Page 357 of 955 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457857 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    these brothers ain't reading enough of my stuff.
    I recognized game the minute black panther told Captain America to take his hand off of his shoulder and mind his business while two kings were speaking to each other in Panthers Quest.

Maybe it's depictions like that keeping quality writers away from the character in his solo run since certain types do the choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Silver surfer
    Attachment 121629
    this dialogue is killing me

BUENO he is bound lol bruh wtf lololol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-07-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I recognized game the minute black panther told Captain America to take his hand off of his shoulder and mind his business while two kings were speaking to each other in Panthers Quest.
    Yeah. Mind your business Steve. That’s what I’m here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Not any official title, but this other non T'Challa stuff becomes less interesting when your films involve no T'Challa as well.
    Interesting to see a Wakanda series and a potential Okoye series. It would be cool to have Vibraxis appear in one of these projects.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this dialogue is killing me

BUENO he is bound lol bruh wtf lololol
    Must be one of those Caravans Donald Trump is always worried about. If they can take out the surfer with a hammer that looks like it was made in a Homec class and an extension cord then them some bad dudes. Latin wrecking crew!

Sidenote:
    The writing/logic in Black Panther's books has been just as nonsensical these last 6 years folks
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-07-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah. Mind your business Steve. That’s what I’m here for.

That's who the character is period.
    That's the character that Kirby and Stan Lee created. The one that Christopher priest modernized and the one that hudlin despite his flaws empowered and emboldened on the grand stage. I was so excited to see where Redack was going to take that next if he got to write the solo.

Instead and since then

we've had to spend these last 6 years with a crew of Black literary writers w/ no appreciation for any of that work seeking to lessen the character in the eyes of his very own fans (a stated goal by the previous writer). It's Madness really
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-07-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Interesting to see a Wakanda series and a potential Okoye series. It would be cool to have Vibraxis appear in one of these projects.
    I personally hope they don't use anymore black panther characters and just start completely making things up without any reference to the comics whatsoever. Because the latter is pretty much what Ryan Coogler is going to have to do anyway if the titular character isn't involved in any of these stories.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

Marcus (the guy on the left) sums up the problem with modern Black Panther writers perfectly at 10:20.
    They make really good points, especially about how the reason gentle was in Krakoa was so he could look after Storm because T'Challa wants her safe. Otherwise. I don't agree with whatever they are saying that T'Challa was weak in the BP movie. They failed him by giving his scientific mind and his progressive nature to open Wakanda to side characters. But otherwise I say T'Challa was clearly the glue and the center that everything revolved around. But given he is gone, the issues are magnified. Everything else they have to say I agree with

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They make really good points, especially about how the reason gentle was in Krakoa was so he could look after Storm because T'Challa wants her safe. Otherwise. I don't agree with whatever they are saying that T'Challa was weak in the BP movie. They failed him by giving his scientific mind and his progressive nature to open Wakanda to side characters. But otherwise I say T'Challa was clearly the glue and the center that everything revolved around. But given he is gone, the issues are magnified. Everything else they have to say I agree with
    That’s disrespectful to Storm and completely unnecessary on T’Challa’s part lol. Why not just tell Ororo “Gentle’s here to learn with the X-Men but he’s also someone with a strong warrior spirit. He’s willing to give his life for you because you mean a lot to me.” Having Gentle act as a bodyguard on the low shows T’Challa doesn’t respect her enough to let her decide if that’s something she’d even want and feels like lying by omission just for the sake of it. Ain’t nothing wrong with spying on Krakoa or any other nation, T’Challa should own it because he was right to do it the same way Krakoa would be justified in trying to implant a spy in Wakanda. It’s geopolitics and national security, nothing personal, even if the two nations aren’t openly adversarial.

Also, I think people are overblowing the Jhai thing. That’s not something Marvel would casually roll out lol. There’d likely be leaks and promotional material out there because turning the premier black superhero bisexual/gay would be one of the biggest reveals in comic history. That’s not something you relegate to a sly reveal in a mid-selling comic, but who knows. I just think the Jhai thing is a symptom of the artificial stakes Ridley is trying to pump into this arc, the same way we’re supposed to be hype about the spy program.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s disrespectful to Storm and completely unnecessary on T’Challa’s part lol. Why not just tell Ororo “Gentle’s here to learn with the X-Men but he’s also someone with a strong warrior spirit. He’s willing to give his life for you because you mean a lot to me.” Having Gentle act as a bodyguard on the low shows T’Challa doesn’t respect her enough to let her decide if that’s something she’d even want and feels like lying by omission just for the sake of it. Ain’t nothing wrong with spying on Krakoa or any other nation, T’Challa should own it because he was right to do it the same way Krakoa would be justified in trying to implant a spy in Wakanda. It’s geopolitics and national security, nothing personal, even if the two nations aren’t openly adversarial.

