Page 464 of 955 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Attachment 122693 .......................
    A taste of what we could be getting in the comics right now. Redjack if you ain’t ever going to write a BP solo I pray that you’ll at least get to work on a BP video game or another animated series.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

In regards to Riri, I would say she's one of those characters they really pushed to become the next big thing but she never caught on to the same degree as Miles and Kamala did. Amusingly she was created by the same guy who created Miles Morales since she was clearly intended to become the Iron Man equivalent to Miles.

Like there is a distinction between being "known" and being "popular". Its rather telling that Miles and Kamala regularly get new series while Riri hasn't even gotten a new book since the cancellation of her Eve Ewing series in 2019. Sure Kamala herself hasn't gotten a new ongoing since the Saladin Ahmed run but she still gets mini-series and upcoming team-up specials which has her teaming up with the X-Men, Moon Knight, and Venom.

Its like look at Sam Alexander Nova, kid had a pretty long ongoing in the mid 2010s but since then hasn't had jack ****, instead languishing in the Champions playing second fiddle to Kamala and Miles while Richard Rider Nova is a huge player in cosmic Marvel titles.

Riri's appearance in WF is very much for her own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    1. Come on with this one. They literally state: "This program was secret. Nobody knew, inside or outside Wakanda." Please explain how he is going to maintain a secret sleeper program with agents who have faked their deaths WITHIN Wakanda? Each one of these agents was recognizable to everyone in Wakanda because they were all high level military. Youre making an assumption now, unsupported by the text, that the sleeper agents were sent to these countries as threat assessment when that is never stated.

2. T'Challa states in his explanation of the program that they are to prevent Wakanda to falling to enemies inside and outside. Shuri makes it plain when she explains why Akili set T'Challa up. That is a conversation she has with him one on one. T'Challa states that the program was because he would not risk Wakanda being ruled by an adversary.

3. Your third point makes no sense because the first argument you used to make it didn't make sense. Yes they all wanted to return to Wakanda. It's hard to be an unrecognized sleeper agent when everyone recognizes you. It is stated multiple times in text they are willing to take out domestic threats.

4. Your fourth point means little sense. No one contests the allegation of sedition because he makes the connection fairly clear. The exact opposite of your point is true. The very fact he didn't feel the need to explain it further is evidence that it was sufficient for the charge of sedition to carry weight.

5. "T'Challa would of been branded a traitor and no one would help him." Are you reading the story? Shuri called him a dictator. Akili called him a dictator. Folasade said the instability is his fault. The Dora Milaje rejected his rule. Remember when your initial criticism of the story was that everyone kept dragging T'Challa through the mud? Storm didn't even arrive to try and help him. Storm arrived to assault him for planting Gentle as a spy on Krakoa.
    1. ??? So what are they for then? If they weren't sent to these other nations as threat assessments? That's EXACTLY what they are. They are literally planted in the other nations to ensure they don't set sights on Wakanda. And how to keep them in Wakanda? Same way T'Challa and Storm infiltrated the skrull base in SWaD. Technology is a crazy thing, or ya know, keep them somewhere close in Africa and not on the other side of the world.

2. No, he never states that. He specifically talks about outside Wakanda. He never says anything about preventing it internal threats or government changes within Wakanda to Shuri. They only talk about that when Shuri says the spys are the last defense after he has retrieved them.

3. No? Did you not read that issue. 1 is happy to return, and the others don't want to. The agent who's been out the longest also didn't want to leave and only agrees because her family was attacked. And it's been YEARS people can change how they look pretty easily and when someone has been gone for a long time it's not as though people will immediately recognize them. Especially a place like Wakanda. Please show me where it states they would take out domestic threats.

4. Uh no, now your again making excuses for poor writing. What would of carried MORE weight, would of turned everyone against T'Challa and completely put him out of the equation, would of been Akili revealing exactly what Killswitch was, not some vague mention of Killswitch. It immediately puts everyone on Akilis side and he comes off as the "hero who exposed the traitor" not explaining a very critical and important plot point is bad writing. We likely won't even know what Killswitch even is, just "It's this super bad and ominous thing from T'Challas past that will forever change his role in Wakanda and causes him to lose everything!" Poor writing.

5. Yeah I'm reading the story, it it reads as "T'Challa sucks for keeping secrets!!!" But we have yet to actually clearly get why he is in the wrong. The only thing is the vagueness of Killswitch, and he is a terrible ruler for... Reasons.

If Killswitch was actually explained, it may give more weight but this plot is inconsistent and it's clear that Ridley is doing a hit job without actually paying attention to his own plot. So long as he gets to his end goal. But there's always some who will defend the poor writing, weak plot, and inconsistency between characters within the same issue.

My criticisms haven't changed at all. There's a lot wrong with this book.

Much better and what we SHOULD of gotten...

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

�� Jeremiah Warren �� He/Him
    @jeremiahjw
    Replying to
    @ashleylynch
    My friend was a VFX lead on Black Panther and they had to redo/add a ton of vfx a month or so before the movie was released due to some major editorial changes. Just completely ridiculous.
    https://twitter.com/jeremiahjw/statu...43260889636864

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He’s not as bad as some of the other anti sjw grifter channels but still, grifters gonna grift. And the fact that he’s pals with Ethan Van Schiver doesn’t help. But for all intents and purposes, Rippaverse looks interesting so I might give it a chance. And about the suspect things, he mainly hates Black legacy characters (Miles Morales) or Black Alternate universe characters (Val Zod) which he sees as tokenization. He has no problem with original Black characters like T’Challa, Vixen, or Storm.
    I don't reward grifters....

The reason why we have those legacies like Miles-is because folks like T'Challa (when the books are good) do NOT get support.

