Page 503 of 955 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 14314
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

As perfect as the movie looks visually.

Juggling T'Challa's death, Riri, Namor, Shuri stepping up, etc etc.

Things could have been streamlined with T'Challa in the film. Chapek has shown he wants short movies. Can Coogler beat the Chapek anchor? Cause if this is 2hrs as well its going to be very messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    people can GTFO with that "I cried when I saw the trailer" bullshit. No they didn't. It's all words nothing else. They want to be on the band wagon and worship misery and exploitation.

Its a bitter feeling right now. I dunno man it feels sickening to watch as this character is literally being wiped out of his franchise. 55+ years and historical relevance is being tossed away like trash, and people are CELEBRATING it whole we watch as the first movie was men and women working together in harmony, and now the movie is basically women of Wakanda (specifically the Dora's of Wakanda)...

The only other criticism has been people critizing on Twitter for Chad's account posting the trailer. They are calling it out as disgusting for using it to promote the movie.. god I hope this movie backfires so hard. I think it will obviously do big opening numbers. But I am thinking it's going to lose legs fast because Black misery and a funeral being what they are banking on falls apart hard when people critique it from a movie standpoint.
    I mean it really depends on how talented Coogler is if yall hoping for a backlash.

He showed with the first film he cant solve everything (3rd act CGI). So a hiccup and in the film may be in trouble. However, he also proved to make a film that was juggernaut despite those issues.

If its Tyler Perry misery its easy to dismiss. However, our people love The Color Purple....so it depends on how well its done.

Im just praying this movie takes place during the blip or they have a 2nd post credit scene setting up a new T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The Black Panther franchise going from 1.3 billion to 800 million is atrocious on multiple levels. It’s not a failure by any means but it shows that the market overwhelmingly prefers T’Challa as an active fixture in the MCU and it would expedite the character’s potential return in future installments. Because then it would show they’re leaving massive amounts of money on the table not recasting. Like the second Coogler leaves the franchise they’ll find a way to bring T’Challa back lol.

But yea, that was a beautiful trailer. Great visuals and awesome song choice, say what you will about the decision not to recast but you can tell a lot of heart went into this film from the cast. The response online definitely suggests this movie will get treated with kids gloves. Making T’Challa synonymous with Boseman and eulogizing his character is gonna distract from whatever narrative issues it has unless they’re glaring. And it won’t just be critics who fall into that, audiences likely will too because Chadwick so beloved in the role. And a lot of MCU fans seem to want this movie to succeed because Phase 4 hasn’t gotten the reception they wanted plus the film has faced a lot of setbacks. People love an underdog.

That said, the plot leaks got a lot of backlash so if they end up being true I could see it being polarizing. We might see something similar to Love and Thunder, the first few days of audience and critic reaction is super positive before the reality starts sinking in that the movie has big problems. That could harm world of mouth and really deflate repeat viewings, which was key to the first movie’s financial success.
    I honestly see it losing traction fast. Despite my gripes that are growing by the day about the first movie, it was a well done story and good from just a movie standpoint. T'Challa was the glue that held it all together and he had some good elements about him. And it could get repeat viewings because the movie held up on its own without gimmicks. This movie is not going to age well and it has a lot of plot holes it will have to deal with. HUGE ones. The only way it can side step it would be to take place during the Blip.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I mean it really depends on how talented Coogler is if yall hoping for a backlash.

He showed with the first film he cant solve everything (3rd act CGI). So a hiccup and in the film may be in trouble. However, he also proved to make a film that was juggernaut despite those issues.

If its Tyler Perry misery its easy to dismiss. However, our people love The Color Purple....so it depends on how well its done.

Im just praying this movie takes place during the blip or they have a 2nd post credit scene setting up a new T'Challa.
    the first movie at it's core was a good movie. This one has a mountain of issues and people have this weird blind faith in Coogler to get Right as if he can't fail. The first movie held because your Could watch it over and over and feel hope, pride, and elation and Black excellence, and that this was something different and a cultural movement. I HIGHLY doubt people are going to be buying out theaters so young black boys can watch as larger than life hero can die, as they are dragged through a heart wrenching story full of Black misery and basically be told "you don't matter, sit down and cheer for Black girl magic! Yas queen!"

the first movie at it's core was a good movie. This one has a mountain of issues and people have this weird blind faith in Coogler to get Right as if he can't fail. The first movie held because your Could watch it over and over and feel hope, pride, and elation and Black excellence, and that this was something different and a cultural movement. I HIGHLY doubt people are going to be buying out theaters so young black boys can watch as larger than life hero can die, as they are dragged through a heart wrenching story full of Black misery and basically be told "you don't matter, sit down and cheer for Black girl magic! Yas queen!"
    See thats the concern. Its going to be incredibly tough for this script to be as good as the first one. Its going to be incredibly tough to have no BP for the majority film (the way it looks) Its going to be incredibly difficult without Boseman holding all the pieces together. I dont see it making as much money as the first.