Also, I think people are overblowing the Jhai thing. That’s not something Marvel would casually roll out lol. There’d likely be leaks and promotional material out there because turning the premier black superhero bisexual/gay would be one of the biggest reveals in comic history. That’s not something you relegate to a sly reveal in a mid-selling comic, but who knows. I just think the Jhai thing is a symptom of the artificial stakes Ridley is trying to pump into this arc, the same way we’re supposed to be hype about the spy program.
    I'm sorry, but at this point? I don't care if it's disrespectful to Storm. We have literally had 6+ years of BP writers disrespecting T'Challa to prop up Storm and having her be disrespectful to him.. The the when mauraders thing too. At this point idgaf. Hopefully now the relationship burns to the ground.

The Jhai thing may not be intentional, but Ridley is frakking it up bad. And the fact that people are going to that conclusion based on what T'Challa had said to Storm, it it wasn't the intention x just shows how ishtty a writer Ridley is, if it is the intention... Still it will show how ishtty he is because he was barely in #1 before getting blown up and we are supposed to believe this guy is THE guy, the one person T'Challa cared about more than anyone else. Nah man it's garbage

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

One hundred percent.

They go full marketing blitz for elseworld comics featuring LGBT that are new characters that will never been seen again.

They wouldn't have even been subtle if they were turning T'challa bisexual. It would have been a marketing blitz.

People also twisting the panel already... saying T'challa said "love" and not "care for" for some weird agenda stuff or straight paranoia.

Ridley just sucks at writing.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    One hundred percent.

They go full marketing blitz for elseworld comics featuring LGBT that are new characters that will never been seen again.

They wouldn't have even been subtle if they were turning T'challa bisexual. It would have been a marketing blitz.

People also twisting the panel already... saying T'challa said "love" and not "care for" for some weird agenda stuff or straight paranoia.

Ridley just sucks at writing.
    Frankly it was just a stupid issue all together and an even dumber panel. Ridley is going HARD trying to sell the notion that Jhais death meant something to T'Challa yet there's no reason to even care at all. He wants all the benefits with not even the the bare minimum of effort. Its just a slap to the face to characters that actually mean something to T'Challa to put jhai above them all.

Like, what did he do that was so monumental? Maybe if Ridley had Jhai be the person T'Challa could talk to after his dads death, maybe he became like the brother he lost when Klaw assassinated T'Chaka in Hudlins run and Jakarra got whacked too. MAYBE if he showed Jhai actually being around or took time to develop moment's and flashbacks that give us a reason to care it could be taken more seriously.

But as of now? It's ab ambiguous relationship that is contrived close brotherhood to borderline intimate relationship. Hell this ain't even the first issue folks have commented that T'Challa acts like he and Jhai were in a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Frankly it was just a stupid issue all together and an even dumber panel. Ridley is going HARD trying to sell the notion that Jhais death meant something to T'Challa yet there's no reason to even care at all. He wants all the benefits with not even the the bare minimum of effort. Its just a slap to the face to characters that actually mean something to T'Challa to put jhai above them all.

Like, what did he do that was so monumental? Maybe if Ridley had Jhai be the person T'Challa could talk to after his dads death, maybe he became like the brother he lost when Klaw assassinated T'Chaka in Hudlins run and Jakarra got whacked too. MAYBE if he showed Jhai actually being around or took time to develop moment's and flashbacks that give us a reason to care it could be taken more seriously.

But as of now? It's ab ambiguous relationship that is contrived close brotherhood to borderline intimate relationship. Hell this ain't even the first issue folks have commented that T'Challa acts like he and Jhai were in a relationship
    Show, don't tell, strikes again.

Ridley is trying to do too much at the same time so everything sucks lol.

How hard is it to add some flashbacks lol?

As it turns out Chadwick’s niece supports recasting based on lengthy conversations that Chadwick had with his siblings.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Too little too late unfortunately unless Marvel left themselves an out in the movie
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-08-2022 at 08:41 AM.