Page 328 of 955 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428828 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did Coates ever express interest in writing Spider-Man?

Not that it excuses this, but Marvel kind of did with Thor what they're doing to T'Challa. Jason Aaron just had more comic credentials than Coates.
    Coates said in an old interview he wanted to do Spider-Man (Peter Parker) but Marvel offered him Cap instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Another great issue. Looking forward to # 7. Tchalla put up a good showing and how fast he went up that tree definitely showed he has abilities. I really enjoyed the fight scenes.

Not from what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Not from what I heard.
    But he climbed a tree!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    spoilers:
    Shuri placed a tracker in T'Challa without him knowing
    After rescuing T'Challa Storm attacks him
    They argue about Gentle and their relationship
    She calls T'Challa a piece of shit and blames him for trying to ruin the relationship between Wakanda and Krakoa and he calls her out for stealing Stormbreaker
    Akili is definitely working for the villain if he's not the main big bad and the PM orders Akili to kill T'Challa
    Shuri called the Dora and the MA as backup
    The only impressive thing T'Challa did was take out 2 Hatute
    end of spoilers

Reading Ridley's run there are things he understands about T'Challa but he doesn't follow through with it or his execution fails. T'Challa should've taken out the Hatute and then Storm should've arrived. I do hope this be the end of their relationship for at least a while.
    This doesn’t mean anything if she saves his ass by the end of the arc, but it’s happy to see someone from the BP side do the work of cutting Storm out the mythos lol. We’ve said everything there is to say about this pairing, it’s uniquely challenged given the nature of being under different editorial offices. And in an era where seemingly all comic couples are on the verge of limbo or breaking up, combined with their positions as leaders for their respective peoples, there really is no end to the cycle of toxicity and betrayal for these two.

Ordering a child soldier to spy on your ex-wife is some inexcusable shit as far as romance is concerned lol, if Storm gets back with him after this she’s being written stupidly. Plus Storm don’t even be on Earth like that nowadays so it stretches the imagination to think she has this much time to be cleaning up Wakandan politics. Marvel should cut them loose and embrace the idea that black love and even black “power couples” can exist outside BP/Storm. It’s wild to think that if BP writers hadn’t obsessed with bringing Storm into their stories for the last 10+ years there’s a good chance T’Challa would be married with kids by now. Monica Rambeau, Nightshade, Monica Lynne, and Princess Zanda were all just waiting to be given a shot. BP scribes have been wasting time putting him with Storm so even if I find Ridley a subpar writer I hope he uses this opportunity to build something fresh.

Everything else sounds trash as usual and I’m just gonna be hoping the book gets cancelled so Marvel can rethink how to approach T’Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    But he climbed a tree!
    LMAO. Dead

But he climbed a tree!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I hope thats Vodka
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    In your opinion would you say people were overreacting based on the previews?
    Definitely, The storm/BP convo was very mature and he was right. If this is the straw that broke the camel back it is what it is, in the realm they are playing in as kings and queens i didn't think it was a big deal and feel like she was compiling everything in the moment like a raging storm.

As far as Tchalla he came off great in the issue to me and this is the first time i've really been into Tchalla. (this run.)

I mean with no armor on the man spent at least 10 pages and it had to be quite a large amount of time for shuri to do what she was doing in between before Storm even showed up. And he was moving full speed for the entire time, that's some stamina. leaping at people, running up trees, dodging dozens of once again, armored trained soilders with weapons. I mean i'm not sure what else one could want from a scene to show he is a badass on his own.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I say give T’Challa an inhuman boo or revive Space Nakia.
    I love the inhumans but the stench on the brand isn’t completely gone yet, despite Doctor Strange 2. People have always liked Black Bolt but been mixed on the nuhuman characters so idk if it’d be wise to connect to that franchise, especially when his ex-wife is a mutant. In some ways it’s a power move lol but I think it puts T’Challa in an awkward place at this point. It depends on the story though.

I’m gonna throw Nightshade’s hat in the ring. She’s got an interesting arc (villain to anti-hero), has a fun-loving personality, and builds on the espionage direction that BP has always thrived in since she’s a former(?) mercenary. Also I kinda want T’Challa to end up with an American for the tensions it can create, another African princess/queen is just gonna draw comparisons to Storm.

