Page 333 of 955 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433833 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Nah T’Challa’s been lonely since Hudlin massacred his supporting cast at the end of his run. He’s been friendless since the mid-00s lol. And for a guy that talked about brotherhood between black people, Ridley’s done a poor job of showing T’Challa having positive interactions with them. At this point it’s fair to say T’Challa’s best friend is his mom. I guess Manifold is supposed to be a friend but they never talked about anything that wasn’t work related.

If anything, T’Challa PTSD, not autism. Everything with the empire shocked him to his core and he’s just scrambling to hold himself together. He may have agreed to democracy and being more open with his allies but the reality is agreeing to something is much easier than actually doing it.
    Oh Wakanda friends yeah.

He seemed friendly with Hells Kitchen folks, then him and reed were best buds in Hickman.

At this point, I think there is zero chance he gets any Wakandan bros. I think they will keep his supporting cast strictly women for the time being.

They had their chance to even bring NuBaku into the fodl to synergize with the movie a bit... and shipped his ass off straight to space lol.

Look who is joining his side to fight... all women. Shuri, Storm, Omo, MA, Dora(s?).

I honestly wish they would just get this era over with and kill him off or ship him off to space for an extended period of time... (so the books can utterly fail and they realize he is the only draw lol). This slow drag out process is the worst.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've read it.
    And...Well...

We still haven't found out who is actually behind the assassinations...unless it's Akili and he is framing him and/or taking advantage of the current situation, and with Folasade using this for a political coup attempt. You would think the gist of this arc and characters would be much clearer by now. It isn't. The main plot gets sidelined again by more relationship rubbish.

The entire scene between Storm and T'Challa was forced AF and a very bad reflection on both characters.
    Are we supposed to actually believe that they never spoke of/hashed out/discussed (even off-panel at least) the annulment and the lack of trust back then?
    Are we supposed to actually believe T'Challa's pain and loss over Jhai, a throw-away character, we only just met once in passing, for the first time in issue 1?
    Are we supposed to actually believe in this deep bond that existed between both men for years? To the point where his death has driven T'Challa to emotional distraction?
    What are they even doing together at this point? Because nothing I've read between these two post annulment (but it goes further back to Doomwar) is indicative of a positive relationship of any kind. Yes, real relationships require work and mutual trust and a sharing of burdens and responsibilities...ideas about which these two Leaders of Nations, in all their years and experience combined, know absolutely nothing, apparently.

And the cherry on top..."okey-dokey".

Sorry, just like this book, I'm not buying it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    1. False see Hudlins run, but if we go to Priests run, still no, but he was raised to be a King, not a frat guy. Being a powerful political figure requires great social skills.

2. Also false, but he is King so he rarely had time for himself so this would be understandable.

3. ... No, she isn't, and no. Storms a big isht talker and has done the majority of that since AvX.

4. Polymath genius.

5. Master strategist.

6. False. Reed, Tony, Luke Cage, black bolt voodoo, blade. Just because Coates and Ridleys l can't get it right doesn't mean he doesn't have friends.

7. False. Hes not big on rambling and gets straight to the point. Like a King would do.

8. False. See Hudlins run, Avengers, TRO, ultimates, etc. He just sees the big picture do without warning he will go deal with the problem.

9. Sure

Making off assumptions like this really does a disservice to the character because over half those things above are wrong
    Thanks for running it down, T'challa might be one of most balanced character and man/hero Marvel has. That doesn't mean that he's boring, or can't be written as exciting. Like you and others are saying we are suffering from bad writers and subtle agenda of women gotta be better than men.

This is an issue of writers not writing T’Challa with the full capabilities and character nuances that made him popular going back to the 90s and early 00s. The strength, intelligence, flaws, and virtues of T’Challa as a character are missing, that’s an issue you can’t fix by putting him up against Galactus. Ridley wouldn’t be a better writer by having T’Challa fight the Shi’ar Empire, we need to stop confusing feats with good storytelling. The best BP stories of the last few years up until recently was Liss, who wrote him at a street .

I disagree with him being street level. Never really liked it. He has so much to work with that he should be one of the pound for pound fighters that can take on just about any threat. If the threat happens to be overpowered then he uses his intelligence. Low to mid tiers he uses his suit and ALL of its functions.

Streets he handles with his superior fighting. He’s even proven this in comics fighting everyone from Daredevil, to Moon Knight, to Luke Cage, to Doom and Namor.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-01-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I disagree with him being street level. Never really liked it. He has so much to work with that he should be one of the pound for pound fighters that can take on just about any threat. If the threat happens to be overpowered then he uses his intelligence. Low to mid tiers he uses his suit and ALL of its functions.

Streets he handles with his superior fighting. He’s even proven this in comics fighting everyone from Daredevil, to Moon Knight, to Luke Cage, to Doom and Namor.
    Liss wrote what he was given

And his tchalla was a genius, strategist, agile, great fighter.

