Page 427 of 955 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527927 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 14314
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If this son bs is true then I’m gonna be forever giving Coogler the side eye. And the biggest reason I’m opposed to it is because it’s going to significantly age the other characters by the time the kid is old enough to don the mantle. So Shuri? Middle aged (probably somewhere in her 30’s). Okoye? Old. Doctor Strange? Old. Shang-Chi? Old. Sam Wilson? Old. Reed Richards? Middle aged or old. And we’ll never see the bromance between him and T’Challa because my god, why would a grown ass man be friends with someone who’s young enough to be his own son. Just do a variant if we’re not gonna get an outright recast.

Tchalla son will be apart of the young avengers. So you’re right he’s not.

Believe me I want them to recast I hope I’m wrong. But my gut is saying that the son is coming. He will be aged up in bp2 age 10 bp3 he can be 14/15 and go on his walk about. Maybe fight mbaku to win back the mantle. Them casual would love that. Y’all know I’m a big storm tchalla fan but I hope she ain’t in this crap lol. But this is where Disney is going. a kid is middle ground and they can develop how they want to. The side characters can play their parts for a long time.

Or they can have a tchalla sitting in the tva jail he lost his kingdom to Namor in world 313 Loki or someone bring him to wakanda to fight for the mantle. 313 tchalla fights with a mask on. He wins and they said who are you and he says tchalla lololololol boom recast

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I have never posted in a Black Panther thread before this. I have always been a fan of the character in the comics and on film. Always watched these threads as just a viewer.

I will say I am seeing all the twitter stuff. Recast, dont recast. The part that is worry some is that the movie has already been made. It is going to make some people happy and it is going to piss some off. I am down the middle about how I feel about recasting. I mean Chadwick was perfect. How do you top that? You cant in my opinion. Black Panther/T'Challa is a HUGE character though. Do we really want to see the mantle passed on so quickly? I am not sure that is why I am typing here for the first time.

I really love Black Panther and I know so many of you do as well. I hope the movie give "most of us" a great bit of relief for what the plan is now and the plan going forward with the character.
    First off, welcome to the thread glad to see you posted and hope you stick around for awhile.

Here's what I have to say. When Chad passed, I was shocked and it sucked and it was devastating and at the same time crazy inspirational somewhat just how much Chad cared and what he did while battling cancer. However, from day one I was always on team recast. Why? Because of you watch all of Chad's interviews he always talked about creating more space for Black people
    He hated when people said he was the next Denzel or Sam Jackson because to him they were putting a cap on how many Black people were allowed to be successful.

He fought against that hard. He set up MBJ to take over his spot as Reggie in all my children, which is what kick started his career. That's the type of person Chad was. At no point did I ever think he would want Tchalla to die with him. In fact theres an interview out there, can't remember where I found it, where he talks about T'Challa and his importance and he says he wants the character or outlive us all.

So given how often he talked about setting up the next person to succeed him why would honoring Chad's legacy (another thing that kept coming to light was how much of a trailblazer he was) be to kill a character he suffered in silence with cancer for 4 year's to bring to the big screen?

You say Chad was perfect and how do you top that? By GIVING people a chance to have a take. Maybe they top him maybe they don't, it doesn't really matter though because even if they don't top him Chad will still be the OG and he will never be forgotten. How many batmen, Superman, Jokers or Bonds do we have? Of all of those how many topped the OG? I could argue a few have, but that doesn't take away from the OGs what so ever. There's talented actors out there who deserve a shot just like Chad did.

They should of waited. One expected the movie to stay on schedule, hell when news dropped and later when Feige made the announcement, Coogler wasn't even done with the script Covid was in full swing, and no one expected them to start filming. Nate Moore siad they decided in minutes no recast. They didn't give the crew time to breathe then they hooked fans by saying they are Honoring Chad by doing this even though it goes against everything he said and stood for in life which is backfiring as time goes on because it doesn't make any sense.

Don't kill T'Challa, don't exploit Chad's IRL death for profit, they can Recast him and should

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    First off, welcome to the thread glad to see you posted and hope you stick around for awhile.

Here's what I have to say. When Chad passed, I was shocked and it sucked and it was devastating and at the same time crazy inspirational somewhat just how much Chad cared and what he did while battling cancer. However, from day one I was always on team recast. Why? Because of you watch all of Chad's interviews he always talked about creating more space for Black people
    He hated when people said he was the next Denzel or Sam Jackson because to him they were putting a cap on how many Black people were allowed to be successful.

He fought against that hard. He set up MBJ to take over his spot as Reggie in all my children, which is what kick started his career. That's the type of person Chad was. At no point did I ever think he would want Tchalla to die with him. In fact theres an interview out there, can't remember where I found it, where he talks about T'Challa and his importance and he says he wants the character or outlive us all.

