Page 474 of 955 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Lol y'all say this but lately these leaks have been on point.
    I hope not, mostly cause I see Antony Starr as the MCU's Norman Osborne. He'd probably be one and done as Dracula.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Kinda OT, but whats everyone's opinion of Eric July? Dude has said some suspect things in the past. However, he's starting up his own black creative comics?

I wanna support anybody making something happen, but damn this dude has crapped current black comic book characters.
    Missed this but went to look.
    So... dudes at 1.5 million dollars. A black owned character, created and curated by a black man. Who's started his business with the stated goal of standing shoulder to shoulder with the big 2? I'd feel like the biggest hater and hypocrite doing anything other than throwing my support behind him. It's bigger than just does he like miles or riri. I prefer Luke and Blade myself matter of fact but this is probably on of the best chances to NOT see you fave black male not be betrayed for whoever the writer thinks is a more important group at the moment. Imagine if T'CHALLA was similarly owned and protected. I... kinda think that what it takes to get what we really want. As evidenced by the last few pages. I'll for sure toss him a couple bucks, he'll just cause takes a certain realness to get out there like that. Hope the arts good
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

When that trailer drops it’s gonna sink in properly for a lot of folks

Ultimate Member

I'd feel like the biggest hater and hypocrite doing anything other than throwing my support behind him.
    I don't.

You can create your own stuff and not take SHOTS at other companies or characters. That is how you end up NOT getting fully supported.

A lot of these type guys did that to Milestone (who is BLACK OWNED) and where are they NOW??? Some could not get past issue 1.
    There are other black creators out there putting out stuff and being ignored. Because they won't stoop to low level antics to insult the competition.

And it's just as big of a battle for Miles, Riri, Cyborg, Synch and John Stewart. Look at what they have done to T'Challa and he made Disney a TON of money.

Black and Protected means NOTING because the same mess that is being done to T'Challa can easily be done under a black owned person. Especially one who is trying to pander to same folks Marvel has ruined T'Challa for.

The attitude of black folks will buy anything with a black person on it.

I guess they missed Proud Mary.
    Nate Parker's Birth of a Nation
    John Ridley's Guerillas.
    Tee Franklin's Joot Joint
    Anthony Height's Midnight Tiger

Or all the other black owned projects that black folks did some of the greatest gymnastic routines to NOT support.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    When that trailer drops it’s gonna sink in properly for a lot of folks
    TBH, as long as the trailer shows namor, the MCU crowd will show up.

This movie sinks or swims BO wise by if black people show up en masse again or not
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBH, as long as the trailer shows namor, the MCU crowd will show up.

This movie sinks or swims BO wise by if black people show up en masse again or not
    Yea, Black Panther was carried by its domestic performance which benefited a lot from repeat viewings by demographics that traditionally don’t give a damn about comic book movies (black grandmas and the like). The movie was lightning in a bottle in terms of right time and had a message that actually unified lots of people in the community. It helped that the movie was genuinely great.

Sequel’s lost the lead actor, calls for recasting have surged in the MCU fan base (especially among black folks), and the movie looks like it’s gonna divide a ton of people on a bunch of fronts. It’s coming off a string of critically divisive (but still successful) movies and seems like most of the hype is based around non-Wakandans, AKA non-black villains showing up. Reactions to the leaks (which are likely at least half true) seem pretty bad. If the movie’s mediocre on top of all that quite frankly I see a massive underperformance even if it’ll still probably be one of the bigger hits of Phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, Black Panther was carried by its domestic performance which benefited a lot from repeat viewings by demographics that traditionally don’t give a damn about comic book movies (black grandmas and the like). The movie was lightning in a bottle in terms of right time and had a message that actually unified lots of people in the community. It helped that the movie was genuinely great.

Sequel’s lost the lead actor, calls for recasting have surged in the MCU fan base (especially among black folks), and the movie looks like it’s gonna divide a ton of people on a bunch of fronts. It’s coming off a string of critically divisive (but still successful) movies and seems like most of the hype is based around non-Wakandans, AKA non-black villains showing up. Reactions to the leaks (which are likely at least half true) seem pretty bad. If the movie’s mediocre on top of all that quite frankly I see a massive underperformance even if it’ll still probably be one of the bigger hits of Phase 4.
    I guess the idea now is to get "latina grandmas and the like" to come and see WF in droves just for Namor. They know they're gonna take a hit from the original demographic not seeing it in droves, so they're trying to swap them out for...another demographic + people who want to see the barest glimpse of MCU's iteration of Doom.

Saying "I hope this backfires on all fronts" would be an understatement. But I think it'll do 500mil easily.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I guess the idea now is to get "latina grandmas and the like" to come and see WF in droves just for Namor. They know they're gonna take a hit from the original demographic not seeing it in droves, so they're trying to swap them out for...another demographic + people who want to see the barest glimpse of MCU's iteration of Doom.

Saying "I hope this backfires on all fronts" would be an understatement. But I think it'll do 500mil easily.
    Pretty much, MCU fanboys will love it for the Namor and Doom bits, but they love anything as long as Marvel keeps creating the illusion “it’s all connected”. A few seconds of Doom is enough for those guys to give the film a 4/5 because they think Easter eggs and ties to the wider universe elevate a movie.