If not Nightshade, then someone should do the work of bringing back Monica Lynne. Build on her social work background and have her be the “UN special attaché to Wakanda” specializing in cultural affairs and humanitarian work. Let her work with T’Challa on his global initiatives to address issues like refugees and neocolonialism, reforming programs like the Tomorrow Fund from the Priest era. Maybe even let her music career finally take off, turn her into the Lauryn Hill of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    spoilers:
    Shuri placed a tracker in T'Challa without him knowing
    After rescuing T'Challa Storm attacks him
    They argue about Gentle and their relationship
    She calls T'Challa a piece of shit and blames him for trying to ruin the relationship between Wakanda and Krakoa and he calls her out for stealing Stormbreaker
    Akili is definitely working for the villain if he's not the main big bad and the PM orders Akili to kill T'Challa
    Shuri called the Dora and the MA as backup
    The only impressive thing T'Challa did was take out 2 Hatute
    end of spoilers

Reading Ridley's run there are things he understands about T'Challa but he doesn't follow through with it or his execution fails. T'Challa should've taken out the Hatute and then Storm should've arrived. I do hope this be the end of their relationship for at least a while.
    Wow that's... Garbage. Complete garbage. Who is this dude? This must still be T'Chumpa the Bland Panther. Who does Ridley think is benefitting from this? We go from 3 steps ahead, to bumbling panther whom everyone including Shuri seems to be 3 steps ahead of him now? Sweet baby Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    But he climbed a tree!
    It was the reason he climbed the tree, part two of the army was coming and it was a smart strategic move to gain sight and get an upper hand. I'm actually confused people didn't enjoy him basically taking on an army. I mean this stuff went on for pages.
    spoilers:

kingstuff.jpg
    kingstuff2.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I love the inhumans but the stench on the brand isn’t completely gone yet, despite Doctor Strange 2. People have always liked Black Bolt but been mixed on the nuhuman characters so idk if it’d be wise to connect to that franchise, especially when his ex-wife is a mutant. In some ways it’s a power move lol but I think it puts T’Challa in an awkward place at this point. It depends on the story though.

I’m gonna throw Nightshade’s hat in the ring. She’s got an interesting arc (villain to anti-hero), has a fun-loving personality, and builds on the espionage direction that BP has always thrived in since she’s a former(?) mercenary. Also I kinda want T’Challa to end up with an American for the tensions it can create, another African princess/queen is just gonna draw comparisons to Storm.

If not Nightshade, then someone should do the work of bringing back Monica Lynne. Build on her social work background and have her be the “UN special attaché to Wakanda” specializing in cultural affairs and humanitarian work. Let her work with T’Challa on his global initiatives to address issues like refugees and neocolonialism, reforming programs like the Tomorrow Fund from the Priest era. Maybe even let her music career finally take off, turn her into the Lauryn Hill of the MU.

Monica and Nakia are both dead lol they ain’t coming back. Believe me when I say you ain’t seen the last of Storm and tchalla. Your jumping for joy now and the next book they forgive each other and still in love lol. They will forever have the most complicated relationship in marvel. Ridley might not like them but the next writer that takes over might want to take it to another level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was the reason he climbed the tree, part two of the army was coming and it was a smart strategic move to gain sight and get an upper hand. I'm actually confused people didn't enjoy him basically taking on an army. I mean this stuff went on for pages.
    spoilers:

kingstuff.jpg
    kingstuff2.jpg
    end of spoilers
    That’s actually not that bad. Jwatson you gotta stop, might have me get the issue lol. How did T’Challa end up needing Storm’s help? Was he just tired from all the fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s actually not that bad. Jwatson you gotta stop, might have me get the issue lol. How did T’Challa end up needing Storm’s help? Was he just tired from all the fighting?

I still won’t be buying it. Probably will read it though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Monica and Nakia are both dead lol they ain’t coming back. Believe me when I say you ain’t seen the last of Storm and tchalla. Your jumping for joy now and the next book they forgive each other and still in love lol. They will forever have the most complicated relationship in marvel. Ridley might not like them but the next writer that takes over might want to take it to another level.
    The next book ain’t coming for another 2-3 years assuming sales don’t fall off. T’Challa will never fully be free of Storm but just like in vol 6 he’ll be playing the field whenever she’s not in his life, like he has since he first started getting published.

But this is all hypothetical, Ridley’s not a good writer so there’s a chance they end up together by the end of the arc. If not, you’re gonna have to get comfortable with T’Challa having other love interests in his supporting cast.