He was justvdepowered and he was still more bad ass than last 7 years of this garbage

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Streets he handles with his superior fighting.
    Im not saying T’Challa should be street level. I’m saying that writers have been able to tell fantastic BP stories at virtually every scope. Ewing wrote a fantastic T’Challa operating at a cosmic level. Liss wrote a fantastic T’Challa operating at street level. Liss clearly was being forced by editorial to write T’Challa as the hero of Hell’s Kitchen, he was in a holding pattern until Hickman scooped him up for his Avengers epic. Despite that he still wrote a T’Challa that was complex, showed off his intelligence, etc.

It was irrelevant that the stakes were limited only to NY, T’Challa still shined both as a warrior and a person. Ridley has no excuse for writing a bad BP assuming he has similar limitations. He’s writing a global superhero spy thriller, he has more than enough bandwidth to tell a story that shows off T’Challa in all his glory so the fact he’s not is his fault. Not editorial for placing those limitations in the first place. Black writers aren’t being uniquely prevented from writing T’Challa as capable, the idea that they are is crazy to me.

Mighty Member

I haven't read the issue, yet. But with so many posts commenting on Jhai, I'm getting the feeling he'll turn out to be T'Challa's actual first love. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I haven't read the issue, yet. But with so many posts commenting on Jhai, I'm getting the feeling he'll turn out to be T'Challa's actual first love. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
    Naw, marvel would promote that ahead of time for the eyeballs

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, marvel would promote that ahead of time for the eyeballs
    K. At least not that. Like I posted, I haven't read the issue yet.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Im not saying T’Challa should be street level. I’m saying that writers have been able to tell fantastic BP stories at virtually every scope. Ewing wrote a fantastic T’Challa operating at a cosmic level. Liss wrote a fantastic T’Challa operating at street level. Liss clearly was being forced by editorial to write T’Challa as the hero of Hell’s Kitchen, he was in a holding pattern until Hickman scooped him up for his Avengers epic. Despite that he still wrote a T’Challa that was complex, showed off his intelligence, etc.

It was irrelevant that the stakes were limited only to NY, T’Challa still shined both as a warrior and a person. Ridley has no excuse for writing a bad BP assuming he has similar limitations. He’s writing a global superhero spy thriller, he has more than enough bandwidth to tell a story that shows off T’Challa in all his glory so the fact he’s not is his fault. Not editorial for placing those limitations in the first place. Black writers aren’t being uniquely prevented from writing T’Challa as capable, the idea that they are is crazy to me.

I agree with you. I misunderstood. I didn’t get to read a lot of Hells Kitchen TChalla, only a little.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Liss wrote what he was given

And his tchalla was a genius, strategist, agile, great fighter.

He was justvdepowered and he was still more bad ass than last 7 years of this garbage

I’ve skimmed through some of his work. A few of those issues had great art too. I liked TChalla’s voice in what I read. Made him seem intimidating.

Was the last time we saw the assassins in #2? No hint as to who their leader is and why they're targeting the sleeper agents? There are what 2 issues left of this arc and neither of those things have been answered. The only possible candidates that this story potentially setup are Akili and the PM. Akili really has no reason to do this unless he really is working for Hunter but the seeds should've been planted for it to be him.

I don't know how the PM would know about the sleeper agents unless she knows or was in a relationship with one of them but that wouldn't explain why she would kill. I wouldn't care if the PM died or is never seen again after this arc. All this democracy talk for the last 7 years just for it all to go out the window in a single issue and she takes absolute power and ordering the death of T'Challa no trial or vote or anything.

If it really does end up being Hunter and the Sam Cap book is the one to reveal that's just more bad storytelling on Ridley's part. And Ridley's OC Tosin still hasn't done jack since his debut. The book went from tracking down enemy assassins to even more Wakanda disfunction civil war nonsense.

After Ridley's term is up I wouldn't be opposed to the next writer simply ignoring the last 7 years or give it the Hudlin treatment retcon it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Was the last time we saw the assassins in #2? No hint as to who their leader is and why they're targeting the sleeper agents? There are what 2 issues left of this arc and neither of those things have been answered. The only possible candidates that this story potentially setup are Akili and the PM. Akili really has no reason to do this unless he really is working for Hunter but the seeds should've been planted for it to be him.

I don't know how the PM would know about the sleeper agents unless she knows or was in a relationship with one of them but that wouldn't explain why she would kill. I wouldn't care if the PM died or is never seen again after this arc. All this democracy talk for the last 7 years just for it all to go out the window in a single issue and she takes absolute power and ordering the death of T'Challa no trial or vote or anything.

If it really does end up being Hunter and the Sam Cap book is the one to reveal that's just more bad storytelling on Ridley's part. And Ridley's OC Tosin still hasn't done jack since his debut. The book went from tracking down enemy assassins to even more Wakanda disfunction civil war nonsense.

After Ridley's term is up I wouldn't be opposed to the next writer simply ignoring the last 7 years or give it the Hudlin treatment retcon it all out.

Yeah can someone come along and just retcon Ridley’s series? I think that might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

We spent more time with a relationship everyone was done with than villain motivation

At this point its either a shit villain with no real motivations with akili... or its an asspull without enough time to fkesh out.

Watch it be Jhai lol

Yeah can someone come along and just retcon Ridley’s series? I think that might be a good idea.
    Ridley coulda ignored coates.

Tchalla was emperor, he coukda justvran with it and moved on.

Storm was on mars. Ridley coukd have ignored her completely

He chose this