Page 411 of 955 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    All he has left is being Black panther and best believe they’re coming for that next.

Redjack telling stories about a depowered T’Challa teaching kids in New York and fighting crime would sell more than whatever wakanda/shuri book they’re gearing up to would so (if the timeless teaser didn’t exist) I wouldn’t be surprised if they kill him off
    I dunno, between the news with Chad's estate, the cast, and the realization everyday that a recast makes more and more sense, I feel a isht storm is coming Marvels way and they are about to get slammed

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno, between the news with Chad's estate, the cast, and the realization everyday that a recast makes more and more sense, I feel a isht storm is coming Marvels way and they are about to get slammed
    I hope so. Whenever wakanda forever comes up in forum discussions and videos, EVERYONE is saying they should have recast with no opposition other than the shuri fans that wanted her to take over from the start, which wasn’t the case last year. It’s night and day. Hopefully the synergy plans are binned
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 06-29-2022 at 10:25 AM.

mb, It’s been a while. Even so there’s no nuance. We aren’t shown the necessity alongside the repercussions and all the spies are bad mouthing him like he ruined their lives. It all just makes him look bad. Like mos said, Ridley could have shown them thwarting an attack on wakanda.

That’s what’s bugging me. Who is this for and why does it keep selling above cancellation numbers. It’s like Coates brought in a segment of fans that enjoy T’Challa being incompetent.
    Yeah I hear ya. And the thing is, even IF this has to be the intended outcome, T'Challa stepping down from leadership and everything crashing around him, it could of been done SO much better. The grey area, like MoS said could of been there. He still has to deal with the ramifications, but it's akin to Priest T'Challa, who even when stuff went to hell, he was still a badass, he wasn't completely in the wrong, and his method's produced RESULTS.

I don't think this book is actually doing that well. I t hi I k some people are waiting for it to end to drop off, others are being drawn in by variant covers and I think Marvel is also inflating sales by making comics book stores have to get a certain amount. But all the reviews for the book even from sites that use kid gloves are ishtting on this book

All he has left is being Black panther
    And what does that even mean anymore?

I mean really, what does it even mean?

Is he even an avatar of Bast anymore? She dipped out, then came back and they did not end on good terms at all.

He isn't king or emperor or whatever.

Is he even a protector of Wakanda at this point?

Being "black panther" is nothign but a black costume at this point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Is he even an avatar of Bast anymore? She dipped out, then came back and they did not end on good terms at all.

It means he gets to hold the suit till editorial gives it to Shuri and announces Eve Ewing or Vita Ayala as the new BP writer lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The xmen interaction was tame and just a retread. Ewings just working with continuity like he’s always done. Ridley is the one that created these "issues" kinda sad that Ewing has to entertain them.

T’Challa is stepping down from emperor. The formality of being king is gone, removed as leader of the Avengers… Where is Ridley going with this?
    the bp offices are writing tchalla in a really negative manner - not the xoffices this time - and I don't understand this for the life of me. even if synergy is the endgame, which im not convinced it is yet, why assassinate the character?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hilarious that they might try to put Shuri back in the suit when they already tried that before and it failed. They tried it twice, Kasper Cole before her and it failed too.

They think it will work this time because of Shuri's boost in stardom from the movie but they fail to realize a Shuri lead series wouldn't be interesting.

Because she'd just be a generic hero. People like T'Challa because of his unique traits, if you take that away and replace it with Shuri you just get quippy hero person #100. She's basically just be Spider-Man/Iron Heart with none of the **** that makes BP distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the bp offices are writing tchalla in a really negative manner - not the xoffices this time - and I don't understand this for the life of me. even if synergy is the endgame, which im not convinced it is yet, why assassinate the character?
    I'm reminded of this interview by Kelly Sue DeConnick on her Aquaman run where she states the reason she abolished the Atlantean monarchy and turned it into a democracy is because she found the idea of a monarchy "not politically correct". She doesn't think a kingdom is representative of modern American values so she changed it to a democracy cause "Murica, **** yeah, red, white, and blue!"

