Page 32 of 955 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    She banged Doctor Strange like two hours after breaking up with Rhodey. Rhodey looked like a chump, then a couple issues later he tells Carol how she's the strongest person he knows.
    I think it was, like, a week or so of her being depressed about the break up before she and Strange hooked up, but the point remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Oh yeah, she broke up with Rhodey because she saw a possible future where he has a daughter. Some good reasoning there.

Again...

Yeah, it wasn't really that well thought-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Whoops I lost track of that conversation my bad. Yeah given the scrapped Hickman plot for a baby clashed with whatever Ridley is planning, I think he’s going to sever the ties between the two for a good while so T’Challa’s romantic options can open up.

This is sadly the vibe surrounding T'Challa lol. Man Ridley will be MVP if he did that though

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well a wise man (men, really) once said: Sympin' Ain't Easy

Seriously I'm now of the mind this is a private joke with the editors/writers.
    My opinion tends to fall more on this side of things. One can not help but think that most of these writers stay on code with their thoughts on black male characters. Moving away from the question of romance, why haven't we gotten a Black Panther center event involving multiple books? Curious when we consider Cap, Thor, Carol, and Hulk had events. Hell Moon Knight just had a mini. Eddie Brock Venom...????!!!? They know full well that black heroes are being shorted, and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    TREVOR BARNES anybody?? Rumored cherry popper of a certain Amazon.
    Killed and...turned into rain. I remember that s***.

(Sign) ....Geez, would having more black writers present in the office fix any of this garbage. Maybe it's asking too much to expect a group of late 30's, early 40's yrs old white geeks to really understand and write the nuances of black characters and their love lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

This is sadly the vibe surrounding T'Challa lol. Man Ridley will be MVP if he did that though
    Yeah it’s always gotta be a struggle being a fan of this character.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Trevor Barnes really pissed me off. I knew fans or other writers wouldn't support their precious Wonder Woman infatuated with a brotha. I miss Trevor Barnes. Bruce Wayne, despite his deranged psyche, can have every woman in the DC universe swooning over him but a strong African king is stuck on one woman... meanwhile his ex since their divorce has been in bed with Wolverine and I'm not sure who else.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    (Sign) ....Geez, would having more black writers present in the office fix any of this garbage. Maybe it's asking too much to expect a group of late 30's, early 40's yrs old white geeks to really understand and write the nuances of black characters and their love lives?
    I don't think that fixes the problem tbh. Black writers can be as equally bad. I think it really depends on the kind of black writers we're getting. I'd like to see Bryan Hill write T'Challa. I liked his Killmonger series and he handled Black Lightning very well.

How do you guys think T’Challa would feel about all this NFT nonsense?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I don't think that fixes the problem tbh. Black writers can be as equally bad. I think it really depends on the kind of black writers we're getting. I'd like to see Bryan Hill write T'Challa. I liked his Killmonger series and he handled Black Lightning very well.
    They would probably bring in people like Coates, Vita, Gay, and nnedi, and not folk's like Redjack, Hudlin or Priest. If the later types were brought in then yes it would fix alot of issues. The former, not a chance

They would probably bring in people like Coates, Vita, Gay, and nnedi, and not folk's like Redjack, Hudlin or Priest. If the later types were brought in then yes it would fix alot of issues. The former, not a chance
    Yup. That's basically what I was saying when I said it depends on the kind of black writer they brought in. Do you like Bryan Hill?

Yup. That's basically what I was saying when I said it depends on the kind of black writer they brought in. Do you like Bryan Hill?
    I only know Hill from his Kilmonger mini. From that? Hill ks good at character driven stories. His Kilmonger was good in that regard. However, he fell short when he tied Erik to Kingpin, bullseye, and Widow. He essentially punked his OCs and Erik by having those characters involved because Given the nature of the book, nothing could happen to them. They couldn't be killed, he could of had Erik beat up bull's-eye but again, he got punked out.

The book should of took place on California, away from other heroes and used either some strong, but D list villains no one would care about of they were killed, or just used all OCs and shown is how Erik got the name Kilmonger. Had his crew doing a bunch of missions and high stakes assassinations before the inevitable end to the crew.

Instead we got punk ass Erik who at the end of the book via time skipped, he is apparently some badass but we never SEE it.

So overall, I think Hill COULD write a decent BP book, but he would need to focus on elevating T'Challa and not punk them to make other characters we don't care for look good

Trevor Barnes really pissed me off. I knew fans or other writers wouldn't support their precious Wonder Woman infatuated with a brotha. I miss Trevor Barnes. Bruce Wayne, despite his deranged psyche, can have every woman in the DC universe swooning over him but a strong African king is stuck on one woman... meanwhile his ex since their divorce has been in bed with Wolverine and I'm not sure who else.
    Ironically Grant Morrision introduced a black Steve Trevor in their Wonder Woman Earth One series.

I only know Hill from his Kilmonger mini. From that? Hill ks good at character driven stories. His Kilmonger was good in that regard. However, he fell short when he tied Erik to Kingpin, bullseye, and Widow. He essentially punked his OCs and Erik by having those characters involved because Given the nature of the book, nothing could happen to them. They couldn't be killed, he could of had Erik beat up bull's-eye but again, he got punked out.

The book should of took place on California, away from other heroes and used either some strong, but D list villains no one would care about of they were killed, or just used all OCs and shown is how Erik got the name Kilmonger. Had his crew doing a bunch of missions and high stakes assassinations before the inevitable end to the crew.

Instead we got punk ass Erik who at the end of the book via time skipped, he is apparently some badass but we never SEE it.

So overall, I think Hill COULD write a decent BP book, but he would need to focus on elevating T'Challa and not punk them to make other characters we don't care for look good
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ironically Grant Morrision introduced a black Steve Trevor in their Wonder Woman Earth One series.
    I saw that but was their relationship romantic? I don't remember her even kissing him. Correct me if I'm wrong.