Page 433 of 955 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533933 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 14314

Don't forget how "Wakandan exceptionalism" is at the root of all their problems...

"Just because we're one of the (if not the) most advanced countries in the world, and were unconquered for centuries doesn't mean we're actually SPECIAL!"

And if the sleeper agents in other countries are such a dig deal it threatens to destroy the stabilization of wakanda then why haven't we seen any other countries retaliating or anything. Why is it only creating internal conflict when the sleep agents are in other countries. I mean the head of sol was easier on Tchalla than the people of wakanda which would have in some ways benefitted from the sleeper program, so why they mad? can someone make it make sense...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay so this book has offically jumped the shark. The only reason AKill had power is because the prime minister gave it to him but now all of a sudden when he son's up on her she is "oh no do you." and then wants to blame Tchalla in the next scene like where those troops you had at the ready to hunt down tchalla. Then the only reason the democracy is about to fall is because of the actual people who are running it. Also when your in a room and you call your self the good person blood being spilled i really start to question the narrative of the overall story.

Then that's not even touching on Tchalla voice isn't even consistent with the story arc. How does he go from i am wakanda, nothing has really changed at least from his perspective but now all of a sudden he is not king, could never be king, and will never be king again. And the begging? omg, yeah i stick by what i said earlier burn wakanda and be done with it. This was like a complete 180 in voices.
    Story telling wise... this is happening because..... T'challa's friend died?

The spies have literally had no bearing on Wakanda at all. It isn't like they were "found out" and now there is tons of political pressure on Wakanda, Wakanda is in danger because of it, sanctions, war, whatever. The Wakandan people haven't been affected at all.

This plot really went from, "oh shit, we might have a traitor that kills my spies and friend" to "well I guess that means we will have a civil war" because... ???????????

Like what the hell even happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates somewhere lurking this thread and seeing your post
    I think Coates generally just didn't get the character at all and let his own innate pessimism seep into his writing. Plus a dose of just being bad at writing fiction.

Ridley feels like a well placed plant with a specific goal in mind: get T'challa out of the way before the movie so we can pivot.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And if the sleeper agents in other countries are such a dig deal it threatens to destroy the stabilization of wakanda then why haven't we seen any other countries retaliating or anything. Why is it only creating internal conflict when the sleep agents are in other countries. I mean the head of sol was easier on Tchalla than the people of wakanda which would have in some ways benefitted from the sleeper program, so why they mad? can someone make it make sense...
    Near as I can figure, the theme of this run is:

Monarchy sucks! Democracy sucks! Old people suck! The only way forward is via angry young millennials with complicated haircuts!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "we will never again live under his shadow"

Somehow, Marvel Writers have convinced themselves that T'challa is Dr. Doom.

Just goes to show how little anyone at Marvel thinks of T'challa. They would never refer to their other big characters like that. Ever.

And this is supposed to make people BUY the comics? Acting like T'challa is a dictator?
    In fairness, that line is also followed by " he doesn't want you to".

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Near as I can figure, the theme of this run is:

Monarchy sucks! Democracy sucks! Old people suck! The only way forward is via angry young millennials with complicated haircuts!
    Hey that's not fair.

The haircuts aren't that complicated.

Astonishing Member

What in the actual heck is with repeated portrayals of T’Challa as a man with the competence and popularity of Nicholas II circa January 1917?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    What in the actual heck is with repeated portrayals of T’Challa as a man with the competence and popularity of Nicholas II circa January 1917?
    They are "honoring Chadwick's memory"?

Ridley had the PM give herself emergency powers, take control of the Hatute Zeraze from Akili and gives him orders to kill T'Challa.

This issue she tells Akili that she's taking away his emergency powers and tells him that he can't just kill T'Challa.

Did Ridley forget what he wrote?

At this point the franchise is going to need another Hudlin to come in and push the reset button to erase all this ish.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-06-2022 at 05:47 AM.

To give you an idea of how bad it is, this is most of the penultimate page (no real spoilers):

Ok now I’m convinced that those delays were so Ridley could drastically rewrite the story to align with the movie because wtf is this shit?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Ridley had the PM give herself emergency powers, take control of the Hatute Zeraze from Akili and gives him orders to kill T'Challa.

This issue she tells Akili that she's taking away his emergency powers and tells him that he can't just kill T'Challa.

Did Ridley forget what he wrote?

At this point the franchise is going to need another Hudlin to come in and push the reset button to erase all this ish.
    He's literally a worse story teller than Coates.

I just threw up in my mouth typing that.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ok now I’m convinced that those delays were so Ridley could drastically rewrite the story to align with the movie because wtf is this shit?
    That’s the conclusion I’m reaching. This was supposed to be a superhero spy thriller but it devolved into another civil war with the sole purpose of removing T’Challa from his status quo. The delays were probably done to rewrite things to match the MCU’a direction since I refuse to believe Ridley is such a bad writer that the main villain of the first few issues, the assassins, would be forgotten.

He hasn’t even done the bare minimum of revealing the Hatut Zeraze are behind the killings lol. It’s like two separate stories were mashed together by editorial and the creatives couldn’t find a way to make it cohesive. But the effect is still the same, T’Challa will likely be out of Wakanda permanently before either heroically sacrificing himself or leaving Earth entirely to set up the next few years of pushing the OCs.

Ultimate Member

To give you an idea of how bad it is, this is most of the penultimate page (no real spoilers):

Beg for help???

Where was the black excellence gang from BP #25 with folks we have seen since like both Patriots and Prodigy?
    Where is nephew from Ms Marvel and Vibrarus at?
    Where is Hunter?
    This was black male bashing 101.

I mean, this is a master class in "Giving a finger to fans."
    No we got that 7 years ago.

This just makes you appreciate guys like Priest, McDuffie, Hudlin (to a point) and Redjack even more.
    Along with books like Excellence, Bitter Root, Shadow Man, Milestone, Lion Forge, Savage Dragon (as nutty as that book is), Spawn and every other book with a black male lead that is NOT a train wreck.

And opens the eyes of everyone-this is what you are doing to a billion dollar and Oscar winning character.
    This is the guy that made a billion and won 3 Oscars and the only black character among the big two with 200+ solo issues.
    This is what you do.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They are "honoring Chadwick's memory"?
    It's kind of eerie that the artist really tried to make T'Challa look like Chadwick in a few panels.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s the conclusion I’m reaching. This was supposed to be a superhero spy thriller but it devolved into another civil war with the sole purpose of removing T’Challa from his status quo. The delays were probably done to rewrite things to match the MCU’a direction since I refuse to believe Ridley is such a bad writer that the main villain of the first few issues, the assassins, would be forgotten.

He hasn’t even done the bare minimum of revealing the Hatut Zeraze are behind the killings lol. It’s like two separate stories were mashed together by editorial and the creatives couldn’t find a way to make it cohesive. But the effect is still the same, T’Challa will likely be out of Wakanda permanently before either heroically sacrificing himself or leaving Earth entirely to set up the next few years of pushing the OCs.
    All I can hope for is that he heads up into space when this is all done and not get killed off. And we’ll see how long those oc books last before they all inevitably tank. Marvel is gonna be in for a rude awakening if they think comic fans will just eat up anything they throw at them like MCU fans.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"