Let alone any LEGO playsets like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bro, we aren't going to get T'CHalla: Black Panther and King of Wakanda anytime soon.

Right now we have the Captain America of Wakanda being told that he is outdated and no longer needed.

How can the gov't of Wakanda strip the Black Panther clan of it's leader and ceremonial garb? Because Marvel said it's okay.

Every move of T'Challa is being questioned right now. Why? Because Marvel said it's okay.

T'Challa's genius, strategy and fighting skills have taken a step back. Why? Because Marvel said it's okay.

Wakanda is no longer a unique nation. Why? You get it.

Cut ties. Let T'Challa go off on his own for awhile. Leave Wakanda and have a life somewhere else. Then after a few years when Wakanda has become a corrupt, ineffective nation because they don't have their rightful king on the throne. He can return to save his nation from itself and restore balance to the Force.
    This is the sad cold truth unfortunately

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There are 6 Shuri novels on Amazon that showcase Shuri by herself and not attached to her brother. Books endorsed by schools. So its not like she is invisible.

Speaking of Amazon...

Black Panther by John Ridley Vol. 2: Range Wars (Black Panther, 2) Paperback – November 8, 2022

COLLECTING: Black Panther (2021) 6-10

Mighty Marvel Masterworks: The Black Panther Vol. 1: The Claws of the Panther (Mighty Marvel Masterworks: the Black Panther, 1)
    by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby | Oct 4, 2022

Marvel's Black Panther - Script To Page by Marvel | Oct 4, 2022

Marvel Black Panther - I'm Ready to Read with Black Panther Interactive Read-Along Sound Book - Great for Early Readers - PI Kids
    by PI Kids and Caravan Studios | Jul 5, 2022

Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther: War for Wakanda Expansion: Art of the Hidden K ingdom
    by Matthew Pellett | Jun 28, 2022

Interesting by it's absence is the novelization of Black Panther 2.

Let alone any LEGO playsets like the others.
    I’m not talking out of continuity kids books. Shuri can thrive as a Scholastic character in the same way Moon Girl and Ms. Marvel can, there’s no denying that. But anchoring a franchise in the main universe is not something she or any Wakandan can do, we’ve seen this time and time again.

Hence why trying to segregate T’Challa from his own kingdom won’t fix anything. Eventually Marvel will try to bring in those kinds of characters because he’s the only viable Wakandan at the moment. Maybe the MCU changes that but at the end of the day T’Challa shouldn’t have to be written out of his own franchise to be well written. In fact, we saw that it doesn’t even always work. Coates tried to do that in the early phases of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda story and the book was still shit. The issue isn’t Wakanda or T’Challa, it’s creators determined to undermine the latter so the other to be validated and used as a vehicle for supporting characters that can be fast tracked to the MCU while making crappy political statements.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-21-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m not talking out of continuity kids books. Shuri can thrive as a Scholastic character in the same way Moon Girl and Ms. Marvel can, there’s no denying that. But anchoring a franchise in the main universe is not something she or any Wakandan can do, we’ve seen this time and time again.

Hence why trying to segregate T’Challa from his own kingdom won’t fix anything. Eventually Marvel will try to bring in those kinds of characters because he’s the only viable Wakandan at the moment. Maybe the MCU changes that but at the end of the day T’Challa shouldn’t have to be written out of his own franchise to be well written. In fact, we saw that it doesn’t even always work. Coates tried to do that in the early phases of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda story and the book was still shit. The issue isn’t Wakanda or T’Challa, it’s creators determined to undermine the latter so the other to be validated and used as a vehicle for supporting characters that can be fast tracked to the MCU while making crappy political statements.
    This here. Hells kitchen is another example, of that. Yes liss took a bad premise and made it work, but it wasn't super successful.

Thing is, Wakanda is most interesting when T'Challa is the one forcing it out into the world to help. All this "Wakanda needs a voice for the people" is dumb, this is fiction, a world wear gods punched out aliens and the like. Wakanda doesn't need all that, we the reader's don't care about the average citizen, they don't matter and they shouldn't m all this political mouthpiece characters do is drag reality into escapism but in the worst ways.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't think there's one positive thing to discuss rn or look forward to

If T'challa's in a fighting game and is done well and fully realized, that could sustain me for months

And if they need a consultant, they should go to Ewing or Thorne.

