Page 285 of 955 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385785 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That only happens if the movie falls way below expectations money wise.

If they do what DS2 and NWH did money wise, you will never see T'challa again. Ever.
    I have no shame in admitting I'm definitely one of many hoping this new movie just lays a big fat egg! Then I feel Marvel will be at a place where they know they f-ed up and just can't go forward with their no T'Challa agenda. This movie need to have the diametrically opposite type of impact the first one had.

That only happens if the movie falls way below expectations money wise.

If they do what DS2 and NWH did money wise, you will never see T'challa again. Ever.
    I'm going to say my predictions are that WF is not even going to be CLOSE to what BP made, it DEFINITELY won't do NWH Numbers, as that could only of been done with Chadwick and it ain't going to do DS 2 Numbers. They are banking too heavily on people watching to see how they honor Chad which may have initial views, but the staying power is going to drop off because "Honoring" an actor by killing off a fictional hero who existed for over 55 years and shifting focus to the supporting cast rarely ever pans out and is very successful. There's a massive hole B that's felt through out the movie. Hell freeman has been saying that since day one. They are trying to hype up a MASSIVE mistake

Incredible Member

Variant stuff will not happen Tchalla is gone in The MCU .

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    False. There was another vision in What If. So there’s no excuse to why there can’t be another T’Challa.
    end of spoilers

Not to mention Nate Moore specifically said the T’Challa from MCU 616 is toast. He could’ve simply said “you won’t see T’Challa period” but for some reason he was very specific with his words. Let’s not completely give in to fatalism just yet.
    Yall giving a lot of cred to the TV shows that Marvel seems to not really be following at the moment. I'm not sure their plan is all that solid in this phase.

Astonishing Member

I still haven't quite given up on Ridley but... yeah. All of this.

Sad state of affairs to be honest.
    Ridley is telling a Coates story with the trappings of Priest. It’s a superhero spy thriller with a T’Challa who seemingly has more of a backbone than the previous volumes. But T’Challa is also rather dumb throughout this story and it’s clear the emphasis is on cementing the idea of Wakanda being more than BP, AKA Wakanda doesn’t need T’Challa and he actively creates more problems than he solves. Simply put, Ridley is a more polished version of Coates.

Marvel saw them sales during the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and knows they can’t tell stories with that same tone/direction if they want T’Challa to stay above 20k every month. That doesn’t mean there still isn’t a desire at editorial to make T’Challa “problematic” and have him be a side character in his own book. And for whatever reason, Ridley’s pacing is still the second worst BP writer when it comes to pacing so there’s definitely been a seemingly permanent shift in the way BP stories are being told.

If Marvel wanted to fix the lack of interest and mediocre sales on BP they would’ve thrown Ewing a bag and had him handle the solo. They would’ve asked Aaron, who is obviously a fan and has the pedigree, to do it. They won’t because there’s a very specific profile of writer and direction they want the franchise to go in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Audience reception can also play a part in them possibly trying to course correct. Look at what happened with Star Wars.
    You mean the fans that lost their mind over an Asian girl and still hate for Finn??? That second movie was nothing more than an apology to Dudebros who would NOT accept one of the leads being a black guy.

Astonishing Member

I just realized T'challa recognized the fighting style of an Eternal (an eternal hiding his fighting style at that!) in those panels

But didn't recognize Wakandan fighting styles in his own book

Black Panther writers are afraid of/being ordered to make T’Challa less competent so their OCs and pet characters can come in to save the day. And it seems that Ridley is padding out his story because he wants it to be some 12 issue saga along the lines of A Nation Under Our Feet. I expect a massive sales drop soon unless he does something to spice things up.

There’s zero logic in T’Challa requiring his sister and a whole recreation of a fight sequence to identify Wakandan martial arts. It’s been established for decades the man trains his own elite soldiers, including the likes of the Dora and Shuri herself. It’s only happening so Shuri can be relevant for synergy’s sake and the story can be stretched out. Literally no other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Variant stuff will not happen Tchalla is gone in The MCU .

Which is not a fact.

Ultimate Member

That had nothing to do with fans bitching though.

It made 700 million LESS than the Force Awakens.

It was a business decision.

That movie would have to KILL opening weekend. Because there are theaters that will yank it after opening weekend.
    Get Out was suppose to be taken out of some theaters (including mine) after opening weekend. It was a hit and suddenly OTHER movies got yanked.