I don’t think Namor is gonna be the same kind of draw for Hispanics that Black Panther was for black people. Atlanteans aren’t human and they’re not bringing a character with deep, historical ties to that community from the comics. Even if Black Panther was a relative unknown to general audiences before the MCU, his status as an iconic black character from the comics gave him a lot more weight when he was put on the screen and black audiences were motivated to see him. Namor doesn’t have that at all, he’s an aquatic John Carter meets Conan analogue who at best looks kinda Asian. Latina grandmas ain’t gonna be checking for dude like that, definitely not for repeat viewings after a little black girl beats his ass lol.

I don’t know if it’ll backfire but I don’t expect the movie to do as well as the first and I could see a lot of backlash regardless of the box office (some deserved, some out of bad faith).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Missed this but went to look.
    So... dudes at 1.5 million dollars. A black owned character, created and curated by a black man. Who's started his business with the stated goal of standing shoulder to shoulder with the big 2? I'd feel like the biggest hater and hypocrite doing anything other than throwing my support behind him. It's bigger than just does he like miles or riri. I prefer Luke and Blade myself matter of fact but this is probably on of the best chances to NOT see you fave black male not be betrayed for whoever the writer thinks is a more important group at the moment. Imagine if T'CHALLA was similarly owned and protected. I... kinda think that what it takes to get what we really want. As evidenced by the last few pages. I'll for sure toss him a couple bucks, he'll just cause takes a certain realness to get out there like that. Hope the arts good
    I won’t be donating because Eric isn’t someone I particularly like or agree with. But it should be increasingly obvious that black-owned art and franchises deserve their time in the sun and shouldn’t have to be owned by people who don’t have that same protectiveness they do for white IPs. Ownership is one of the most important values in any industry and I’m happy to see more black folks moving in that direction when it comes to controlling the stories we tell about ourselves. Wishing Eric and the other proud creators he’s working with the best.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

You dont? I'm shocked.

Black and Protected means NOTING because the same mess that is being done to T'Challa can easily be done under a black owned person. Especially one who is trying to pander to same folks Marvel has ruined T'Challa for.
    That... sounds like nonsense. You know why?
    There's zero impetus for that He just made 1.5 million dollars on the platform of I will not do this thing. He's not going to pander to Latina grandmother's and let's be honest to a white preferring Or any other audience you can think of.
    It seems like you're not being honest. I would respect you more if you just simply said you don't like the guy like the poster above and weren't gonna support Because you don't like his politics or opinions. I mean... I guess I got money to blow ��. I can buy a few more copies to put my money where my mouth is in supporting black excellence.

The attitude of black folks will buy anything with a black person on it.
    as opposed to pseudo blacks who claim we"want black properties, and creators... but ewwww Not like that!"?
    On some level that has to happen, because of how many non blacks will refuse to buy anything with a black person on it.

It's really interesting. I never thought about it but at some point you're going to have to firgure out what your really about, most of us anyway. Do you support blackness. And since you're in a black panther thread I dare say black masculinity And it's greatness to some extent.
    Or do you Ultimately just support diversity. Supporting "blackness" more as a side effect. I think... without saying it lots of people in this thread show what they're true interest are. Me I'm with the former not the latter but to each his own I guess.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 07-14-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The Eric July stuff led me to watching a Nerdrotic vid.

He's talking about Black Panther should have stayed peak human. Basically saying he should have been Marvel's Batman. Said that was ultimately what led to the characters downfall.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    The Eric July stuff led me to watching a Nerdrotic vid.

He's talking about Black Panther should have stayed peak human. Basically saying he should have been Marvel's Batman. Said that was ultimately what led to the characters downfall.
    NO hiring the wrong creative teams started that mess.

Yes he could have been Batman. If he was at say Boom or Image. Not at a company where that would be fought against tooth and nail by fans and even employees as we have seen.

Because SOMEBODY has an issue. When you are about business and profit it does not matter who brings in the biggest check as long as it's a check.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Right...Lol you've argued with everyone this entire time claiming your right. But whatever you gotta tell yourself bruh
    if you didn't struggle reading, you'd have clearly seen that hasn't been the case

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ya know I was thinking about the whole Long Shadow storyline and I just realized, what exactly is Akili's goal here?

So okay T'Challa is investigating the death of some sleeper agents, the prime minister sends the secret police to assassinate him as a petty show of force, and the Akili betrays her to take command.

To what end though? Is he gonna be king, is he gonna be a dictator? And is this a military coup, does he have the backing of the rest of the Wakandan military by his side? Cause when you think about it, if its just the HZ in this revolution then it becomes ridiculous cause they are just one branch of the larger Wakandan military.

Like where is the legitimacy in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ya know I was thinking about the whole Long Shadow storyline and I just realized, what exactly is Akili's goal here?

So okay T'Challa is investigating the death of some sleeper agents, the prime minister sends the secret police to assassinate him as a petty show of force, and the Akili betrays her to take command.

To what end though? Is he gonna be king, is he gonna be a dictator? And is this a military coup, does he have the backing of the rest of the Wakandan military by his side? Cause when you think about it, if its just the HZ in this revolution then it becomes ridiculous cause they are just one branch of the larger Wakandan military.

Like where is the legitimacy in this?
    It's clear that Ridley only cares about nerfing T'Challa. His whole book is nonsensical. The people made at T'Challa are doing just as shady if not worse isht but we ain't going to see them get any blame. It's all T'Challas fault. EVERYTHING. Others actions come back to being his fault for being a dictator now...
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 07-14-2022 at 08:47 PM.