Page 340 of 955 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440840 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 14314
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ive been wanting a "tchalla goes to his gods to fix them" unti coates butchered them even more

Man i just want a halfway decent story lol.

I liked wakanda when it was weird, xenophobic, smug... but exceptional with a bad ass warrior king holding it all tigether.

Now everything is a worsening mess all around that needs a cleansing fire
    And you don’t even need to have T’Challa beat up Bast lol. Just say she’s possessed by some interdimensional alien demon or whatever and have T’Challa kill it and exorcise all the Zenzi aspects. He’s looking real dumb worshipping a god that’ll empower Nazis and collaborate with multi-galaxy slavers. Hell Bast still has to answer for giving Doom vibranium lol.

I like to think the Wakandans would back him up on wanting to confront the Wakandan gods and negotiate new terms for their relationship. Would be a cool way of introducing other god avatars as well, both as villains and allies. I don’t think we’ve seen a religious leader organizing a rebellion (or perhaps even a conspiracy) against their own gods from Marvel. At the least it’d be an insanely different story than what we’ve gotten from BP the last 2 decades.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Tchalla gonna look even worse if hes still acting non powered around a bunch of Avengers....
    Ridley wrote him relatively well in the first issue when he was leading the team. So at the least he should be physically competent (assuming he gets the suit back.) His voice and characterization on the other hand are probably gonna take a hit since eventually Cap’a gonna find out about the spies.

Frankly Im not even sure the Avengers will show up for more than 1 issue of the arc. The marketing for this book was so different than what we actually got. This was supposed to be a superhero spy thriller but most of the action is taking place in Wakanda and there are no real secrets or plot hooks outside who’s killing the spies. There’s a strong chance the next arc will be 1 issue of T’Challa and the Avengers identifying the damage caused by the Colonialist with the next 5 issues being Shuri and T’Challa trying to figure out how he’s doing it.

I don’t hate Ridley’s run the way some of you do, but I’ll admit this has been below what I expected. It took until the second arc of I Am Batman when Jace moved to NYC for that book to really take off, so maybe the second arc of BP will be better. I’m frustrated that he didn’t come out swinging here or pick one of T’Challa’s classic Rogues other than Killmonger to use, why does no one seem to want to show T’Challa’s Rogues some love?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Well #1 teased T'Challa vs Cap so...yeah we got that to look forward to.

I expect to see this but in reverse.
    fb09ff69e7ece63933c9000faa5924ba6f1ddc62_00.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t hate Ridley’s run the way some of you do, but I’ll admit this has been below what I expected. It took until the second arc of I Am Batman when Jace moved to NYC for that book to really take off, so maybe the second arc of BP will be better. I’m frustrated that he didn’t come out swinging here or pick one of T’Challa’s classic Rogues other than Killmonger to use, why does no one seem to want to show T’Challa’s Rogues some love?
    They all want to do their own thing completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I expect to see this but in reverse.
    fb09ff69e7ece63933c9000faa5924ba6f1ddc62_00.jpg
    The unfortunate reality

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Hopefully Ridley keeps Storm out the book after issue 8 and he can recenter on the things that matter. The space story with the Avengers should be a welcome change of pace tbh. Wakanda-centric storylines and espionage aren’t working to this run’s benefit. Teaming T’Challa up with other heroes and fighting a new villain rather than the HZ may be an improvement, even if it probably means we’re revisiting the empire.

Do y’all think the space arc is gonna build on this current arc?

I can save you about $3.99. His suit is going to light up if he gets it back. He’s going to claw at a few things, and then get his ass kicked. I’m almost embarrassed for TChalla to show up around the likes of Cap and Iron Man the way he’s been shown in his current run.

I’ve said I’m getting it but I don’t know at this point after reading BP issue #6.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-01-2022 at 08:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They all want to do their own thing completely.
    Ridley’s doing a pretty faithful follow up to Coates, I wouldn’t say he’s doing his own thing. He’s basically writing a sequel to the previous run in terms of everything but the flowery language. Same lack of secondary villains (which is just bizarre to me and part of why the pacing is crap), same deconstruction approach (T’Challa being an asshole to Storm or some other woman and getting lectured), same lack of wit or intelligence in the narrative, etc. He’s basically using the same supporting cast as Coates. This is the most consistency across runs in T’Challa’s publication history lol.

If you told me Coates was Ridley’s ghostwriter I’d believe you if it weren’t the fact we haven’t heard Hadari Yao yet.

Nah I’m done with giving writers the benefit of the doubt. And who’s to say Ridley will even use T’Challa if he gets a second arc since it’s obvious the BP office has marching orders from Kevin Feige?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I’m elated at this story beat tbh. Storm was an active hindrance to the development of this story and has stagnated T’Challa as a character since Coates. We keep going back to that garbage AvX event and for some reason writers keep bringing up shit that happened months ago that remains irrelevant.

Hopefully Ridley keeps Storm out the book after issue 8 and he can recenter on the things that matter. The space story with the Avengers should be a welcome change of pace tbh. Wakanda-centric storylines and espionage aren’t working to this run’s benefit. Teaming T’Challa up with other heroes and fighting a new villain rather than the HZ may be an improvement, even if it probably means we’re revisiting the empire.

Do y’all think the space arc is gonna build on this current arc?
    Storm, Shuri, the MA, Omolola, every one of these female characters have been a hindrance to T'Challas development because they keep either being forcibly used to take up panel space, take feats and T'Challas traits, or straight up throw him under the bus to give them upgrades no one cares about and they don't need, especially at the cost of T'Challa losing out

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Storm, Shuri, the MA, Omolola, every one of these female characters have been a hindrance to T'Challas development because they keep either being forcibly used to take up panel space, take feats and T'Challas traits, or straight up throw him under the bus to give them upgrades no one cares about and they don't need, especially at the cost of T'Challa losing out
    Crazy how the only one that hasn’t been a hinderance is Okoye. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At least when Marvel starts pushing Tosin it won’t only be the female characters that detract from T’Challa lol. Hell, if M’Baku becomes MCU BP I expect a massive push and for him to become just as annoying.

My optimism/hope for the franchise in general is at an all-time low but if things do turn around then good

At least when Marvel starts pushing Tosin it won’t only be the female characters that detract from T’Challa lol. Hell, if M’Baku becomes MCU BP I expect a massive push and for him to become just as annoying.
    Plus Aneka supposedly has a large role so we might get another push for the MA too. Sigh.

Well I can’t wait for comic sales to crater when those happen.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Crazy how the only one that hasn’t been a hinderance is Okoye. Lmao.
    I dread the possibility that Ridley would make her join the others in throwing shade on T'Challa even though she has proven time and time again to be one of his most loyal subject.