Page 332 of 955 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 14314
    Incredible Member

I might get dragged but I think Tchalla is an high functioning autistic person. Hear me out

He has no social skills
    Like to be alone
    Had the hottest chick in the game lol and can’t get that right
    Genius
    Strategist
    he has no friends
    Not big on talking or expressing his feelings
    Doesn’t work well in groups
    Obsessed over things until he gets it right
    I mean I can keep going lol

I’m around people like this all day long, if I had to diagnose tchalla Today most definitely high functioning autism.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I might get dragged but I think Tchalla is an high functioning autistic person. Hear me out

He has no social skills
    Like to be alone
    Genius
    Strategist
    he has no friends

I’m around people like this all day long, if I had to diagnose tchalla Today most definitely high functioning autism.

Now
    exactly. if people accept this tchalla as normal he has some serious mental issues. to be so distrusting of folks like your sister and your girlfriend/ex is really concerning.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That doesn’t make sense, respectfully. Coates wrote T’Challa for 3 years fighting across 5 galaxies. He brought in numerous species from across the MU, got to play with stuff like the M’Kraan Crystal, heavily featured black superheroes in the biggest BP storyline ever. And it still sucked.

This is not an issue of scope. I don’t care about the empire so Im perfectly fine doing a Wakanda-Prime centric story and going off sales Marvel should be able to plainly see that’s what the majority of fans want if they don’t want the book selling below 20k.

This is an issue of writers not writing T’Challa with the full capabilities and character nuances that made him popular going back to the 90s and early 00s. The strength, intelligence, flaws, and virtues of T’Challa as a character are missing, that’s an issue you can’t fix by putting him up against Galactus. Ridley wouldn’t be a better writer by having T’Challa fight the Shi’ar Empire, we need to stop confusing feats with good storytelling. The best BP stories of the last few years up until recently was Liss, who wrote him at a street level.
    I would take it a step further. It's not that writers aren't just writing him with the full capabilities, they are completely ignoring them and rewriting the character into what's basically a wet behind the ears King and ruler.

Coates wrote T'Challa like it was his first year of ruling and didn't know what the hell he was doing. Ridley is writing him the same way with the added touch of talking like some college frat guy. He is overly dramatic and emotional for someone who doesn't Open up to hardly anyone. He is basically acting like Shuri when she was Queen, except somehow even less capable.

We aren't just seeing OOC portrayals, we are seeing a completely different character all together who shares the same name as T'Challa and commands NONE of the respect he has.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly. if people accept this tchalla as normal he has some serious mental issues. to be so distrusting of folks like your sister and your girlfriend/ex is really concerning.

Hey best friend lol yes he got some mental issues.

He doesn’t know how to express himself, I think he really does love Storm but just pushing everyone away because his friend died, what happened with the Dora why don’t they like tchalla lol like what’s going on . Where did Jhai come from it makes no sense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    See...

Avengers Forever #6 was mediocre. Nothing ground breaking.

It was fine. Somewhat interesting where it goes.

I'm not mad lol
    Naw that was a really good read..

He has no social skills
    Like to be alone
    Genius
    Strategist
    he has no friends

1. False see Hudlins run, but if we go to Priests run, still no, but he was raised to be a King, not a frat guy. Being a powerful political figure requires great social skills.

2. Also false, but he is King so he rarely had time for himself so this would be understandable.

3. ... No, she isn't, and no. Storms a big isht talker and has done the majority of that since AvX.

4. Polymath genius.

5. Master strategist.

6. False. Reed, Tony, Luke Cage, black bolt voodoo, blade. Just because Coates and Ridleys l can't get it right doesn't mean he doesn't have friends.

7. False. Hes not big on rambling and gets straight to the point. Like a King would do.

8. False. See Hudlins run, Avengers, TRO, ultimates, etc. He just sees the big picture do without warning he will go deal with the problem.

9. Sure

Making off assumptions like this really does a disservice to the character because over half those things above are wrong

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    1. False see Hudlins run, but if we go to Priests run, still no, but he was raised to be a King, not a frat guy. Being a powerful political figure requires great social skills.

2. Also false, but he is King so he rarely had time for himself so this would be understandable.

3. ... No, she isn't, and no. Storms a big isht talker and has done the majority of that since AvX.

4. Polymath genius.

5. Master strategist.

6. False. Reed, Tony, Luke Cage, black bolt voodoo, blade. Just because Coates and Ridleys l can't get it right doesn't mean he doesn't have friends.

