Page 465 of 955 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Have you ever considered pitching a consistent What-If? Sort of like what Leah Williams did with her What-If: Magik and Doctor Strange: The End?
    No but I did float the idea of continuing the PANTHER'S QUEST universe in comic book form with me as the writer. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno I see a dark cloud over the franchise, with more and more people on the recast and how poorly received Ridley's book has been, I could see them changing sooner rather than later.
    I hope you’re right man. This franchise is in the gutter right now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I hope you’re right man. This franchise is in the gutter right now.
    Something has to change. I really feel that WF is going to fall victim to the same things as Thor and DS 2. Being overstuffed but worse because they are doing it purposely because Chad is gone rather than simply trying to set up the next phase or characters. Can't focus on the rich tapestry of characters when they have added in like 5 more new characters and a whole new nation. There is no way to do all that develop some coherent story. That ontop of Chad's family having already spoken out, it's not smart to eliminate T'Challa

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

There is no way you could tell me Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Riri would headlining a Black Panther film 6 years ago. lol

Wouldnt things be so much easier if there was NO Black Panther in this movie. It truly was just Wakanda Forever and they just said he's off in space or doing some other mission. Why corner yourselves Marvel. Why?
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-12-2022 at 05:39 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That AIPT review of issue #7 was savage. Not sure what I'm gonna do now since T'Challa's not in Avengers and I still have no interest in picking up his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In regards to Riri, I would say she's one of those characters they really pushed to become the next big thing but she never caught on to the same degree as Miles and Kamala did. Amusingly she was created by the same guy who created Miles Morales since she was clearly intended to become the Iron Man equivalent to Miles.

Like there is a distinction between being "known" and being "popular". Its rather telling that Miles and Kamala regularly get new series while Riri hasn't even gotten a new book since the cancellation of her Eve Ewing series in 2019. Sure Kamala herself hasn't gotten a new ongoing since the Saladin Ahmed run but she still gets mini-series and upcoming team-up specials which has her teaming up with the X-Men, Moon Knight, and Venom.

Its like look at Sam Alexander Nova, kid had a pretty long ongoing in the mid 2010s but since then hasn't had jack shit, instead languishing in the Champions playing second fiddle to Kamala and Miles while Richard Rider Nova is a huge player in cosmic Marvel titles.

Riri's appearance in WF is very much for her own benefit.
    Miles became Spider-Man in a world where the status quo was always changing so readers accepted it. Kamala never replaced anyone and debuted as a fresh character not associated with the X-Men where all the OCs were coming from.

Bendis really tried to replace a character with 50+ years of history and who was the face of the movie universe with a character with only a few panels of time and barely had any connection to the original hero's mythos. That had "BAD IDEA" written all over it.

Kinda sucks what happen to Nova Jr. tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Bendis really tried to replace a character with 50+ years of history and who was the face of the movie universe with a character with only a few panels of time and barely had any connection to the original hero's mythos. That had "BAD IDEA" written all over it.

Kinda sucks what happen to Nova Jr. tho.
    Riri NEVER called herself Iron Man.
    Dr Doom did.

BOTH took over Tony's books.

Yet the black girl gets the constant bashing not the other guy.
    The optics never looked good.

But to grifters that hate anything not straight white and male-facts don't matter to them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Dr Doom did.

But to grifters that hate anything not straight white and male-facts don't matter to them.
    The Riri hate is starting up now (MCU)

Its why I think having T'Challa in this movie could have lessened that impact on her. Now its a free for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The Riri hate is starting up now (MCU)

Its why I think having T'Challa in this movie could have lessened that impact on her. Now its a free for all.
    I mod r/marvel.

The amount of Jane Foster bitching was... a lot. (actually calmed down AFTER the movie came out lol. Its like they saw it and went "oh nvm.")

but the Kamala bitching has been... ooooof. None stop.

RiRi is gonna be worse, the only saving grace MIGHT be that its happening in a Wakanda movie so its not "forced" on them in an Iron Man movie or something.

Maybe.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Dr Doom did.

I never mentioned Riri's superhero name.
    People complained about DoomMan cuz the villain as a hero thing is universally like. However, Doom had a connection to Stark and as much history as him so it wasn't as much as Riri.

The people not liking non-straight, non-white characters doesn't hold up cuz the 3 other characters did well under their original creators. Captain Falcon was doing well until Nick Spencer added modern political commentary compared to the hero stories Remender, Ewing and Hickman were doing.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mod r/marvel.

The amount of Jane Foster bitching was... a lot. (actually calmed down AFTER the movie came out lol. Its like they saw it and went "oh nvm.")

RiRi is gonna be worse, the only saving grace MIGHT be that its happening in a Wakanda movie so its not "forced" on them in an Iron Man movie or something.

Maybe.
    I’m surprised Reddit is bashing female characters. Because the reddits that I lurked on before will scream sexism if you so as much think about recasting T’Challa. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    There is no way you could tell me Nakia, Okoye, Shuri and Riri would headlining a Black Panther film 6 years ago. lol

Wouldnt things be so much easier if there was NO Black Panther in this movie. It truly was just Wakanda Forever and they just said he's off in space or doing some other mission. Why corner yourselves Marvel. Why?
    Lupita doesn't look pregnant lol..

Where is Tchalla Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mod r/marvel.

Maybe.
    It comes back to T'Challa. You've got to please (and not offend) so many fanbases. The time spent to "honor" Boseman could have been spent boosting up Namor or making sure Riri isnt constantly taking hits for following up IronMan.

Its tacking so much already and its trying to be a tribute to an actor. I do believe Namor was always part of the plan. HOwever, I dont believe Riri was ever suiting up. That is purely to make up lack of T'Challa action. They could have introduced her and eased her in. Once she suits up and if isnt on point thats another target on its back.

Not recasting seems more crazy by the day. You already know people who hated how the 2018 was loved were sharpening their knives for any flaw this movie has. Its such a huge task.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I never mentioned Riri's superhero name.
    People complained about DoomMan cuz the villain as a hero thing is universally like. However, Doom had a connection to Stark and as much history as him so it wasn't as much as Riri.

The people not liking non-straight, non-white characters doesn't hold up cuz the 3 other characters did well under their original creators. Captain Falcon was doing well until Nick Spencer added modern political commentary compared to the hero stories Remender, Ewing and Hickman were doing.
    Here is the thing with Cap Falcon.

Because that title was called Cap America-it was going to find its way on a shelf no matter what.

It did not go below 20K until issue 21 and the run was ending.

For all those who SCREAMED for Falcon to star under his own name-they didn't even BOTHER to try let alone read the Falcon series.

Sorry people not liking non-straight white characters still hold because we have seen PLENTY of it.

From Duke Thomas to Synch (Especially from a certain southern lass fans) to John Stewart (especially with his movie leaking) to Jace Fox (they act like Bruce has no other books).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Lupita doesn't look pregnant lol..

Where is Tchalla Jr?

Lol he’s already born,

Young avengers will be coming soon