Page 437 of 955 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 14314
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    So after 4 or 5 years of Coates' deconstruction of BP, Ridley looked at the book and decided...to deconstruct him again. I don't think I've ever seen a back to back deconstruction like this before, but I'm sure it's happened. The question needs to be asked, exactly whom is this book written for? The people who just watch the movies by and large don't read comics, so not for them, it clearly doesn't appeal to the people who post here, even the Storm fans are probably getting tired of this back and forth (seriously, end it already, give the man a new love interest!) I'm guessing its written for the media class, the ones who hype up each others projects because and they get a lot of press, but no one really watches them. A good example being Lovecraft Country, it was highly lauded by critics, but barely anyone watched it. It only lasted one season.

I admit my curiosity has gotten the better of me, who looks at a book like this, where the main character gets dragged through the mud month after month to lift up the side characters, and decides to keep reading it?
    That's the very big question..who exactly is this book directed at?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

John Campea just called not having T'Challa in the movie "Brain dead and dopey decision to not have the main character in the movie"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I still say US exceptionalism is partly at fault here

T'Challa is evil cause he's a king and not a "DEMOCRACTIC MAN CAUSE THE US DEMOCRACY IS THE GREATEST GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD, THE US RULES, USA, USA, USA ALL HAIL AMERICA!!!!!!"

Incredible Member

Yoooooo that woman king trailer looks awesome. I'll be seeing it multiple times coz I sure ain't seeing Wack-anda forever. Also, Boyega has a great African voice (Yoruba ogas usually do). He'd definitely make a good T'Challa. He's also leaned out and usnt as stocky as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I still say US exceptionalism is partly at fault here

T'Challa is evil cause he's a king and not a "DEMOCRACTIC MAN CAUSE THE US DEMOCRACY IS THE GREATEST GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD, THE US RULES, USA, USA, USA ALL HAIL AMERICA!!!!!!"
    And right when the USA is on the verge of going back to the 1950’s thanks to the Supreme Court. The irony of it all.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Yoooooo that woman king trailer looks awesome. I'll be seeing it multiple times coz I sure ain't seeing Wack-anda forever. Also, Boyega has a great African voice (Yoruba ogas usually do). He'd definitely make a good T'Challa. He's also leaned out and usnt as stocky as before.
    He’d make a great voice actor for T’Challa no doubt.

EDIT: We’ll T’Challa kinda looks like Boyega in the Avengers game so I guess it could work. Lol. 72764746-2522-43E1-BE78-BA561FFD0259.jpg
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 07-06-2022 at 12:09 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

And as expected Tosin is an unlikable jackass.

His entire character is basically invoking No True Scottsman where he brags about how he's more Wakandan than anyone.

Okay does Ridley no know the kind of people who would make such statements? The kind of people of people who go "You are not a real American, I am".

Ring any bells?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Yes let's go see a movie about some of the most Successful slave traders during the Alantic Slave trade ��.. Americans romanticizing certain parts of African history cracks me up
    Last edited by Dariel81; 07-06-2022 at 12:28 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Welcome to what Cyborg and John Stewart fans have dealt with without the pushing of others.
    You capping if you think Victor and John get treated this bad. Worse that happened to Vic was in Academy.

Storm, Luke Cage and Monica eating better than T'Challa right now.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Yes let's go see a movie about some of the most Successful slave traders during the Alantic Slave trade ��.. Americans romanticizing certain parts of African history cracks me up
    I'd rather watch Africans trading slaves and being badass than seeing another film about blacks being the victims of slavery under the persecution of white folks. Black Panther 2 comes out 2 months after, you can go and watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    John Campea just called not having T'Challa in the movie "Brain dead and dopey decision to not have the main character in the movie"
    In other news, the sky is blue.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Mighty Member

I am not tech or social savvy. Does anyone have a way we can collectively sign a response to Marvel about this bullshit besides dropping the book? Like all of us on this board, on the same day, digitally signed or something?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I am not tech or social savvy. Does anyone have a way we can collectively sign a response to Marvel about this bullshit besides dropping the book? Like all of us on this board, on the same day, digitally signed or something?
    Won't matter because trade sales will make up it.

Even if sales go out-like under Coates-WE will get blamed for it.

Because we DARE to now accept crap without going to the levels of toxic behavior that we have seen.

We are suppose to accept crap and scraps because better black lead books NOT bearing a DC or Marvel logo don't matter. Nevermind Spawn and House of Slaughter buried every black lead book at Marvel in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And what’s crazy is T’Challa was forcefully stated not to be king at the very beginning of this arc lol. T’Challa was already a figurehead ruler in an advisory capacity so what does him saying he won’t be king anymore actually mean now? The throne meant nothing when this run started and it meant nothing throughout this entire arc, he was a glorified spy this entire time so what actually changes, how could Marvel make it any more clearer that they hate T’Challa being king and don’t want him to have anything to do with Wakanda?

Seems like a complete retread of Coates’ “no one man” BS but at least Coates had a man to actually deconstruct lol.
    I think they made it clear before this run.

Think about It. Coates was given free reign to write the BP solo, right as T'Challa was blowing up in the MCU and what does he do? Tells a deconstruction story about how much T'Challa sucks and doesn't want to be King, turns him into a figurehead and then continues to isht on him and give him no power. This CONTINUES while Chad is blowing it up in BP.

Now Chad's gone and what do they do? They double down on no more king and take EVERYTHING from T'Challa. While ishtting on him HARDER than ever and now T'Challa is begging for help, begging for forgiveness, and is broken now more than ever. Funnily Shuri just 2 issues again was bragging to Omolola how T'Challa isnt just a man and is just as dangerous in the suit as he is out of it and nowhere is so broken and must sit on his hands while the (surprise surprise) female cast does the heavy lifting. IDGAF about Tosin. He is isht. A garbage character just like Omolola, Jhai, the MA, Folasade, all these characters are absolute garbage and I miss T'Challas REAL cast. This new generation of OCs can all meet the same fate as comics W'Kabi and Zuri...

Incredible Member

Well just it’s official

They have a new comic book on how someone else will run the nation with out tchalla being there. Now everything makes sense. It’s all to build of for the movie that probably why John book is written horribly he probably had to change alot of things