Even if they are good-we rarely see a FOLLOW UP-see Duke Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In regards to Riri, I would say she's one of those characters they really pushed to become the next big thing but she never caught on to the same degree as Miles and Kamala did. Amusingly she was created by the same guy who created Miles Morales since she was clearly intended to become the Iron Man equivalent to Miles.

Like there is a distinction between being "known" and being "popular". Its rather telling that Miles and Kamala regularly get new series while Riri hasn't even gotten a new book since the cancellation of her Eve Ewing series in 2019. Sure Kamala herself hasn't gotten a new ongoing since the Saladin Ahmed run but she still gets mini-series and upcoming team-up specials which has her teaming up with the X-Men, Moon Knight, and Venom.

Its like look at Sam Alexander Nova, kid had a pretty long ongoing in the mid 2010s but since then hasn't had jack ****, instead languishing in the Champions playing second fiddle to Kamala and Miles while Richard Rider Nova is a huge player in cosmic Marvel titles.

Riri's appearance in WF is very much for her own benefit.
    Is your favorite character sitting dusty bottom of the bin of oblivion? Don't worry the MCU has just what the doctor ordered! Dig that old character up, let ride on the rented, whipped mule named T'Challa, folks!!! If you act now they can even put said character's name in bigger lights over his in his upcoming movie set to star everyone...BUT him!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

NOBODY is going to support black female lead book.

Moon Girl bucked that trend with her long run. No other black female went that long and it was NOT without trying by Image's Motor Crush, Boom's Goldie Vance and Vita's Livewire at Valiant. All good books.

I mean all of Marvel's worst sellers were black female lead books. Eve put her FOOT in that book that even the Gators endorsed it.

Riri needs what has been done with Shuri. Marvel gave Shuri her own book line outside the comic book store. Guess what they SOLD and are endorsed by schools. No shade at T'Challa.

Riri needs that. For what she does-that benefits her way more than some monthly comic.

Sam Alexander-you want to see the issue? Look at what is going on with Green Lantern. Same issue.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Moon Girl bucked that trend with her long run. No other black female went that long and it was NOT without trying by Image's Motor Crush, Boom's Goldie Vance and Vita's Livewire at Valiant. All good books.

I mean all of Marvel's worst sellers were black female lead books. Eve put her FOOT in that book that even the Gators endorsed it.

Riri needs what has been done with Shuri. Marvel gave Shuri her own book line outside the comic book store. Guess what they SOLD and are endorsed by schools. No shade at T'Challa.

Riri needs that. For what she does-that benefits her way more than some monthly comic.

Sam Alexander-you want to see the issue? Look at what is going on with Green Lantern. Same issue.
    Wow thats sad.

Like yeeesh that is depressing.

You and the team went and made one of the best stories in the franchise in a single issue. I wish you had the job. Loving Blood Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    �� Jeremiah Warren �� He/Him
    @jeremiahjw
    Replying to
    @ashleylynch
    My friend was a VFX lead on Black Panther and they had to redo/add a ton of vfx a month or so before the movie was released due to some major editorial changes. Just completely ridiculous.
    https://twitter.com/jeremiahjw/statu...43260889636864
    I can only wonder how bad they have it working on the sequel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    You and the team went and made one of the best stories in the franchise in a single issue. I wish you had the job. Loving Blood Syndicate.
    it's hard because, IMO at least, all of everyone writing and drawing these things is a fan too. But we don't own them and we're never driving the car without the Hand of Marvel (or DC) and whatever the company wants for the franchise (sometimes not actually told to us) on the wheel too.

I had actually written out a couple of lines of what I wanted to do for T'Challa and Shuri here in this post but I scrubbed it because I still have a tiny glimmer of hope I'll get to write some of it, some way, some day.

But, based on what the company obviously wants (nothing gets published they don't want) I'm pretty sure my pitches wouldn't fly. What I'm hoping for is to get to do a few more out-of-continuity one-shots or mini series that don't connect to whatever's going on in the main book. Not knocking whatever another writer's doing but none of it, for the last few years, is anywhere near what I'd do.

I do feel bothered by that sometimes (which is odd, considering how long I've been doing this job. You'd think I'd be more stoic about it.) but, end of the day, it may take several massive failures, both in the comics and in the movies for the company to rethink their aims for this part of the marvel universe.

Not sure I see either of those things happening.

Glad you're digging Blood Syndicate. #3 is going to be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Maybe Storm. MAYBE.

otherwise, the best you'll get is a black female lead on a team book.

But, based on what the company obviously wants (nothing gets published they don't want) I'm pretty sure my pitches wouldn't fly. What I'm hoping for is to get to do a few more out-of-continuity one-shots or mini series that don't connect to whatever's going on in the main book. Not knocking whatever another writer's doing but none of it, for the last few years, is anywhere near what I'd do.
    Have you ever considered pitching a consistent What-If? Sort of like what Leah Williams did with her What-If: Magik and Doctor Strange: The End?

it's hard because, IMO at least, all of everyone writing and drawing these things is a fan too. But we don't own them and we're never driving the car without the Hand of Marvel (or DC) and whatever the company wants for the franchise (sometimes not actually told to us) on the wheel too.

I had actually written out a couple of lines of what I wanted to do for T'Challa and Shuri here in this post but I scrubbed it because I still have a tiny glimmer of hope I'll get to write some of it, some way, some day.

I do feel bothered by that sometimes (which is odd, considering how long I've been doing this job. You'd think I'd be more stoic about it.) but, end of the day, it may take several massive failures, both in the comics and in the movies for the company to rethink their aims for this part of the marvel universe.

Not sure I see either of those things happening.

Glad you're digging Blood Syndicate. #3 is going to be sick.
    I dunno I see a dark cloud over the franchise, with more and more people on the recast and how poorly received Ridley's book has been, I could see them changing sooner rather than later.