Page 397 of 955 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Tony invented Time Travel in one night lol. So I mean hahahha

The intergalactic story started bc T'challa went looking for it.

They've never really explained it.

I don't want another mound somewhere, it takes away from the uniqueness of Wakanda. So actually, go ahead, ain't nothign special about it anymore lol

I don't think it is the Pandemc all the way. Maybe a little becaue I could imagine disney pulling back to purse strings after getting annihilated with Covid with the parks. aka lost a lot of revenue.

But, simply, Marvel is doing too much. Too many movies + too many tv shows at the same time.

There are only so may special effects people. And they were overworked and underpaid before the pandemic and before disney plus. Now they have the same movie load... plus constant MCU and Star Wars shows going on.

It used to be two movies a year and then they went to three and they acted like that was "a lot". Now it is 3 movies + 3 tv shows. Corners have to be cut somewhere.
    Yea thats a good point. Grace Randolph said in regards to Thor that it seems like Marvel is just trying to mesh whatever spectacles they can together. As both Gorr/Might Thor storylines are fine/good but could have been better with more room to breathe.

It makes me think of BPWF where they are doing the Namor bits, but also doing the Riri stuff and all those other rumored shenanigans. Which might be really true.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yea thats a good point. Grace Randolph said in regards to Thor that it seems like Marvel is just trying to mesh whatever spectacles they can together. As both Gorr/Might Thor storylines are fine/good but could have been better with more room to breathe.

It makes me think of BPWF where they are doing the Namor bits, but also doing the Riri stuff and all those other rumored shenanigans. Which might be really true.
    I am not trying to criticize TOO much becaues I do enjoy the movies im caught up on and the shows I caught up on and it is easy to get in this negative nitpicking cycle of doom about entertainment...

BUT...

It does feel like MCU has gotten into this trap of doing waaaay too much in the time they have. Whether it is movie time or TV time. It almost feels like they are making movies for social media reaction vs "being good"

The stories just don't feel as tight as they should.

But, what do I know, MoM made 900+ and NWH made a billion so... i guess this is what hte people want?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Nah not yet. However, Eman's review is interesting...

Im starting to think the pandemic really impacted the quality of these phase 4 films. I know most here have checked out on BPWF. However, seems like people outside of here might want to temper expectations the way this phase is going.
    I hope he humbles them and makes them realize that this phase, along with trying to get rid of T'Challa is a bad idea and will bite them in the ass. Winston and Martin already said theres a gap felt with Chad's absence and that will absolutely transfer to the quality of the film. They are essentially going to try and make the sequel be something... Using characters with little to no development, ONTOP of introducing Namor and Riri so an already stacked cast??? Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah Snake Moore ain't it. He folds too easily. And I don't buy their Bullisht about not knowing that BP was going to be a mega hit. And when they did find out they had that rush job CGI add in of him punching out Black dwarf, pretty sure they could of not dusted T'Challa. And again when they knew BP was a massive hit, they could of added in the scene of Hulk throwing him at a Leviathan and him using the kinetic energy to drop it like we saw in those extras. They can miss me with the BS
    And even then it would’ve been relatively easy to work around Chadwick’s passing by setting WF during the blip but nope! You had to dust Shuri as well. Then again Nate was trying to plant the “it’s a mantle” BS in Ryan’s mind back when Chadwick was still alive.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I am not trying to criticize TOO much becaues I do enjoy the movies im caught up on and the shows I caught up on and it is easy to get in this negative nitpicking cycle of doom about entertainment...

BUT...

It does feel like MCU has gotten into this trap of doing waaaay too much in the time they have. Whether it is movie time or TV time. It almost feels like they are making movies for social media reaction vs "being good"

But, what do I know, MoM made 900+ and NWH made a billion so... i guess this is what hte people want?
    Yea. Just like you and others were saying years ago that they shouldnt go for a Namor in the 2nd movie. Just do a Achebe and keep it grounded so its focused on story. The Namor push was probably Feige/Nate Moore's idea to "keep up"

And yea Im not trying to be negative either. Cause I like the shows and the movies have been fine to me as well.

I hope he humbles them and makes them realize that this phase, along with trying to get rid of T'Challa is a bad idea and will bite them in the ass. Winston and Martin already said theres a gap felt with Chad's absence and that will absolutely transfer to the quality of the film. They are essentially going to try and make the sequel be something... Using characters with little to no development, ONTOP of introducing Namor and Riri so an already stacked cast??? Good luck
    I'll just say if BPWF is 2 hrs or under its going have some issues. You cant cover all that stuff + "honoring Boseman" in just 2hrs. It highkey needs to be 2hr 30 mins+

I liked DS2...but it was kind of a rushed mess. Enjoyable, but still a bit of a mess. Cramming a bunch of stuff for 2hrs might not be the best strategy for fans.

