Page 462 of 955 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I saw a sign at the theaters while going to see Thor 4. Instead of excitement, all i got was dread.
    Bruh, i saw the trailer for Black Adam and didn't immediately pick up what it was

saw the obviously copied scene with the jet and my stomach dropped and I was like "wait did the WF trailer come out? Dont do this to me..."

It was nothing but dread until I realized what I was watching.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Thanks Marvel. For telling us without telling us. T'Challa being served on a silver platter to complete your phase arc.
    MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    #MarvelStudios producer Richie Palmer has agreed that the central theme of the #MCU's Phase 4 is "guilt and consequence":

"[Phase 4] is a reaction to the trauma of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame..." Full quote:
    I can already see Wakanda Forever being about Shuri's guilt for not saving T'Challa, smh
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Bruh, i saw the trailer for Black Adam and didn't immediately pick up what it was

saw the obviously copied scene with the jet and my stomach dropped and I was like "wait did the WF trailer come out? Dont do this to me..."

My bro when you watch the trailer on youtube accidentally
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-10-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    17 minutes to say "Ridley wants the focus on his pet OC?"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Credit to Black Adam at least it has Dwayne Johnson so it probably will be entertaining.

I don't think he's ever made a boring movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    17 minutes to say "Ridley wants the focus on his pet OC?"
    Wait what was Tosin's people doing with that block of Vibranium that apparently impressed Shuri so much for how "impossible it is"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Credit to Black Adam at least it has Dwayne Johnson so it probably will be entertaining.

I don't think he's ever made a boring movie.
    I'm guessing you never watched Tooth Fairy.

Wait what was Tosin's people doing with that block of Vibranium that apparently impressed Shuri so much for how "impossible it is"?
    Turning it into a spa bath, apparently.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There's nothing to concede. Again, your putting your assumptions of what it means when nothing has been specifically stated to be the case, and just like Coates claiming that Wakandas army was stretched thin without Any actual explanation, I ain't buying that. Your free to do what you want.

The spies are the last resort, exactly that. As in, a desperate situation to use them for something they aren't supposed to be used for. Ie attacking Wakandans because the WHOLE point was to protect Wakanda from FOREIGN threats.

She doesn't just scold him for having it. She says they are going to follow up on it and start an inquiry, So he wasn't off the Hook and they WERE going to look into it further.

The last part of my post IS relevant. Because your claiming that T'Challa had full authority of them and they would listen to him above the standing Wakandan government. We have seen that isn't the case.

Which further proves why it wasn't hinted that he would kill the PM. They agreed to the program ot protect WAKANDA when T'Challa was king and had full authority. Again you keep casually leaving out how the program was set up a decade or so before the events of the book. Ie long before Wakanda became a democratic government. Unless T'Challa was going to send the spies against himself, Killswitch wouldn't be to overthrow the Wakandan government because HE was in charge.

Also you do know that Akili the antagonist right? So he's going to say whatever isht he can to try and make T'Challa look bad. Like how Coates had the MA say T'Challa let rapists operate unchecked in Wakanda even though we learn Through World of Wakanda that the rapes never made it up the chain of command because the MS decided to withhold that information and handle it themselves (and failed) so they shifted blame to T'Challa.

Same thing here. Ridley had the chance to explain what Killswitch is, for 2 issues. Maybe he addresses it in the last issue, I doubt it, but until he does I'm not excuse poor writing
    Ok so lets break this down.

1. You immediately contradict yourself "to be used for something they're not supposed to be used for." No, if there's a predetermined command, that is a potential intended use. A gun in a house for self-protection might be a last defense, that doesn't mean it's not supposed to be used to shoot people. That's exactly what it's for.

2. A judicial inquiry is simply an official effort to discover facts. T'Challa is scolded, but they do not yet charge him with anything because she wants to know the nature of the program. An official charge of sedition is made following the revelation of killswitch.

