Page 264 of 955 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If Marvel follows DC's route then people will watch the first teaser for Wakanda Forever tomorrow. We obviously wont see it but should get reports.

Curious if they start off with T'Challa's funeral.

They better bring it cause you know the Avatar 2 footage is going to look great tomorrow. And the Aquaman 2 footage supposedly kilt it as well.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom footage showed Black Manta leading what looks like an army. He's at the helm of some big ship and Arthur needs Orm to help him defeat him. So their relationship is key. Also, lots of new ships and robots and stuff. James Wan is having fun.
    #AquamanAndTheLostKingdom footage looks awesome. Bigger than first film with new characters and locations. Seems like Black Manta has been (maybe) taken over by this dark energy and his new ship looks very cool. Can’t believe we have to wait till March of next year to see it.
    James Wan just dropped a new featurette for #AquamanAndTheLostKingdom, which looked rad. Aquaman & King Orm must work together to take down a Black Manta who has evolved & is way more dangerous than before. Jason Momoa says it’ll be the biggest film of 2023.
    Got damn shame we cant have a T'Challa led BP movie.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Oh I’m not even trying to criticize Coates here, I just wanna know what Shadow Physics actually is. I disagree that his T’Challa was less of a pushover than Ridley’s though.
    It sounds impressive.

Literally, that's basically it:

So what does it do? It's a fancy tracker and turned all the world's vibranium "inert" (until the MU needed vibranium again, anyway).

The universal teleporter in Ewing's Ultimates #1 sounded similar to the "nowhere room", not shadow physics, but was not labeled as such.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So I wonder if somr of the issues comes sadly from T'challa being a king. A lot of younger people seem to hate monarchy and he and Namur are the only two who represents them. Wouldn't be surprised at some point if they have T'challa go and abolish the whole kig role and have a prime minister voted in.

Side note, Sonic was number 1 and just became number 2 at the box office, and that is no small part to Elba having fun with his role.

Honestly, the reason for yhe push for Wakanda over Black Panther, I think, might be coming from the same place as the idea that there is a push to not have a chosen one narrative. People seem to enjoy the idea that anyone can be a hero and not someone from a line of secession. So that might be the thought process. Anyone can be BP. Anyone can be Thor, anyone can be Captain Marvel or Captain America, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea the Gentle thing actually sticks out even more because it’s the only unambiguously positive interaction T’Challa has had with another character. Shuri is upset she’s only now realizing she’s from a family of benevolent dictators lol (despite being one herself at some point), Omo is mad she didn’t pick a different line of work, Akili turned on T’Challa the second the suspicion turned on him, Folasade is a power hungry bureaucrat, Storm is a political rival T’Challa’s spying on, etc.

Gentle’s the one person T’Challa actually confided in and it was after they put on a show in enemy territory to solidify his status as a spy. I don’t even like that character and I think it’s one of the strongest scenes showing T’Challa as a beloved king and a mastermind. It was completely undercut by Storm realizing something was up the next issue. We can’t fully appreciate T’Challa’s spy program if all it takes is his ex-wife creeping around to find out about his sleeper agents.

Yea, these power levels aren’t doing it for me but I do appreciate we’re seeing T’Challa as a martial artist again. Black Panther’s bread and butter is top tier martial arts. The gadgets, the mysticism, etc. all come after T’Challa being one of the top 5 warriors in the Marvel Universe. Been that way since forever and it’d be a damn shame if that was forgotten in favor of purple energy blasts. But if Ridley wants to focus on hand to hand combat, we need more dynamic scenes, I’m not sure Cabal can do that. And the politics of this aren’t good, but I’ll be honest and say I hate the democracy and nothing will make me like stories about it. So I agree on that front.
    What set this on the wrong foot is 3 thing's:

OCs no one gives two ishts about taking precedence and panel time over actual established character and trying to create an emotional attachment.

High risk low stakes, the Killswitch maybe. More but to start we had nothing that lead us to believe Wakanda finding out about the spy program even being a big deal, it should of been common knowledge and only an idiot would that that the centuries ahead of the rest of the world Wakanda would NOT have spies all over, especially with the world slowly catching up.

Slow pacing has been a killer. Issue one is fine how it was, issues 2 & 3 should of been combined, after his 1 on 1 he should of known the fighting Style a d had Shuri analyzer l the fabric itself to confirm his suspicion. Issue 5 should of been issue 4 and issue 5 should of had T'Challa knowing who the mastermind is and already prepping his plan to take him down

Ther are other things as well such as the disrespect, and the power scaling, but those 3 above are the most glaring, and if they were fixed, it would be easier to overlook the other stuff (except power scaling. That ishts annoying and they should obe MUCH stronger

Minor Moon Knight spoiler

spoilers:
    The Ancestral Plane is mentioned in the latest episode by the goddess Taweret
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Dont get me wrong. Dude is mad toxic. However, he outlined perfectly why Feige is the one pushing Shuri (even if he didn't say it). Thats his ego.
    They is are not "toxic" They are racist and sexist. They only want white male leads and will say and do anything to get it Never listen to anything they say. T'challa will be back in the MCU in Black Panther 3. No need to cry and beg racist and sexist to help you. Let people enjoy Black women. it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So I wonder if somr of the issues comes sadly from T'challa being a king. A lot of younger people seem to hate monarchy and he and Namur are the only two who represents them. Wouldn't be surprised at some point if they have T'challa go and abolish the whole kig role and have a prime minister voted in.

Side note, Sonic was number 1 and just became number 2 at the box office, and that is no small part to Elba having fun with his role.

Honestly, the reason for yhe push for Wakanda over Black Panther, I think, might be coming from the same place as the idea that there is a push to not have a chosen one narrative. People seem to enjoy the idea that anyone can be a hero and not someone from a line of secession. So that might be the thought process. Anyone can be BP. Anyone can be Thor, anyone can be Captain Marvel or Captain America, etc.
    And yet Aquaman and Wonder Woman are both royalty and no one seems to have a problem with them.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    They is are not "toxic" They are racist and sexist. They only want white male leads and will say and do anything to get it Never listen to anything they say. T'challa will be back in the MCU in Black Panther 3. No need to cry and beg racist and sexist to help you. Let people enjoy Black women. it's not that hard.
    It's a hope not a guarantee that T'Challa Will be back. And people do enjoy Black women, just not at the expense of Black men. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    The problem with "Enjoying black women" is that it's being done at the expense of the one black hero male that is top tier, while not being a sidekick hero. Furthermore, T'Challa just got here. It's trifling to see his role and standing just given to inferior characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And yet Aquaman and Wonder Woman are both royalty and no one seems to have a problem with them.
    Fandom will strike at the very foundation of the planet if Doom is anything but the sole leader of his country when he comes to the screen. Best believe. Nobody will have a problem with it either.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Fandom will strike at the very foundation of the planet if Doom is anything but the sole leader of his country when he comes to the screen. Best believe. Nobody will have a problem with it either.
    Exactly. White characters can be allowed to rule their fantasy kingdoms without question but as soon as Black folks get their fantasy kingdom then everyone is all of a sudden concerned about “being realistic” and “down with the monarchy”? Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Apparently, they showed some footage of WF at Cinemacon

And there it is

Erik Davis
    @ErikDavis
    Disney is showing almost 70 minutes of footage from the upcoming slate. The #BlackPantherWakandaForever footage included a great shot of Nakia, Shuri & Okoye all on the front line of what looked like a major battle approaching. Kevin Feige on stage now! Marvel up first

The erasure of black men in the Black Panther franchise.

Rebecca Rubin
    @rebeccaarubin
    Marvel's Kevin Feige says director Ryan Coogler is currently hard at work on #BlackPantherWakandaForever
    #CinemaCon