Page 458 of 955 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 14314
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Your saying Killswitch hinted at killing the PM. Nothing about that scene points to that being the case at all. That's your opinion and nothing else. Your filling in the gaps on something we likely won't get an answer to. In the context he says it could sound treacherous but that can mean a variety of things, but nowhere did it state it meant killing the PM or ruling government, ESPECIALLY since it was created years prior while T'Challa had absolute authority
    So why do you suppose TChalla stated that explaining Killswitch would seem treacherous.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Women being cold is different according to the people making the movie. It show them with confidences I guess. Trust me when I take my girls to Disneyland the last thing they want to see is the Dora lol. I have season passes.

Tchalla coming off cold is something the mcu don’t want and the people working on tchalla or anything wakanda doesn’t like a cold tchalla.
    Okaaaaay, but T'Challa crying, pleading, and begging like a broke slave seems to be accepted narrative for him? Sounds about right. Strong proud, and unbowed is a no no. Weeping, begging, or happy toe tappy black man is a win win??? Where have we heard this before. Just can't wait to see bojangles Blade, flash his pearly whites and sing to vamps before unaliving them! On a wild side note upon second reading of what we have so far did anyone get the slight hint at a vibe that T'Challa might have more than friend/brother from this random spy dude that was killed?? Is it just me...??

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Isn't that bad for an MCU movie or am I misremembering?

EDIT: it is bad for an MCU movie
    I do believe if they correctly put the movie off for another year (instead of filming in 2021) Feige would force them to change things. Even if after their grief they still didnt want to recast T'Challa he'd make it a point now that they must. Really successful movie people dont like taking too many L's (critically) in a row.

And there's no guarantee you can count on The Marvels or Peyton Reed making Ant Man 3 to be hits as well.

T'Challa + the talented crew would have made Wakanda Forever an automatic win. Now with all the script changes there's a chance it could be messy like most of phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I do believe if they correctly put the movie off for another year (instead of filming in 2021) Feige would force them to change things. Even if after their grief they still didnt want to recast T'Challa he'd make it a point now that they must. Really successful movie people dont like taking too many L's (critically) in a row.

And there's no guarantee you can count on The Marvels or Peyton Reed making Ant Man 3 to be hits as well.

T'Challa + the talented crew would have made Wakanda Forever an automatic win. Now with all the script changes there's a chance it could be messy like most of phase 4.
    I've been under the impression for a while now that the MCU has felt a little directionless since Endgame. Even if they do have a plan for Phase 4 (and possibly Phase 5), defeating Thanos was SUCH a big deal that even the possible threat of Kang feels very "so what"?

For a while, I thought the Disney+ shows would be picking up the slack, but other than Moon Knight (which is barely IN the MCU) they haven't really wowed me. Is it fatigue? Oversaturation of the market? Or just Feige & co. losing their touch? I honestly can't say, but there's nothing coming out (including BP:WF) that I am particularly excited to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Isn't that bad for an MCU movie or am I misremembering?

EDIT: it is bad for an MCU movie
    Huh, seems like a (unfortunate) trend.

But I wonder if they won't care so long as the box office is good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    For a while, I thought the Disney+ shows would be picking up the slack, but other than Moon Knight (which is barely IN the MCU) they haven't really wowed me. Is it fatigue? Oversaturation of the market? Or just Feige & co. losing their touch? I honestly can't say, but there's nothing coming out (including BP:WF) that I am particularly excited to see.
    If Phase 4 was nothing but X-Men-most of these complaints would not exist.

It's not losing your touch when you use folks like Eternals who have gotten NOTHING or America that had little to begin with.

It's on thing to use Antman & Rocket Raccoon when you have Thor and the gang around.

It's another thing when it's Moon Knight and She Hulk surrounded by folks like Eternals.

A lesson Marvel s really going to learn with Black Panther WF. T'Challa had all the stuff not the others.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I've been under the impression for a while now that the MCU has felt a little directionless since Endgame. Even if they do have a plan for Phase 4 (and possibly Phase 5), defeating Thanos was SUCH a big deal that even the possible threat of Kang feels very "so what"?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If Phase 4 was nothing but X-Men-most of these complaints would not exist.

It's not losing your touch when you use folks like Eternals who have gotten NOTHING or America that had little to begin with.

It's on thing to use Antman & Rocket Raccoon when you have Thor and the gang around.

It's another thing when it's Moon Knight and She Hulk surrounded by folks like Eternals.

A lesson Marvel s really going to learn with Black Panther WF. T'Challa had all the stuff not the others.
    Yea its undercutting the importance of T'Challa, but also underestimating the resonance of T'Challa.

Even with my qualms of Civil War people really loved him in that movie. In Endgame people went crazy when he walked out of the portal.

We've seen zero signs of Shuri or whoever being worthy. It really is wild to think they could even attempt to make/promote this movie without the main character. It does signify just how great the supporting cast was in the 1st movie and maybe the cache of Marvel to think they could pull it off. However, as you said they are finding out that branding truly matters.