7. False. Hes not big on rambling and gets straight to the point. Like a King would do.

8. False. See Hudlins run, Avengers, TRO, ultimates, etc. He just sees the big picture do without warning he will go deal with the problem.

9. Sure

Making off assumptions like this really does a disservice to the character because over half those things above are wrong
    I think they are solely speaking to how he was depicted in this issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

4. Polymath genius.

5. Master strategist.

9. Sure

Agreed. And being a high functioning autistic myself I can confirm that it is possible to have a friend group along with relationships despite having autism so even if T’Challa is autistic those kind of assumptions are insulting.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think they are solely speaking to how he was depicted in this issue.

I’m speaking on how tchalla is now.

T'challa's never been the most open person. But, I mean, he shouldn't be... Wakanda grew up on secrecy. That is in his blood.

But, until Coates, dude has had friends in every run. A King went ot hells kitchen and made friends lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

I would take it a step further. It's not that writers aren't just writing him with the full capabilities, they are completely ignoring them and rewriting the character into what's basically a wet behind the ears King and ruler.

Coates wrote T'Challa like it was his first year of ruling and didn't know what the hell he was doing. Ridley is writing him the same way with the added touch of talking like some college frat guy. He is overly dramatic and emotional for someone who doesn't Open up to hardly anyone. He is basically acting like Shuri when she was Queen, except somehow even less capable.

We aren't just seeing OOC portrayals, we are seeing a completely different character all together who shares the same name as T'Challa and commands NONE of the respect he has.
    Exactly, we JUST saw T’Challa on a multi-year cosmic epic with a literal army of superheroes behind him and the story was trash. How is that white editorial’s fault other than hiring Coates in the first place? He just sucks and had an agenda to write T’Challa in a way that was inconsistent with past portrayals. Ridley’s not much better, editorial isn’t telling the man “You must write the HZ as low-level redshirts with a T’Challa who sounds like a frat boy”, that’s on him for coming up with the idea.

Hickman wrote Secret Warriors, which like this arc, was a superhero spy thriller. It mostly took place on Earth and had mind-boggling characterization, feats, and worldbuilding. Ridley could’ve written that but with the Wakandan spy network and he didn’t. Even if he is being limited, the idea you can’t tell a “great” non-cosmic BP story is ridiculous on its face. T’Challa doesn’t need to fight Galactus or the Masters of Evil to be written well. Do people really think Ewing wouldn’t write a better T’Challa if he was given the same parameters as Ridley? That if he could only write T’Challa in Wakanda, we wouldn’t get something better than the last half decade of comics? Scope is an abysmal way of measuring the quality of a story. T’Challa can and should be written as T’Challa no matter the story type.

He has no social skills
    Like to be alone
    Genius
    Strategist
    he has no friends

He isn't a genius or a stratagist anymore.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

He has no social skills
    Like to be alone
    [
    Genius
    Strategist
    he has no friends

Damn...
    I've become this version of T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

These guys have an interesting take on why Black Panther comics have been sucking lately at 14:30.
    It's interesting but I disagree. At the end of the day it's just an excuse for them because this is the story that they pitched and this is the story they chose to write. That goes for Ridley and coats. They could have chosen to build on the past which already gave them established characters so that they don't have to start from Ground Zero trying to make us care about their original creations or powering T'Challa down so that he can be either outwitted or outmaneuvered by them. Those are their choices.
    They chose to write the character down to the story that they wanted to tell rather than writing their story up to the characters level.
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-01-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa's never been the most open person. But, I mean, he shouldn't be... Wakanda grew up on secrecy. That is in his blood.

But, until Coates, dude has had friends in every run. A King went ot hells kitchen and made friends lol.
    Nah T’Challa’s been lonely since Hudlin massacred his supporting cast at the end of his run. He’s been friendless since the mid-00s lol. And for a guy that talked about brotherhood between black people, Ridley’s done a poor job of showing T’Challa having positive interactions with them. At this point it’s fair to say T’Challa’s best friend is his mom. I guess Manifold is supposed to be a friend but they never talked about anything that wasn’t work related.

If anything, T’Challa PTSD, not autism. Everything with the empire shocked him to his core and he’s just scrambling to hold himself together. He may have agreed to democracy and being more open with his allies but the reality is agreeing to something is much easier than actually doing it.