So given how often he talked about setting up the next person to succeed him why would honoring Chad's legacy (another thing that kept coming to light was how much of a trailblazer he was) be to kill a character he suffered in silence with cancer for 4 year's to bring to the big screen?

You say Chad was perfect and how do you top that? By GIVING people a chance to have a take. Maybe they top him maybe they don't, it doesn't really matter though because even if they don't top him Chad will still be the OG and he will never be forgotten. How many batmen, Superman, Jokers or Bonds do we have? Of all of those how many topped the OG? I could argue a few have, but that doesn't take away from the OGs what so ever. There's talented actors out there who deserve a shot just like Chad did.

They should of waited. One expected the movie to stay on schedule, hell when news dropped and later when Feige made the announcement, Coogler wasn't even done with the script Covid was in full swing, and no one expected them to start filming. Nate Moore siad they decided in minutes no recast. They didn't give the crew time to breathe then they hooked fans by saying they are Honoring Chad by doing this even though it goes against everything he said and stood for in life which is backfiring as time goes on because it doesn't make any sense.

Don't kill T'Challa, don't exploit Chad's IRL death for profit, they can Recast him and should
    Wow...

I totally agree with you. I do not want Black Panther to die. I want the character to be around forever.

You have changed my mind my friend. I agree to recast him. See this is why I posted here and now I have my answer.

Thank you so much. I hope this film brings much joy to fans. I really do.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So he is going to explain to Mickey Mouse why his business sense said do not recast.

Folks are NOT liking what they see with Namor. Are they trying for their version of Justice League trainwreck? Is it too late to get Ray Fisher in a cameo?
    The film hasn't come out yet. It's far too early to call this a bad business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...Naw. The "casuals" will see right through Marvel's apparent hatred of, specifically, black men and either call them out on it or just vote with their wallet and not see it if they do your scenario.
    I don't know. For casuals, this stuff is just disposable entertainment to keep them occupied for two hours or less. I have argued that T'Challa is nowhere near as unpopular among the mainstream as some think, but at the same time I don't think that will automatically translate to not wanting to see anyone else in the mantle. I think for them, they're just getting more Black Panther and that will be enough.

There are just so many ways for this to go. It's impossible to predict.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-04-2022 at 03:28 AM.

MCU as a whole will be rebooted by the time he's old enough to do anything. Which is probably the point. It matters that he'll exist not that he'll ever get a chance to do anything. So Marvel can pat themselves on the back and say they "honored" Chadwick Boseman.
    Fam they ain’t even close to doing the X-Men yet. I’d say it’ll be another 20 years before they hit the reboot button. And even then they can always do films set on alternate earths so I don’t think they’ll ever have to do a hard reboot. Heck after seeing the Batman I think a film about a T’Challa variant in his own earth can work.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know. For casuals, this stuff is just disposable entertainment to keep them occupied for two hours or less. I have argued that T'Challa is nowhere near as unpopular among the mainstream as some think, but at the same time I don't think that will automatically translate to not wanting to see anyone else in the mantle. I think for them, they're just getting more Black Panther and that will be enough.

There are just so many ways for this to go. It's impossible to predict.
    You missed the point of what I was saying, specifically the underlined. Its not about "not wanting to see anyone else in the mantle" per se, its about seeing another black man as Black Panther, even if it isn't T'challa (just as some folks want a recast, others think a variant is a nice middle ground). His son existing and "some day" being Black Panther is bs yet typical of what they tell people yearning for a black male hero. "Oh see we can't do it right now but its coming! Oh its coming!"

People think "casuals" are dumb as dirt. I think they're smarter than people, especially Feige, give them credit for, will recognize them going to same old playbook, and say enough is enough with their wallet.

Fam they ain’t even close to doing the X-Men yet. I’d say it’ll be another 20 years before they hit the reboot button. And even then they can always do films set on alternate earths so I don’t think they’ll ever have to do a hard reboot.
    So me even giving the MCU a backhanded benefit of the doubt doesn't work, since I forgot about X-Men. Doggone it. But they'll still pat themselves on the back saying "just wait!" and "We honored Chadwick!"

Heck after seeing the Batman I think a film about a T’Challa variant in his own earth can work.
    A BP variant on his own Earth has a looottt of potential...

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Nate Moore is such a marching orders guy.

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ Val is “in a way taking the reins from #NickFury,” confirms #MarvelStudios producer Nate Moore:

“You're talking about a new leader, to some degree, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe…” Full quote:

A BP variant on his own Earth has a looottt of potential...
    Not to toot my own horn but I wrote a blog post on how they could go about that idea.
    https://johnslair.blogspot.com/2022/....html?spref=tw
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I haven't been to a Black Panther thread since Coates' first volume. For my thoughts on this BP2 situation, everyone was up in their feelings when Chadwick Boseman passed and somehow Marvel/Disney thought it was a good idea to take advice from TWITTER of all places and now they're in this situation.