Those No Way Home trailers werent great. I'd argue the movie is just pretty good. However, people wanted to see Peter Parker SPIDER-MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Facts. What I personally believe is that they have some men hating women working on this movie. They are truty convinced that shuri or whoever side character they pick to take over the franchise and everything will be okay. It will all back fire. She basically said we are not going to disappoint and we got this.

It’s like what do y’all got. This BP movie will humble them.I believe They don’t understand tchalla character at all.

From what I seen online the people that dislike him in the comics said he’s to cold and a AHole doesn’t care about his people and so on. They feel like shuri and wakanda can run it better then tchalla.

That’s what basically happening right now…. ALSO we haven’t seen anything about Nakia
    There are plenty of man hating men around this character's franchise as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I have zero faith that any of the four she named even understands the complaint let alone the solution.

The interaction is cordial because it's not personal they just shouldn't be handling the source material that they have been blessed with. They didn't value it before they had it and they still don't

Her first response to the guy above me was the focus of the race of the people involved which is all they care about. They are making a black movie and they think that that's all that's required of them and all to be celebrated when Black Panther has always been so much more
    Gotta say, I usually try not to use Twitter too much and won't get into liss contest but.my man Ekie you spitting facts, and call out the BS

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Did I just see "phat" in a Black Panther book?

Lmao which book?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So why do you suppose TChalla stated that explaining Killswitch would seem treacherous.
    Because the actions taken could be seen as treasonous,, and there are a variety of things or could be. Doesn't mean it meant kill the PM especially since the program existed YEARS before Wakanda was a democracy, when T'Challa was long with absolute rule. Wouldn't make sense to have a program try and kill himself. Now if this program was created shortly after the change to democracy then yea it would have more weight. Fact still remains we don't know what it means and won't ever likely because to Ridley it's not important WHY T'Challa is villified, as long as he is any throwaway line will do. Issue 6 or 7 could of explained what it was since he was coming clean about wanting to Ultimately save Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Yea its undercutting the importance of T'Challa, but also underestimating the resonance of T'Challa.

Even with my qualms of Civil War people really loved him in that movie. In Endgame people went crazy when he walked out of the portal.

We've seen zero signs of Shuri or whoever being worthy. It really is wild to think they could even attempt to make/promote this movie without the main character. It does signify just how great the supporting cast was in the 1st movie and maybe the cache of Marvel to think they could pull it off. However, as you said they are finding out that branding truly matters.

Those No Way Home trailers werent great. I'd argue the movie is just pretty good. However, people wanted to see Peter Parker SPIDER-MAN.
    Here is what is funny...

The YA market is marketing Shuri as her own person. The reaction to those books shows Shuri building her own brand to stand side by side with T'Challa.

The supporting cast did their jobs and if we were talking a Disney+ mini series that spotlights each-that would be fine. At least then you are trying to build them up as their own folks.

They probably should have done to this movie what Star Trek did in the 70s. Only in reverse.

Star Trek TMP started as a tv series and then got turned into a movie.

BPWF should have been turned into a 13 episode series that lead up to another movie.

Set it during the blip and to HONOR Chad-reference things that made BP important to Wakanda.

A comment here and there about his influence. Show some stuff that he was working on. Show that kid from the first movie. Panther is dusted and he pulls a Miles Morales and gets noticed by Wakanda.

IGNORE that Shuri was dusted because the movie never explains how Okeye is with them when they reappear.

Im 100% convinced Feige thought Dr. Strange 2 with Sam Raimi directing and Thor Love & Thunder with Waititi returning would be absolute hits. So if Ryan wanted to do no T'Challa and it backfired it would be ok. Cause the other films are so well loved.

He's probably sweating bullets in that edit room.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okaaaaay, but T'Challa crying, pleading, and begging like a broke slave seems to be accepted narrative for him? Sounds about right. Strong proud, and unbowed is a no no. Weeping, begging, or happy toe tappy black man is a win win??? Where have we heard this before. Just can't wait to see bojangles Blade, flash his pearly whites and sing to vamps before unaliving them! On a wild side note upon second reading of what we have so far did anyone get the slight hint at a vibe that T'Challa might have more than friend/brother from this random spy dude that was killed?? Is it just me...??
    Never got those undertones until posters' here started commenting about it. The whole thing was written so amateurishly that I'm not surprised that ppl came to that conclusion because the way Ridley kept repeatedly going back to it anyone would wonder ok - where was he going with this never existed best friend? There had to be more to them than just best friends.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

Im 100% convinced Feige thought Dr. Strange 2 with Sam Raimi directing and Thor Love & Thunder with Waititi returning would be absolute hits. So if Ryan wanted to do no T'Challa and it backfired it would be ok. Cause the other films are so well loved.

He's probably sweating bullets in that edit room.
    He's not. Because he can toss out excuses like Covid and inflation.

However that only got movies leading up to Thor L&W. Even then you have to ask if that was the case explain No Way Home and Top Gun and now Minions. People ignored COvid and inflation to see those movies.