Page 320 of 955 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Everyone can write a decent panther story

except his solo writers lol
    I wonder what the reaction would be if he had let the Hatut beat down Storm and put a boot to the back of her head

Out of curiosity, when was the last time BP was written badly by someone that wasn't in his own book or associated with Coates Gang?

I guess Vita but that was more shitting on Wakandan mythos than shitting on T'challa from memory. T'challa still acted like himself by letting Storm take a never-before-seen-and-never-seen-again sword. He woudln't stop her because he trusts her.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

At the least, Redjack, you'll get pocket money from us die hards when you drop your own take. Just sayin
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Out of curiosity, when was the last time BP was written badly by someone that wasn't in his own book or associated with Coates Gang?

I guess Vita but that was more shitting on Wakandan mythos than shitting on T'challa from memory. T'challa still acted like himself by letting Storm take a never-before-seen-and-never-seen-again sword. He woudln't stop her because he trusts her.
    ugh could we please forget that horrid story ever happened. I dont like when the xoffices write him like a jerk or not in a sensible fashion.

question do you guys think Ridley is capturing T'Challa's character right in the manner he still has trust issues and created this sleeper agent squad?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    question do you guys think Ridley is capturing T'Challa's character right in the manner he still has trust issues and created this sleeper agent squad?
    All countries have spies.

Why would T'challa be any different?

But I don't see how this is a "trust issue" thing. He is a king, he absolutely has a "normal" amount of secrets no one else knows. Every person he tells is a chance his spies are compromised.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

She’s one of the worst BP writers too lol. Never wanna see her touch the character again but given Marvel’s direction she has a better chance than most.

Last time would probably Captain Marvel? That time she fought all the Avengers to save the world. That was more of a petty feats thing though, the writer actually got T’Challa’s voice and strategic mind right despite him losing in a kind of dumb way.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    She’s one of the worst BP writers too lol. Never wanna see her touch the character again but given Marvel’s direction she has a better chance than most.

Last time would probably Captain Marvel? That time she fought all the Avengers to save the world. That was more of a petty feats thing though, the writer actually got T’Challa’s voice and strategic mind right despite him losing in a kind of dumb way.

Yeah at least he showed some fighting prowess and special features of the suit. Could you imagine Ridley writing TChalla going up against Captain Marvel?

Off the top of my head, CW 2. T'Challa supporting Carol side of arresting and imprisoning people based solely off Ulysses visions that were later proven by Tony to be not the future and more like a probability machine and that Carol admitted in court that his visions have been wrong before.

Carol calling T'Challa awful for what he did and Storm comforting her because Storm couldnt believe that he'd betray Carol like that. Just more reasons why Bendis should never write T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

All countries have spies.

Why would T'challa be any different?

But I don't see how this is a "trust issue" thing. He is a king, he absolutely has a "normal" amount of secrets no one else knows. Every person he tells is a chance his spies are compromised.
    It’s Americanizing Wakanda and villainizing T’Challa so he can learn dumbass lessons he never needed to learn. Americans think spies are bad because that’s the history of our CIA, which has been used as a tool of imperialism and racism for decades. Ridley is wholly incapable of thinking that an afrofuturist utopia would need spies, not as weapons, but as shields against those who would oppress them. It’s absolutely idiotic to think having spies is bad in a world where everyone from Atlantis to Latveria to even Krakoa is trying to implement regime change or straight up commit genocide against Wakandans.

The only issue Storm fans have with it is she wasn’t aware because unless T’Challa always worships her and never keeps her out the loop T’Challa is toxic. Or they subscribe to the same dumb notion that all spies are bad. T’Challa exists as a sounding board for lazy, dumbed down American politics as told by Coates, Ridley, Ayala, etc. For example, having him do something like ignore intergalactic slavery so they can bitch about how bad American exceptionalism is. Or revealing that early Wakandans were slavers who owe their prosperity to demons that existed before them to bitch about US history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah at least he showed some fighting prowess and special features of the suit. Could you imagine Ridley writing TChalla going up against Captain Marvel?
    Would've been a beat down so bad McGregor would be envious

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Off the top of my head, CW 2. T'Challa supporting Carol side of arresting and imprisoning people based solely off Ulysses visions that were later proven by Tony to be not the future and more like a probability machine and that Carol admitted in court that his visions have been wrong before.

Carol calling T'Challa awful for what he did and Storm comforting her because Storm couldnt believe that he'd betray Carol like that. Just more reasons why Bendis should never write T'Challa.
    I’ve been very pleased to see Bendis flop consistently over at DC lol. Hopefully he just goes away and never gets the chance to write T’Challa or Wakanda again.

That said, from what I remember of CW2 T’Challa eventually changed his mind and torched the Ultimates program. But Ewing wrote that, which goes to show he’s currently the best BP writer at Marvel atm. Ain’t nobody writing BP or any black character like him, putting all the “skinfolk” to shame.

I don’t think Ridley wants T’Challa fighting legitimate supervillains in his book. Even the upcoming intergalactic threat has him bring the Avengers along, so I fully expect someone like Thor or Carol to do most of the heavy lifting while T’Challa “delegates” in the background. And if not them I expect Storm to handle it, like she always does in his books.

If at this point T’Challa’s only able to fight 2-3 vibranium using warriors at once, I don’t see him defeating anything above a low level superhuman without assistance. I’d be more fine with that if T’Challa was written as supremely intelligent and prep-inclined like under Priest or Liss but that’s not what we’re getting. He’s both weaker AND dumbed down. And I would be able to somewhat overlook those issues if he was at least really interesting but that’s not the case either lol. Personality is drier than ever. Coates at the very least had decent prose, Ridley really just making T’Challa sound like a middle-lower class American.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-27-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’ve been very pleased to see Bendis flop consistently over at DC lol. Hopefully he just goes away and never gets the chance to write T’Challa or Wakanda again.

That said, from what I remember of CW2 T’Challa eventually changed his mind and torched the Ultimates program. But Ewing wrote that, which goes to show he’s currently the best BP writer at Marvel atm. Ain’t nobody writing BP or any black character like him, putting all the “skinfolk” to shame.

I like Ewing, Aaron, Hickman, and Redjack right now to write TChalla. Not necessarily in that order. But like you said I really like Ewings work.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 05-27-2022 at 10:03 AM.

I like Ewing, Aaron, Hickman, and Redjack right now to write TChalla. Not necessarily in that order. But like you said I really like Ewings work.
    Right now, the ONLY writer at Marvel I give the time of day to is Jed Mackay.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Right now, the ONLY writer at Marvel I give the time of day to is Jed Mackay.
    What's he writing?

Astonishing Member

Ewing is someone who writes every character well. Much like Hickman he has his favorites but Ewing has a broad appreciation for the Marvel Universe, it’s why he’s such a continuity junky. I don’t know if he’s a really big fan of T’Challa or if he’s just doing his job but there’s an undeniable level of professionalism that goes into how he has the character speak and act in his stories.

He doesn’t shove him into the background in situations where he should take center stage. He gets the virtues and the flaws the character has. Logically builds on his capabilities while keeping him human. An Ewing BP run would easily be the best thing since Priest and my hope is that after he’s done with the X-books he migrates back to the Avengers office and brings T’Challa back into the fold. Hell, I’d be happy to see him on FF (a book that needs a shot in the arm anyway lol) and write him in an arc or two. T’Challa’s friendship with the FF has really fallen to the wayside as of late. It’s unfortunate more writers don’t lean into it but then I think about what Marvel wants out of the character these days and I’m unsurprised.