Page 286 of 955 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 14314
    Extraordinary Member

10 Things You Miss In The MCU By Only Watching The Movies
    The interconnected nature of the MCU means fans who only watch the movies are missing out on a lot of important moments from the different TV series.
    To read more go here
    https://www.cbr.com/mcu-movies-things-missed-tv-series/

So what's the consensus on DS2? I am hearing mixed results

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Most critics like doctor strange 2(75%),so that's still great score.That's 4 stars out of 5 going by that.The average rating 6.50/10,so that's 3 and half stars on average out of 5.That is very good but not great. Most of the audience liked doctor strange 2(88%).
    The average rating from them 4.4 out 5.
    That's almost 4 and half stars out of 5. But it is one the least liked mcu movie.

B+ cinemascore but it was still rated really high from the audience looking at the rt score.
    There is reason for that type of cinemascore and i will post some info on that below.
    A B+ cinemascore is not bad,more so if it is a horror type film.

This came before the movie below.
    Original AnalysisWhat do you guys think CinemaScore will be for DS:MoM now that critics are staying it's has lot of Horror? Usually Horror Movies recieve lower Cinema Score. I am still Thinking it will be A-.What do you guys think? (self.boxoffice)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...e_will_be_for/

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS Gets A B+ CinemaScore
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness got off to a strong start at the box office, but Sam Raimi's sequel doesn't seem to be polling too well with audiences, as the film received a B+ CinemaScore.
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness may have gotten off to a strong start at the box office (both in The US and overseas), but Sam Raimi's mind-bending sequel doesn't seem to be polling as high with audiences as previous MCU movies.
    The Master of the Mystic Arts' second solo outing received a B+ CinemaScore, and while that may not sound too bad, this is only the third time an MCU film has scored lower than an A. Eternals was given a franchise low B, but everything else has been graded A- and above since Thor's B+ in 2011.
    CinemaScores don't necessarily mean a whole lot since they only poll a small amount of moviegoers leaving the theater on opening night, but it will be interesting to see if In The Multiverse of Madness continues to perform well over the next week or so. The reviews have been (mostly) positive (you'll find our verdict here), although its Rotten Tomatoes score has now dipped to 76%.
    In Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the MCU unlocks the Multiverse and pushes its boundaries further than ever before. Journey into the unknown with Doctor Strange, who, with the help of mystical allies both old and new, traverses the mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities of the Multiverse to confront a mysterious new adversary.
    https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor_st...3629#gs.ztm5i3

‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Receives B+ CinemaScore
    While Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has left quite the impression to draw in a crowd at the box office, we now also finally know what CinemaScore the film has received from audiences. Eternals surprised people back during its release when it received Marvel Studios’ worst Audience Score with a B, which might very likely be connected to its very different storytelling approach and even something like the inclusion of a sex scene that sometimes rubs general audiences the wrong way. Now, Multiverse of Madness has received its rating and now stands at a B+.
    the score is the same that Fantastic Beasts: the Secrets of Dumbledore received as well as The Lost City. Even The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent and Uncharted were given a B+ rating from audiences. 2022’s Scream also got a B+ rating earlier this year and given Multiverse of Madness’ horror roots, it wouldn’t be too surprising that it played a key role in how the general audience reacted to the film. While some believe B+ or even a B rating signals “bad quality,” it’s more a reflection of elements in that film potentially catching audiences off-guard.
    So far, it seems Morbius was one of the few films to actually get hit with the lowest CinemaScore, as it received a C+. The original 2011 Thor was for some time given the “worst” Marvel Cinematic Universe rating with B+ before Eternals release in theaters. Still, the film seems to be pulling in quite a few people into theaters and it’s horror roots may potentially also give it an extra boost, as even with lower CinemaScores they have pretty strong legs at the box office.
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/do...b-cinemascore/

CinemaScore
    What the score means
    quote-
    The company's founder, Ed Mintz, once said that "A's generally are good, B's generally are shaky, and C's are terrible. D's and F's, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it." This is a good rule of thumb, but it's important to note that it also depends on genre. In summer 2019, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a box-office success while Men in Black: International disappointed. Both had received a B grade.

quote-
    Horror movies, by contrast, score lower on average. The Conjuring, which scored an A- in 2013, was the very first horror movie to score better than a B+ average. B's are generally good for horror movies, while C's are generally shaky. A variety of reasons have been put forward as to why this is. The most common view is that horror fans have divided expectations: some will get disappointed if a horror film doesn't have enough gore or overt scares, while others prefer tropes like Nothing Is Scarier.

quote-
    Other types of film that are prone to scoring badly are Le Film Artistique and others that are meant to be unsettling or highly experimental. A bad score can also be a sign of Misaimed Marketing or a film that did not live up to audience expectations in some way. The latter may explain why Punch-Drunk Love and Uncut Gems got relatively poor scores (D+ and C+ respectively). Both starred Adam Sandler, so they may have attracted viewers expecting comedies.