Which you can probably apply that logic here too. It's very likely that the writers on board don't like T'Challa because they find the idea of him being a heroic king offensive and "not representative of American values"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded of this interview by Kelly Sue DeConnick on her Aquaman run where she states the reason she abolished the Atlantean monarchy and turned it into a democracy is because she found the idea of a monarchy "not politically correct". She doesn't think a kingdom is representative of modern American values so she changed it to a democracy cause "Murica, **** yeah, red, white, and blue!"

Which you can probably apply that logic here too. It's very likely that the writers on board don't like T'Challa because they find the idea of him being a heroic king offensive and "not representative of American values"
    I would hope this isn't the case. I just find it odd when the the title character in his own book is being portrayed in a non redeeming fashion. it didn't make sense to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Right? Who's going to run Wakanda now? Or the space empire? Can't have Shuri be queen because they just made a big deal out of T'Challa leading, they have a prime minister already and I doubt they are going to make Shuri the PM either. Can't have space M'Baku run the empire because WGAF about it without T'Challa? Like, they continue to fail to realize that T'Challa I'd the only one in the franchise that sells. The franchise isn't big enough to support spin offs, and it never will be as long as they keep bringing these ain't isht writers on who drive people from the book. No one wants to read about their heroes failing for 7 years straight and not ever getting a triumphant Victory at the end by a lukewarm acceptance of whatever bullisht was going onto them

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would hope this isn't the case. I just find it odd when the the title character in his own book is being portrayed in a non redeeming fashion. it didn't make sense to me.
    I think it's a consequence of Marvel trying to appear more high-brow and progressive

Remember how in Jason Aaron's Jane Thor he tried to make the book as feminist as he possibly can. Up to turning Odin into the phsyical embodiment of the patriarchy stereotype where he's turned into a dumb screaming lumbering oath who can't accept the very idea of a female Thor, and is then replaced by his kinder and intelligent wife who turns Asgard into a better place by making it a matriarch.

T'Challa is stuck in a really hard place, as Marvel is currently pandering to all those Twitter hot takes who say "If Wakanda is so advanced why is it still a monarchy?" As well as high-class essay writers like Coates to make the medium appear more legitimate.

So the result is T'Challa being turned into a patsy for representation points, to appear more progressive and feminist. Notice how all the women around him are all portrayed as more capable, intelligent, and morally enlightened than T'Challa. So ths Black Panther franchise can look more high-brow cause its "critiquing" class, race, and tozic masculinity with T'Challa as the representation of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Basically since Chadwick died without a will, his wife is in charge of his estate and she agreed to split his wealth between her and Chadwick’s parents. The kicker is that Chadwick’s estate was only worth a mere $3-4 million dollars. And apparently $900k has already been spent on lawyers and legal fees.
    Something doesn't seem right. If he knew he was dying it seems he would've had a will, no? And I thought he'd have way more money than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hilarious that they might try to put Shuri back in the suit when they already tried that before and it failed. They tried it twice, Kasper Cole before her and it failed too.

They think it will work this time because of Shuri's boost in stardom from the movie but they fail to realize a Shuri lead series wouldn't be interesting.

Because she'd just be a generic hero. People like T'Challa because of his unique traits, if you take that away and replace it with Shuri you just get quippy hero person #100. She's basically just be Spider-Man/Iron Heart with none of the **** that makes BP distinctive.
    Which is why I hate the whole 'its a mantle' argument. Anyone can be Batman, Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevil, Thor, etc. It's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Something doesn't seem right. If he knew he was dying it seems he would've had a will, no? And I thought he'd have way more money than that.
    I don't think he "knew" he was dying, he probably thought he could actually beat it.

And he also probably figured he'd make more money with BP2-3+MCU appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    According to those close to him, he had faith that he was going to beat cancer and was going to prepare to get back in shape for Black Panther 2. It wasn’t until a week before he passed when the reality set in that he wasn’t going to make it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"