Ultimate Member

Nah not yet. However, Eman's review is interesting...

Im starting to think the pandemic really impacted the quality of these phase 4 films. I know most here have checked out on BPWF. However, seems like people outside of here might want to temper expectations the way this phase is going.
    Yeah, I think the pandemic actually did affect the movies.

My understanding is certain "brainstorming" meetings were completely shelved during the pandemic. A lot of stuff that was planned meticulously before changed.

Throw in the whole Disney+ thing and it looks like Marvel is really, really stretching themselves in ways they never had before. Thor Love and Thunder's marketing actually started unusually late (the new teasers are actually showing scenes with new FX compared to the first trailer). Reactions to Thor 4 seem fairly positive but there are some complaints about too much comedy and low stakes. No surprises there, the trailers look a little too silly for me.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-24-2022 at 06:39 AM.

Yea. Just like you and others were saying years ago that they shouldnt go for a Namor in the 2nd movie. Just do a Achebe and keep it grounded so its focused on story. The Namor push was probably Feige/Nate Moore's idea to "keep up"

And yea Im not trying to be negative either. Cause I like the shows and the movies have been fine to me as well.
    A grounded sequel would’ve been the ideal route for me as well. But I always had a feeling they were gonna do Namor sooner rather than later because so far Phase 4 films have had this “go big or go home” approach probably as a way to keep audiences coming back after Endgame.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

BUT...

A lot of the recent movies have felt kind of overstuffed to me but I guess as long as they do well at the box office...
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, I think the pandemic actually did affect the movies.

My understanding is certain "brainstorming" meetings were completely shelved during the pandemic. A lot of stuff that was planned meticulously before changed.

Throw in the whole Disney+ thing and it looks like Marvel is really, really stretching themselves in ways they never had before. Thor Love and Thunder's marketing actually started unusually late (the new teasers are actually showing scenes with new FX compared to the first trailer). Reactions to Thor 4 seem fairly positive but there are some complaints about too much comedy and low stakes. No surprises there, the trailers look a little too silly for me.
    So basically Ragnarok 2.0.

Incredible Member

I'll just say if BPWF is 2 hrs or under its going have some issues. You cant cover all that stuff + "honoring Boseman" in just 2hrs. It highkey needs to be 2hr 30 mins+

I liked DS2...but it was kind of a rushed mess. Enjoyable, but still a bit of a mess. Cramming a bunch of stuff for 2hrs might not be the best strategy for fans.
    Tbh I think BPWF will probably be the best phase 4 film so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And even then it would’ve been relatively easy to work around Chadwick’s passing by setting WF during the blip but nope! You had to dust Shuri as well. Then again Nate was trying to plant the “it’s a mantle” BS in Ryan’s mind back when Chadwick was still alive.
    Honestly I don't care that Shuri was dusted, he and Okoye should of been dusted which T'Challa was completely unprepared for. Thus driving home to his plans upon plans mode because he couldn't protect his sister or his general after feeling like he failed to protect his father 2 years prior. Which would of drove him to be more paranoid and never wanting that to happen again. I don't care about Shuri or Okoye development. Do that in the D+ show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Nah, not if it's a harrowing story like Dania said. No one wants to go to a movie and see depressing shit that happen on real-life be happening in a super hero fantasy movie. And that will hurt the rewatching power as well. It won't do as well as they hope

Nah, not if it's a harrowing story like Dania said. No one wants to go to a movie and see depressing shit that happen on real-life be happening in a super hero fantasy movie. And that will hurt the rewatching power as well. It won't do as well as they hope
    Definitely with you on the rewatch part. And it definitely won’t age well the further removed we get from Boseman’s death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Definitely with you on the rewatch part. And it definitely won’t age well the further removed we get from Boseman’s death.
    Bruh it hasn't aged well NOW and the movie hasn't even dropped yet (assuming they actually kill off T'Challa) and if they exploit his death or get called out by his family for exploiting his death that will make it 100X worse for Disney. I hope it does blow back on them (assuming he dies)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    It's going to be as depressing and as unentertaining as most Phase 4 output. (Except for Shang-Chi and Hopefully Thor Love & Thunder is at least as fun as Ragnarok.)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough