Page 425 of 955 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525925 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    My question to you guys is who is supposed to take up the black panther mantle Ryan coolger killed off everyone besides shuri. The actress that plays shuri doesn’t what to be the BP lol. I truly think there will be no BP in this movie. Everyone keep saying mantle but who supposed to take it lol
    Most popular rumor is that M'Baku will take over by the end of the movie and Winston did get a new contract with Marvel so it wouldn't be too surprising if it happens.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Most popular rumor is that M'Baku will take over by the end of the movie and Winston did get a new contract with Marvel so it wouldn't be too surprising if it happens.
    I do feel like M'Baku would prolly have the most interesting story as it would mean he has to learn to care more about than just the Jabari tribe and being Black Panther opens him up to the world in a way he never thought would happen.

Plus he is the closest in terms of technical counterpart to T'Challa and has the strongest right to the throne.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Goodness, there is a lot of stupid stuff being said in by the anti RecastTChalla people on twitter. They are trying to spin it as a gender war.

People are just asking for him to not be killed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Goodness, there is a lot of stupid stuff being said in by the anti RecastTChalla people on twitter. They are trying to spin it as a gender war.

People are just asking for him to not be killed.
    Of COURSE they are.

They want what someone else has bled and worked like crazy to build up and just HAND OVER to a female. Instead of doing the SAME thing with her.

Yes it's a battle and hard work. Wonder Woman is not where she is by taking stuff from Batman and Superman. Folks like George Perez put in that work to get her where she is now.

Same with Supergirl who they KILLED OFF and Peter David lead the way for her to return with his Matrix Supergirl run.

Squirrel Girl nor Ms Marvel took stuff away from a male to get popular. Nor Vampirella or Red Sonja.

That should be the same thing being done with Shuri is ALL forms of media.

I mean while Peter fans might not like the expansion of the Spider-Man brand but Disney has no issue swimming in that money he, Miles and the rest have bought.

Sometime BUSINESS sense has to kick in versus taking the easy way.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I think I actually started that rumor...

(Around here, anyway )

Recast movement has grown huge. T'challa trending and the anti-recast stay gaslighting

Ultimate Member

Marvel put themselves into a bind here.

The logical thing would have been to delay BP2, let everyone grief, take deep breaths and then recast.

As we get closer to BP 2, there’s going to be serious push back against the anti-recast school of thought. From a purely aesthetic perspective, it’s not a good look that Marvel’s most prominent black hero gets shelved because the actor playing him died. That’s completely maltreating the character and it beggars the question if they would have done that with a prominent white character after just one solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Of COURSE they are.

They want what someone else has bled and worked like crazy to build up and just HAND OVER to a female. Instead of doing the SAME thing with her.

Yes it's a battle and hard work. Wonder Woman is not where she is by taking stuff from Batman and Superman. Folks like George Perez put in that work to get her where she is now.

Same with Supergirl who they KILLED OFF and Peter David lead the way for her to return with his Matrix Supergirl run.

Squirrel Girl nor Ms Marvel took stuff away from a male to get popular. Nor Vampirella or Red Sonja.

That should be the same thing being done with Shuri is ALL forms of media.

I mean while Peter fans might not like the expansion of the Spider-Man brand but Disney has no issue swimming in that money he, Miles and the rest have bought.

Sometime BUSINESS sense has to kick in versus taking the easy way.
    Doing it that way, just handing the franchise over is how they kill franchises. Straight up. They are sending the franchise down a dangerous path. The only hope I'd if they make drastic changes like what happened to Thor with Rag being ba complete tonal changes from the first two movies.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

We do get middling installments, Thor: The Dark World and Black Widow anyone?

Plus the underwhelming response Eternals got actually lead to officials downplaying the importance of the Eternals in future films.

The Eternals is a pretty indicative case as that movie got a boatload of hype only for pre-release reception to wind up being surprisingly negative and lead to them doing some measure of damage control over it as an immediate response. Sure it wasn't necessarily terrible I guess but it was a very underwhelming film for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Recast movement has grown huge. T'challa trending and the anti-recast stay gaslighting
    Crazy how much things have changed in almost two years. Like I said, time wasn’t on Marvels side on this one.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Crazy how much things have changed in almost two years. Like I said, time wasn’t on Marvels side on this one.
    They will only change direction if Feige hires someone else to direct Black Panther 3 and I don't see him doing that.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I do feel like M'Baku would prolly have the most interesting story as it would mean he has to learn to care more about than just the Jabari tribe and being Black Panther opens him up to the world in a way he never thought would happen.

Plus he is the closest in terms of technical counterpart to T'Challa and has the strongest right to the throne.
    M’Baku being the Black Panther wouldn’t work because he worships an entirely different god. So if he were to become BP he’d have to forsake the god he already worships. This is the equivalent of someone in the military who’s Muslim and his friend is Christain, his friend dies in the line of duty and so the former decides in order to honor his friend he'll convert to Christianity.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    M’Baku being the Black Panther wouldn’t work because he worships an entirely different god. So if he were to become BP he’d have to forsake the god he already worships. This is the equivalent of someone in the military who’s Muslim and his friend is Christain, his friend dies in the line of duty and so the former decides in order to honor his friend he'll convert to Christianity.
    You'd be surprised how many times I've had to explain that to people IRL and they still don't get it. My favorite is "He can still worship his god and be the Black Panther!"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Marvel put themselves into a bind here.

The logical thing would have been to delay BP2, let everyone grief, take deep breaths and then recast.

As we get closer to BP 2, there’s going to be serious push back against the anti-recast school of thought. From a purely aesthetic perspective, it’s not a good look that Marvel’s most prominent black hero gets shelved because the actor playing him died. That’s completely maltreating the character and it beggars the question if they would have done that with a prominent white character after just one solo movie.
    I hate saying it, but I think its more that Coogler is one of those loyal to a fault guys. He passed up using his Creed cinematographer, whose excellent work got him the BP job because his Fruitivale Cinematographer missed out on the Creed job due to pregnancy, couldnt do BP unless he got some of his guys/girls (which did work out), the MBJ thing, and now probably just felt he couldnt do it without Boseman. Life he'd let his homeboy down by letting someone else take his place.

There are people who mindset can be very rigid. Especially if they've had previous success with that.

Throw in Non Controversial Nate errr Nate Moore. He probably wanted no smoke from recasting T'Challa when social media was loudest about not recasting.

Feige is a businessman. Whatever brings in the money he's good with. Things will only change on his end if they dont see the numbers they like. Coogler needs to get past his grief and Nate needs to wake the hell up.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-03-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hate saying it, but I think its more that Coogler is one of those loyal to a fault guys. He passed up using his Creed cinematographer, whose excellent work got him the BP job, couldnt do BP unless he got some of his guys/girls (which did work out), the MBJ thing, and now probably just felt he couldnt do it without Boseman. Life he'd let his homeboy down by letting someone else take his place.

There are people who mindset can be very rigid. Especially if they've had previous success with that.

Throw in Non Controversial Nate errr Nate Moore. He probably wanted no smoke from recasting T'Challa when social media was loudest about not recasting.

Feige is a businessman. Whatever brings in the money he's good with. Things will only change on his end if they dont see the numbers they like. Coogler needs to get past his grief and Nate needs to wake the hell up.
    So he is going to explain to Mickey Mouse why his business sense said do not recast.

Folks are NOT liking what they see with Namor. Are they trying for their version of Justice League trainwreck? Is it too late to get Ray Fisher in a cameo?