This movie is coming out 11/11/2022. Two weeks before Thanksgiving-a week where kids are OUT of school.

And guess what comes out 11/22-Disney's Strange New World with a biracial black boy lead and Creed 3.

Disney set that film up tp have PLENTY of excuses if it underperforms.

Strange World is going to eat some of BP's box office as will Creed.

Strange World will have TOYS and merchandise. It's Disney.

If SW or Shazam 2 does not get them....

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ridley is telling a Coates story with the trappings of Priest. It’s a superhero spy thriller with a T’Challa who seemingly has more of a backbone than the previous volumes. But T’Challa is also rather dumb throughout this story and it’s clear the emphasis is on cementing the idea of Wakanda being more than BP, AKA Wakanda doesn’t need T’Challa and he actively creates more problems than he solves. Simply put, Ridley is a more polished version of Coates.

Marvel saw them sales during the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and knows they can’t tell stories with that same tone/direction if they want T’Challa to stay above 20k every month. That doesn’t mean there still isn’t a desire at editorial to make T’Challa “problematic” and have him be a side character in his own book. And for whatever reason, Ridley’s pacing is still the second worst BP writer when it comes to pacing so there’s definitely been a seemingly permanent shift in the way BP stories are being told.

If Marvel wanted to fix the lack of interest and mediocre sales on BP they would’ve thrown Ewing a bag and had him handle the solo. They would’ve asked Aaron, who is obviously a fan and has the pedigree, to do it. They won’t because there’s a very specific profile of writer and direction they want the franchise to go in.
    It'm doesn't make sense because none of this stuff is selling m so why continue on the same failed direction? No one cares about the OCs of Wakanda. They have no personality to speak up and they only serve to detract from T'Challa

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It'm doesn't make sense because none of this stuff is selling m so why continue on the same failed direction? No one cares about the OCs of Wakanda. They have no personality to speak up and they only serve to detract from T'Challa
    It’s selling fine for now I guess. But sales are already much worse than what they were when Coates first started and as we’ve seen time and time again a movie isn’t gonna bump sales on a title people are feeling lukewarm/negative about.

There’s no hype for this book outside of those who have a shit about Coates’ run and despite whatever hype this book may get on Twitter that’s not many people going off sales and the current discourse in actual comic circles. I expect once this arc is over (especially if T’Challa is permanently exiled/dies/goes to space again) that sales will fall off.

That could be another reason why they’re keeping Storm around, the only way I see regular comic readers being genuinely excited about what Ridley is doing is if he does something with the X-Men/Krakoa like that rumored Azari storyline or a war. But even that wouldn’t generate much interest since the X-books have lost a lot of steam commercially since HOX/POX and there’s a good chance the X-Office might not play ball at all, making the whole thing moot. Ridley to me is on thin ice but maybe he turns the title around and does something interesting rather than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall giving a lot of cred to the TV shows that Marvel seems to not really be following at the moment. I'm not sure their plan is all that solid in this phase.
    Raimi didnt even watch WandaVision lol

MCU is stretched way thin right now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I know someone here smarter than me can work this out. However, how are they going to do Kang and Secret Wars?

I saw Doc Strange. I don’t think this one will clean up at the box office. I could be wrong, but it probably won’t do big numbers.

Extraordinary Member

Sam Raimi Hasn’t Finished WandaVision (Despite Making Doctor Strange 2)
    Sam Raimi hasn't seen all of WandaVision, but he studied key moments that would directly affect Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Sam Raimi admitted that although they studied WandaVision in preparation for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, he has not watched the whole show. Instead, he explained they looked at key moments from the miniseries because they were told they would directly affect the Doctor Strange sequel. The director said they focused on "a proper through line and character-growth dynamic" from the show. Read Raimi's full quote below:
    "I'm not really sure what the WandaVision schedule was or how it changed. I just know that halfway, or maybe three-quarters of the way into our writing process, I'd first heard of this show they were doing and that we would have to follow it. Therefore, we had to really study what WandaVision was doing, so we could have a proper through line and character-growth dynamic. I never even saw all of WandaVision; I've just seen key moments of some episodes that I was told directly impact our storyline."

Since Raimi admits to studying Wanda's character arc, it seems certain that the Scarlet Witch will play a big role in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, but the director gives no hint what that may be. It is rumored that the Scarlet Witch will be a villain in the upcoming film, but with the multiverse involved there could be multiple Wanda variants who fill different roles. The Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness story could go in a plethora of directions, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...atch-response/