3. It's not simply my claim that T'Challa set himself up to have absolute control of the spy program, that's exactly the stated purpose of the spy program. Just because soldiers go AWOL does not mean the President isn't the commander-in-chief of the military. That is a very bad point to try and make. To say "because people chose not to listen is evidence that he didn't intend to have complete control." is ridiculous. The entire launching point of the initial conflict is T'Challa's guilt when his spies are killed because they've dedicated their lives to him, away form Wakanda.

4. That it was set up a decade prior is irrelevant to its legality in the present day. Your attempted point is "how could they set up to take out a ruler when t'challa was the ruler," as if Wakanda hasn't had MULTIPLE shifts in power even in the last few years.

5. Akili being an antagonist and using T'Challa's illegal spy program to his advantage doesn't absolve T'Challa's initial harm. That's the point that literally every character has made.

Ridley made it fairly clear to readers with high school level reading skills or even basic knowledge of the law.

T'Challa was formally charged with sedition after killswitch was revealed. The charge of sedition is literally conduct inciting people to rebel against the state or authority. T'Challa said an explanation would appear treacher, which literally means guilty of betrayal. Shuri states the spy program would have been a last line of defense against Akili. Again, in the context of the story, Akili's been legally granted his current power. When that much is spelled out for you, and you choose not to hear it. When multiple characters are telling you why TChalla messed up, and you choose to just disregard it, that's not poor writing, that's poor reading.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm guessing you never watched Tooth Fairy.

Turning it into a spa bath, apparently.
    Ah so there is precedent.

Heh spa bath. Honestly you'd think T'Challa would already know whats going on in the mute zones. Who'd let a little thing like being off the grid prevent you from gaining information.

Heh spa bath. Honestly you'd think T'Challa would already know whats going on in the mute zones. Who'd let a little thing like being off the grid prevent you from gaining information.
    No, that would be SPYING! And that's the worst crime of ALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Ok so lets break this down.

1. You immediately contradict yourself "to be used for something they're not supposed to be used for." No, if there's a predetermined command, that is a potential intended use. A gun in a house for self-protection might be a last defense, that doesn't mean it's not supposed to be used to shoot people. That's exactly what it's for.

2. A judicial inquiry is simply an official effort to discover facts. T'Challa is scolded, but they do not yet charge him with anything because she wants to know the nature of the program. An official charge of sedition is made following the revelation of killswitch.

3. It's not simply my claim that T'Challa set himself up to have absolute control of the spy program, that's exactly the stated purpose of the spy program. Just because soldiers go AWOL does not mean the President isn't the commander-in-chief of the military. That is a very bad point to try and make. To say "because people chose not to listen is evidence that he didn't intend to have complete control." is ridiculous. The entire launching point of the initial conflict is T'Challa's guilt when his spies are killed because they've dedicated their lives to him, away form Wakanda.

4. That it was set up a decade prior is irrelevant to its legality in the present day. Your attempted point is "how could they set up to take out a ruler when t'challa was the ruler," as if Wakanda hasn't had MULTIPLE shifts in power even in the last few years.

5. Akili being an antagonist and using T'Challa's illegal spy program to his advantage doesn't absolve T'Challa's initial harm. That's the point that literally every character has made.

Ridley made it fairly clear to readers with high school level reading skills or even basic knowledge of the law.

T'Challa was formally charged with sedition after killswitch was revealed. The charge of sedition is literally conduct inciting people to rebel against the state or authority. T'Challa said an explanation would appear treacher, which literally means guilty of betrayal. Shuri states the spy program would have been a last line of defense against Akili. Again, in the context of the story, Akili's been legally granted his current power. When that much is spelled out for you, and you choose not to hear it. When multiple characters are telling you why TChalla messed up, and you choose to just disregard it, that's not poor writing, that's poor reading.
    1. No, again they are all out in the world to protect Wakanda, not incite rebellions inside Wakanda. Period end of story. T'Challa has never incited a take down of his own government and if Ridley is trying to go for that, that's bad writing. Sorry.

2 Exactly, they start an inquiry. He didn't get off Scott free, there was literally an investigation going to take place. Your the one who talked as though nothing more was going to happen.