As a fan of T'Challa thanks to F4, Avengers and his own book I want to see T'Challa stay on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Goodness, there is a lot of stupid stuff being said in by the anti RecastTChalla people on twitter. They are trying to spin it as a gender war.

People are just asking for him to not be killed.
    I honestly want to see these tweets for a laugh.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

If this son bs is true then I’m gonna be forever giving Coogler the side eye. And the biggest reason I’m opposed to it is because it’s going to significantly age the other characters by the time the kid is old enough to don the mantle. So Shuri? Middle aged (probably somewhere in her 30’s). Okoye? Old. Doctor Strange? Old. Shang-Chi? Old. Sam Wilson? Old. Reed Richards? Middle aged or old. And we’ll never see the bromance between him and T’Challa because my god, why would a grown ass man be friends with someone who’s young enough to be his own son. Just do a variant if we’re not gonna get an outright recast.
    Unless Coogler reveals T’Challa Jr. was born when T’Challa and Nakia first got together he can’t be introduced as anything older than 8. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense with the timeline. BP3 is probably 3-4 years away, meaning by the end of the trilogy he’ll be at most 12 which is still several years away from being a convincing Black Panther, let alone being paired with Storm, who will probably be introduced around that time in her early 20s.

Unless they do some time warping stuff, which I don’t see them doing because it makes the character seem even more forced than he already is and makes him more unrelatable. I don’t see them stealing away the kid’s childhood when they’ve never done that with any other kid in the MCU, that kind of stuff gets maligned across fiction for good reason, including the comics.

I don’t know what they end up doing with the kid but even if they fast track his path to taking the mantle it’s well over 6 years away. With how the rapidly the landscape of the MCU is set to change and Coogler’s own tendency to make shit up for BP I don’t see any reason why they’d make T’Challa Jr. like the T’Challa we have in the comics. This is his license to do whatever he wants to an even greater degree than what he did with Boseman’s character, I expect T’Challa Jr. to have an entirely different name and arc tailored to what Coogler and Feige want.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-04-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I haven't been to a Black Panther thread since Coates' first volume. For my thoughts on this BP2 situation, everyone was up in their feelings when Chadwick Boseman passed and somehow Marvel/Disney thought it was a good idea to take advice from TWITTER of all places and now they're in this situation.

As a fan of T'Challa thanks to F4, Avengers and his own book I want to see T'Challa stay on the big screen.

Exactly.

I don’t know why corporations are taking Twitter activity to be a sample of the majority of public opinion.

That thinking is why Morbius got re-released and flopped again. These companies need to realize that most people simply aren’t on Twitter nor are the opinions shared there reflective of what the general public feels. As a wise man once said “Twitter isn’t a real place”.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I’m not sure how much this was motivated by Twitter versus the cast’s own discomfort at replacing their friend. For fans T’Challa is just an iconic role that we wanna see done justice, but for Coogler and the rest of the crew Boseman was a close co-worker and leader that’s probably difficult to make a movie without.

Based off interviews, it seems the decision to not recast was made almost as soon as they heard Boseman passed, before they looked at the anti-recasting comments online. I’m sure online discussion a couple months after Boseman’s death helped validate that decision but I have a hard time believing it was the main factor.

Not to toot my own horn but I wrote a blog post on how they could go about that idea.
    https://johnslair.blogspot.com/2022/....html?spref=tw
    Not bad, and Y'lan is at the top of my list of folks to play T'challa (recast or variant), too. I'd have Klaw the villain for the first movie, Kiber for the second, still thinking on who could be in the third.

Oh Marvel will never do it cause nothing about it says T'challa would take constant L's, but its fun to imagine what could be.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Wow...

I totally agree with you. I do not want Black Panther to die. I want the character to be around forever.

You have changed my mind my friend. I agree to recast him. See this is why I posted here and now I have my answer.

Thank you so much. I hope this film brings much joy to fans. I really do.
    You will find that on this thread, the majority of us genuinely care about educating and and explaining is constructive feedback about WHY we feel the way we do. It's not just "Ra Ra recast T'Challa!" There's thought behind it.

I'm glad I was able to give you a answer you were seeking. I hope you continue to stick around and provide your thoughts and input.

The only way this film can provide joy, IMHO would be for it to take place during the Blip, or to not directly show T'Challa die. They can give themselves an option. Yes we can get a variant but to me that still cuts Chads T'Challa short and leaves his character arc incomplete