Last edited by mace11; 05-09-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Sam Raimi Hasn’t Finished WandaVision (Despite Making Doctor Strange 2)

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...atch-response/
    WV was like what... 5 hours long? Some o fthose episodes were under 30 mins. I've "studied" longer for biology tests lol.

Study = "this is what someone connected to Feige told me"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    how are they going to do Kang and Secret Wars?
    Badly? lol

Unless you dedicate a whole phase to just secret wars, I don't see how you do it and still make it cool.

Even Hickman's Secret Wars in the comics felt rushed and there were 300000 tie ins lol

To make secret wars "cool" you kinda have to live in the world a long time to see all the cool things.

So, idk, we will see.

I still think the multiverse was a mistake

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

It’s not bad at all. It’s a fun movie.

The problem for me is that it ultimately plays like an epilogue to Wandavision more than a Dr Strange movie.

And Raimi really leaned into the horror as opposed to superhero excitement. I don’t know how well that will play with the general audience because horror movies and comedies rarely get about a B+ cinemascore for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Badly? lol

Unless you dedicate a whole phase to just secret wars, I don't see how you do it and still make it cool.

Even Hickman's Secret Wars in the comics felt rushed and there were 300000 tie ins lol

To make secret wars "cool" you kinda have to live in the world a long time to see all the cool things.

So, idk, we will see.

I still think the multiverse was a mistake
    So your saying it should of been like the infinity sage, 10 years of story telling to build up to the big secret wars movie? I agree that the multiverse can open up problems, but maybe they are doing that to allow more freedom with actors? I dunno. I'm not really all that well caught up on the goings of the MCU at all

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It’s not bad at all. It’s a fun movie.

The problem for me is that it ultimately plays like an epilogue to Wandavision more than a Dr Strange movie.

And Raimi really leaned into the horror as opposed to superhero excitement. I don’t know how well that will play with the general audience because horror movies and comedies rarely get about a B+ cinemascore for whatever reason.
    Maybe because they lack the rewatching power? Like a horror movie isn't really that scary the second time around when you know that the jump scare is coming. Comedies can be a little different and you cant still get a laugh the second time, but not much else after that. This is also what I am thinking is going to happen with WF. It won't have the rewatching power because Black people are tired of movies starring us to be full of that, especially when it comes to heroes

So your saying it should of been like the infinity sage, 10 years of story telling to build up to the big secret wars movie? I agree that the multiverse can open up problems, but maybe they are doing that to allow more freedom with actors? I dunno. I'm not really all that well caught up on the goings of the MCU at all
    no, IMHO they should "live" in the secret wars battle world for awhile.

Meaning a few years of movies and tv shows are just exploring various places in battle world.

IMO... just having a movie be "Secret Wars" without the rest of battle world is kinda "meh" and rushed. It'll be a cameo fest or just tease a cameo fest that doesnt happen

Meaning a few years of movies and tv shows are just exploring various places in battle world.

IMO... just having a movie be "Secret Wars" without the rest of battle world is kinda "meh" and rushed. It'll be a cameo fest or just tease a cameo fest that doesnt happen
    Ah so how we spend something like 80 issues between new Avengers and the Avengers title through Hickmans TRO but only spent like 8 issues in secret wars?

WV was like what... 5 hours long? Some o fthose episodes were under 30 mins. I've "studied" longer for biology tests lol.

Study = "this is what someone connected to Feige told me"
    They Disney+ shows matter...except when they don't.

I feel like they'll mix it with the original Secret Wars and have it be a more straightforward hero vs. villain story with the Beyonder and Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I feel like they'll mix it with the original Secret Wars and have it be a more straightforward hero vs. villain story with the Beyonder and Doom.
    And then have an MCU cartoon where it is 20 minutes of mediocre filler of each battle world land....

And then have an MCU cartoon where it is 20 minutes of mediocre filler of each battle world land....
    They already did that .

The best MAC as ever been imo, I feel bad for Wanda fans, the group that BP is a sometime member of in comics got done dirty lol, Strange I’m bias will forever feel that role should’ve went to Keanu Reeves but Cumberbatch was much better here then in the the 1st one & I rock with MCU Wong the long way. I dislike Comic Strange & comic MAC so getting me to see a movie base around the 2 is a feat in itself lol.

I just wanted it to be better than the first which I found to be a let down. I think MoM was good, the horror film elements definitely helped. Some things worked while others didn't. MAC was good but some reviews have severely overrated her IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I saw Doc Strange. I don’t think this one will clean up at the box office. I could be wrong, but it probably won’t do big numbers.
    I think it'll do numbers similar to the first or a little better. Maybe in the $700 million range