3. It actually IS a point. It shows that the intent of the program is to protect WAKANDA not be T'Challas personal hit squad or secret police (sound familiar) if he doesn't like Mdomo over there from the hyena tribe or something. It's been stated front eh start what they were supposed to do.

5. Yes it is relevant. If this program was intended to do what you claim, and he set it up decades before. Then why wouldn't they have done anything when Doom, Erik, Tetu and Zenzi attacked? There's been shifts where were they? This is a problem when writers start implementing these types of things into stories without any sort of follow up or explanation.

5. Point still stands. He is the antagonist. We don't know what all the details of Killswitch are because none are given. But sure please show me the panel where T'Challa, Akili or ANYBODY reveals what Killswitch IS?

Akili charging with sedition is because He.Is. the. Antagonist. And is seizing power so he is doing what he can to paint T'Challa as the villain. Same way the MA tried to paint T'Challa as the villain. If Akili really wanted to solidify his power and shut T'Challa down the best way would of been to reveal right then and there what Killswitch was

Shuri stating the program is a last defense isn't confirming Killswitch is to overthrow the Wakandan government I SHE doesn't even know what it is either. From the get go T'Challa told her he has a soy program and didn't give anymore details about it and simply told her to trust him. The multiple characters are mad about him keeping secrets. Not about Killswitch because [u] No one knows what it is other than T'Challa and Akili.

This is bad writing on Ridleys part. If he is trying to weave all this that you claim then he needs to be consistent and remember what has and has not been revealed on page.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Thanks Marvel. For telling us without telling us. T'Challa being served on a silver platter to complete your phase arc.

I can already see Wakanda Forever being about Shuri's guilt for not saving T'Challa, smh

My bro when you watch the trailer on youtube accidentally
    I dunno man, they would have to be pretty ballsy and black death and suffering as the sequel to the movie that promoted black excellence and hope isn't going to go over well at all

I dunno man, they would have to be pretty ballsy and black death and suffering as the sequel to the movie that promoted black excellence and hope isn't going to go over well at all
    And it’s essentially being used as a stealth vehicle for Riri and Namor. But Black Panther being used as a stealth solo for other characters is just par the course at this point. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And it’s essentially being used as a stealth vehicle for Riri and Namor. But Black Panther being used as a stealth solo for other characters is just par the course at this point. Lol.
    Is Riri even appearing in any other books right now? I feel like she lost a lot of momentum after Bendis left. I know she's appeared in a few things, but I haven't seen much of her these days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Is Riri even appearing in any other books right now? I feel like she lost a lot of momentum after Bendis left. I know she's appeared in a few things, but I haven't seen much of her these days.
    Covid derailed a lot of stuff that was planned for a lot of projects.

She was in Champions.

She had a mini that was straight digital.

She did get her first action figure.

And in 2023 a new Ironheart trade is out. Seem to be a best of Eve's stuff.

I suspect we will see more when SHuri's movie comes out.

Mighty Member

1. No, again they are all out in the world to protect Wakanda, not incite rebellions inside Wakanda. Period end of story. T'Challa has never incited a take down of his own government and if Ridley is trying to go for that, that's bad writing. Sorry.

2 Exactly, they start an inquiry. He didn't get off Scott free, there was literally an investigation going to take place. Your the one who talked as though nothing more was going to happen.

3. It actually IS a point. It shows that the intent of the program is to protect WAKANDA not be T'Challas personal hit squad or secret police (sound familiar) if he doesn't like Mdomo over there from the hyena tribe or something. It's been stated front eh start what they were supposed to do.

5. Yes it is relevant. If this program was intended to do what you claim, and he set it up decades before. Then why wouldn't they have done anything when Doom, Erik, Tetu and Zenzi attacked? There's been shifts where were they? This is a problem when writers start implementing these types of things into stories without any sort of follow up or explanation.