However, if its well executed Black Girl Magic will propel this film to being very successful. Again if its well executed in terms of direction. The script could be a mess, but "honor Chad" + BlackGirlMagic might still make it enough of a success.

Idk. The movie has its issues. However, will our people wait too long to react appropriately? Waited too long on recast T'Challa. Its possible that it takes a year or so after the film for them to go........yea they really should have just recasted T'Challa.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-23-2022 at 11:47 PM.

There's still no getting around Shuri beating Namor either, lol. Thats going to be very controversial. They better come up with something else than her just taking the herb.

Namor smug ass didnt run when the Wakandans shot at him.

GAHTDAMN I NEEDED TO SEE TCHALLA WHOOP HIS ASS! SMDH

Ive got no copium for this. It’s gonna do well. Seeing the reactions was enlightening and unfortunately demoralizing. Shoutout to Eman cuz I can’t be in that struggle anymore. The trailer has also exacerbated what John Ridley and marvel comics are doing on the comic side. I don’t see any reason to keep following this character anymore.

Wasn't excited for the movie and wasn't going to see it in theaters. But now after the trailer. It did a very good job in changing my mind in both.

But I am still Team #RecastTchalla
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 07-24-2022 at 12:13 AM.

See thats the concern. Its going to be incredibly tough for this script to be as good as the first one. Its going to be incredibly tough to have no BP for the majority film (the way it looks) Its going to be incredibly difficult without Boseman holding all the pieces together. I dont see it making as much money as the first.

However, if its well executed Black Girl Magic will propel this film to being very successful. Again if its well executed in terms of direction. The script could be a mess, but "honor Chad" + BlackGirlMagic might still make it enough of a success.

Idk. The movie has its issues. However, will our people wait too long to react appropriately? Waited too long on recast T'Challa. Its possible that it takes a year or so after the film for them to go........yea they really should have just recasted T'Challa.
    Truth is, sequels are hard pressed to beat out the first movie. That's a given. Even with Chad it would be hard to beat BP 1, however, with him gone? And shifting gears to side characters, news characters AND damn near completely isolating male viewers and trying to rely on black girl magic to carry the film? Winston and Martin have already said you feel the gap left.

Namor smug ass didnt run when the Wakandans shot at him.

GAHTDAMN I NEEDED TO SEE TCHALLA WHOOP HIS ASS! SMDH
    Tough luck on that front.

Truth is, sequels are hard pressed to beat out the first movie. That's a given. Even with Chad it would be hard to beat BP 1, however, with him gone? And shifting gears to side characters, news characters AND damn near completely isolating male viewers and trying to rely on black girl magic to carry the film? Winston and Martin have already said you feel the gap left.
    I would bring up no way home but Spider-Man will always be a bigger character than BP. That’s just a fact lol. I’ll be really surprised if this shit makes a billion.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I am very curious about that. Like considering the sheer outpouring for the trailer, I wonder if Marvel can actually use Boseman's death to make enough bank.

Has that ever happened before? An actor during the production of the sequel and said movie gains post-humorous success due to their death. Closest I got is like the Fast and the Furious series after Paul Walker died.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Tough luck on that front.
    "Put the blade where it belongs."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I am very curious about that. Like considering the sheer outpouring for the trailer, I wonder if Marvel can actually use Boseman's death to make enough bank.

Has that ever happened before? An actor during the production of the sequel and said movie gains post-humorous success due to their death. Closest I got is like the Fast and the Furious series after Paul Walker died.
    Funny you bring up Paul Walker since his family frequently asks Vin Diesel if they can bring Brian back to which he said in an interview that he takes those requests seriously. Of course they have the option to do that since they, you know, didn’t kill Brian.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"