Keep narcisse away from T'challa
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 04-22-2022 at 01:57 AM.

wait T'Challa is off the Avengers what happened?
    The J-man

I don't think there's one positive thing to discuss rn or look forward to
    If anyone is positive about the franchise right on, I want whatever drugs they have please.

I mean, at best right now, Ridley might crank it up a notch and give us 4 issues of "good" but we already know the end of this dumb thing is more of the same so, that's tainted no matter how hard he goes the next 4 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait T'Challa is off the Avengers what happened?

That is literally it man. One panel. He was talking to NIghthawk and then next panel he's gone.

Can't even leave with a bang.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If anyone is positive about the franchise right on, I want whatever drugs they have please.
    The best thing I can say right now is that I still have my Priest omnibuses (omnibi?).

In the words of Alan Moore:

Apparently, someone asked Raymond Chandler once what he thought of Hollywood ruining all of his books. And he took them into his study and pointed up to the shelf where they all were, and he said, “Look, they’re there. They’re fine. They’re okay.” That’s the attitude I have to take.
    (The quote was actually by a guy named James M. Cain, but I'm quoting Moore verbatim)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I say at this point have him fly up into space to rule IGEW full time and become a full on cosmic character since Marvel wants everything on earth to be about Wakanda.

See I completely love this idea . They already turn Storm into cosmic character ,
    Both get major shine, leave all the earthly pettyness behind and be the royal comic couple.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 04-22-2022 at 07:08 AM. Reason: this isn't the Storm Thread

I would love to see Shuri be Queen of Wakanda again and would love to see her deal with a newly resurrected T'Shan a rival for the throne who conspirers against her as much as he does TChalla.

And Tchalla should be with IGEW with Hunter They both get clean slate to start again.

But the issue with this idea is I'm sure Marvel would not hesitate to put Shuri Wakanda at war with TChalla Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Shuri Wakanda at war with TChalla Wakanda.
    Good.

The Wakanda's can destroy each ohter and we can be rid of the problem lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Good.

The Wakanda's can destroy each ohter and we can be rid of the problem lol
    Nah, knowing marvel they would have Shuri kill T'Challa and blow up IGEW to show how Badass she is.

We really just need a writer who comes in and razes Wakanda. Since Wakanda goes to a democracy, and T'Challa pushed out, a new threat arrives and starts giving hell to Wakanda. The Wakandan democracy is bogged down as the different bodies fight over then eat course of action, meanwhile the people nare dying and begging the government to do something they are lost.

Meanwhile T'Challa is chilling doing his globetrotting, and gets a call that Wakanda is going to shit. He says "Damn that sucks. Im not King anymore I can't do anything" and keeps on living life. Things get worse for Wakanda, they are at a loss, villages keeps falling more and more displaced villagers are fleeing to the cities. They are all undersiege things are looking bleak. Then all of a sudden, they hear chatter of the invading force getting wrecked. "A lone enemy is routing our forces, it moves like a great cat but stands like a man. A truly frightening thing to behold"

The people are hopeful, the Wakandan militarys morale soars, they fight back harder than ever. Folasade looks out with Shuri, seeing this one man change the tide of the battle

"You know that's T'Challas doing right? The people are fighting so hard because they believe in him"

Folasade responds "But he is just one man, how can one man hold so much power?"

"How?" Scoffs Shuri "He is the most dangerous man alive, chosen by Bast, to be HER Black Panther, protector of Wakanda, a King among Kings, one of the most brilliant minds of our time, the greatest Black Panther to ever exist. He holds that much power because he is the only one with the wisdom and ability to wield it."

The enemy is defeated and the people of Wakanda salute him, chanting "All hail the King! T'Challa forever!"

Then don't do another uprising story for atleast (never) 15+ years
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-22-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We really just need a writer who comes in and razes Wakanda. Since Wakanda goes to a democracy, and T'Challa pushed out, a new threat arrives and starts giving hell to Wakanda. The Wakandan democracy is bogged down as the different bodies fight over then eat course of action, meanwhile the people nare dying and begging the government to do something they are lost.

All of this right, except once TChalla gets word of this threat; being a man of the people. TChalla intervenes and single-handedly defeats the threat. Then in gratitude the council and its people bestow control of a Wakanda back over to TChalla. Now I don’t know where you go with the story after that, but that’s what I’d like to see.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 04-22-2022 at 10:09 AM.