5. Point still stands. He is the antagonist. We don't know what all the details of Killswitch are because none are given. But sure please show me the panel where T'Challa, Akili or ANYBODY reveals what Killswitch IS?

Akili charging with sedition is because He.Is. the. Antagonist. And is seizing power so he is doing what he can to paint T'Challa as the villain. Same way the MA tried to paint T'Challa as the villain. If Akili really wanted to solidify his power and shut T'Challa down the best way would of been to reveal right then and there what Killswitch was

Shuri stating the program is a last defense isn't confirming Killswitch is to overthrow the Wakandan government I SHE doesn't even know what it is either. From the get go T'Challa told her he has a soy program and didn't give anymore details about it and simply told her to trust him. The multiple characters are mad about him keeping secrets. Not about Killswitch because [u] No one knows what it is other than T'Challa and Akili.

This is bad writing on Ridleys part. If he is trying to weave all this that you claim then he needs to be consistent and remember what has and has not been revealed on page.
    1. Your first point is irrelevant/illogical. Once again, if there's a predetermined command, that is a potential intended use. A gun in a house for self-protection might be a last defense, that doesn't mean it's not supposed to be used to shoot people. That's exactly what it's for. A charge of sedition doesn't require someone successfully commit sedition. The charge would be useless then. You keep saying "they never did this thing", that doesn't matter. Sedition isn't a charge for actively overthrowing a government.

2. I never said nothing more was going to happen, I said there were no formal charges and that's true. He was only scolded. He was only charged with sedition following the exposure of killswitch. This explicitly connects the charge of sedition NOT to the existence of the spy program but that the spy program was willing to overthrowing the government.

3. No, that is, again, illogical. Once again just because soldiers go AWOL does not mean the President isn't the commander-in-chief of the military. That is a very bad point to try and make. To say "because people chose not to listen is evidence that he didn't intend to have complete control." is ridiculous. What individual soldiers choose to do does not determine the explicit intent of soldiers' deployment. To make it more simple, when a kid chooses to shoot up a school, that doesn't suddenly mean the intent of a teacher's class is to be target practice. What individuals choose to do when they disobey has absolutely no bearing on the intent of the structure they are breaking from. This is obvious.

4. This point is, again, nonsensical. Your point here is that the program is a retcon. Yes exactly. All retcons create narrative inconsistencies when applied. The overall point still stands, the idea that T'Challa when never plot for a time when he wasn't in power, when there are multiple times when he has not been in power, is in itself inconsistent with the stories we've seen. T'Challa LITERALLY states in issue 1 part of the reason for the program is because power transitions too much during democracy and he doesn't trust it.

5. The point doesn't stand. You keep sticking your fingers in your ears. Akili knows what killswitch is and charges T'Challa with sedition. T'Challa says any explanation of killswitch would appear treacherous. Sedition is conduct intended to overthrow a ruling authority.

Killswitch = telling spies to overthrow ruling authority. Do we have evidence that this is the case? Yes, because Shuri deliberately states, prior to the exposure of Killswitch, that the spy program would have taken out someone attempting to consolidate power in a way the ruling class deemed illegitimate.

T'Challa didn't give anymore details about it to Shuri? T'Challa explains the program and it's purpose to Shuri for 5 pages in issue 1. What he tells shuri: Democracy is unstable and cannot be trusted, Wakanda needs a king, spy program is designed to wage guerilla warfare on any one or any nation who threatens Wakanda. YOU misinterpreted that this was solely to outside threats, but T'Challa makes it painfully clear that democracy allows for adversaries to rise to power. Shuri sums up the program as "you faked the deaths ten brothers and sisters and sent them into the world to just...wait? wait for them to assassinate people?" then later "you got ten wakandans to play dead and wait for you to send them on a kill-fest."

All of this has been revealed on page. You misinterpreted the logic for the spy program as purely external, when T'Challa prefaces his explanation for the program as both external (not believing other countries would accept Wakanda) AND internal (democracy allowing adversaries to rise to power). The internal use is reiterated by Shuri when explaining why Akili would seek to expose the program.