Page 504 of 955 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 14314
    Extraordinary Member

Check out this reaction.I don't agree with Jody's views on alot of stuff but he has a point about this trailer and how well done it is.

"Wakanda Forever" Extremely Emotional Trailer Reaction...

Note- he broke down in tears and said it's black excellence etc..

So, like many others I have watched the trailer.

Hmm... when you know you are being manipulated, and are being fed 'feels', that capitalise on genuine feelings of loss. It does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

All I can say is "the emasculation is complete".

Incredible Member

This is what I was talking about with many reactors crying or shedding tears. Miss me with all that crap. Marvel exploiting Chadwick's death and emotionally manipulating audiences to pay to see this crap.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay on further thought I decided I am somewhat excited for the film....... to see Namor.

Yes its an awkward feeling to be mostly excited for the non-Black Panther character in a Black Panther.

But like uhhhhh its basically like being expected to be excited for an Iron Man movie that only star Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts. Not even Rhodey but specifically Happy and Pepper, the very supporting characters which is how I feel for the BP cast. Like its hard to explain, despite their push I don't feel Shuri and the Dora Milaje really passed that threshold of superness if you get what I mean.

Again to use its the difference between a movie that stars Happy Hogan and a movie that stars War Machine. Or you can have a Batman movie that doesn't star Batman because well there's the Robins which would include Nightwing and Red Hood, the Batgirls, or Batwoman, Azrael.

I guess its a personal thing. I've always been of the mind that if you don't have a cool supername and costume, then I largely don't really care about you. Its why I never got into Agents of Shield if you get me, I could never really care about a bunch of Shield agents who don't have superpowers, costumes, or code names.

But hey if I can't support BP, might as well support his rival I guess.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    This is what I was talking about with many reactors crying or shedding tears. Miss me with all that crap. Marvel exploiting Chadwick's death and emotionally manipulating audiences to pay to see this crap.
    I've watched a lot of trailers. The common theme is a lot of people cry.

Right when they show Boseman's mural and after Bassett's speech.

Its definitely manipulative, but very well put together. Thor/Dr. Strange 2 might have forced Bob Chapek to go this route.

Remember Feige and Coogler dont have control over trailers. The dude who edited the trailer is on twitter celebrating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I feel you.

I didn't like when the X-office wrote T'Challa down and then elevated Storm to Queen of Wakanda then... so why would I get giddy over this now! smh.

I don’t care if I get banned or dogpiled. From the reign of Coates and many other issues to now this… I can no longer follow this fandom. Chadwick would’ve wanted a recast especially for a Black man to succeed…

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    ...I don't agree with Jody's views on alot of stuff but he has a point about this trailer and how well done it is.

Note- he broke down in tears and said it's black excellence etc..
    Yeah, I'm with Jody, that was some Black Excellence.

I don't care if they were trying to manipulate people or not, but they had my simple a** tearing up.

The last time I was this hyped for a movie was with Judas And The Black Messiah.

Of course, I had no problem with them not recasting Chadwick to begin with, because I felt that it could have easily messed up the movie.

It could have been to me like going from Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle. I love Don Cheadle, but he's never felt right to me for that role. And I'm glad they didn't take that chance with the Black Panther, because if they had gone with the "wrong guy," then that movie would have been through.

So take a beat for a movie, then bring in a variant for Black Panther 3, or create a new character and have them become the new Black Panther.

Go with a Tosin or something in the next movie...

No, introduce whoever they're going with in the Disney+ series, and then run with that in Black Panther 3.

And I love my Black women, so it's cool with me what they're doing. True, Letitia Wright is too much of a light weight in the screen presence department to carry the franchise, she is not a star by any stretch, but I say just take the hit this time, and come back too black and too strong next time.

Like the Rasta man said, it's gonna be alright.

EDIT:

Or Kendrick Lamar and we gone be alright... take your pick.
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 07-24-2022 at 04:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post
    Yeah, I'm with Jody, that was some Black excellence.

I don't care if they were trying to manipulate people or not, but they had my simple a** tearing up.

The last time I was this hyped for a movie was with Judas And The Black Messiah.

Of course, I had no problem with them not recasting Chadwick to begin with, because I felt that it could have easily messed up the movie.

It could have been to me like going from Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle. I love Don Cheadle, but he's never felt right to me for that role. And I'm glad they didn't take that chance with the Black Panther, because if they had gone with the "wrong guy," then that movie would have been through.

So take a beat for a movie, then bring in a variant for Black Panther 3, or create a new character and have them become the new Black Panther.

Go with a Tosin or something in the next movie...

No, introduce whoever they're going with in the Disney+ series, and then run with that in Black Panther 3.

And I love my Black women, so it's cool with me what they're doing. True, Letitia Wright is too much of a light weight in the screen presence department to carry the franchise, she is not a star by any stretch, but I say just take the hit this time, and come back too black and too strong next time.

Like the Rasta man said, it's going to be alright.

Sorry, I have to politely agree, to disagree with you, my friend. Actors are recast all the time and T'Challa is Wakanda.

Rewatching this video made me break down and made me even more infuriated. How can anyone look at this and come to the conclusion that killing T’Challa is the right move? How?! And I wouldn’t be as angry right now if the comics weren’t being affected but noooo, John Ridley is deliberately going out of his way to destroy T’Challa in whatever way he can. Granted every character has periods where they are mishandled but this mishandling of Black Panther is truly a special kind of of sickening. And no amount of gaslighting is gonna get me to support this franchise in its current state. I don’t care if I get called any kind of names for jumping ship I’m done.

The only way I’m gonna come back to this franchise as far as the MCU is concerned is if the recast, and at this rate I’m all for it being done with a variant. And I’m sure as hell not spending a penny on any Black Panther comics until they get writers that actually care about the lore and history of T’Challa and not any of these neophyte writers that only care about Wakanda. I am NOT helping this company profit off of a Black man’s death and until they do right by this character across all mediums I hope everything blows up in their face. I hope those box office numbers drop after the first weekend, I hope Chadwick’s family calls Marvel out on this, and I damn sure hope comic sales flop miserably until T’Challa comes back with some good writers who want to elevate him. This character deserves a lot better and deserves more.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh ya know I joke about it, but Marvel would be justified in downplaying Shuri after this movie.

Because Letita Wright is a genuine pain in the ass to work with. Her anti-vaxxer beliefs lead her to actually delay production of the movie because she refused to get vaccinated and only finally relented because they payed her more money.

She had to be payed to get vaccinated so the movie can finish. What a waste of money to force someone to do something that by all means should be common sense and refusal to do so is illegal even.

I'm not sure if other MCU actors are this hard to work with, wouldn't surprise me if Evangeline Lily (Hope Pym from the Ant-Man movies) is hard to work with too cause she's also an anti-vaxxer, but if this franchise is to continue it should be with an actor who doesn't become an actual hindrance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh ya know I joke about it, but Marvel would be justified in downplaying Shuri after this movie.

Because Letita Wright is a genuine pain in the ass to work with. Her anti-vaxxer beliefs lead her to actually delay production of the movie because she refused to get vaccinated and only finally relented because they payed her more money.

She had to be payed to get vaccinated so the movie can finish. What a waste of money to force someone to do something that by all means should be common sense and refusal to do so is illegal even.

I'm not sure if other MCU actors are this hard to work with, wouldn't surprise me if Evangeline Lily (Hope Pym from the Ant-Man movies) is hard to work with too cause she's also an anti-vaxxer, but if this franchise is to continue it should be with an actor who doesn't become an actual hindrance to it.
    Either Riri will be her ad hoc replacement going forward, or they'll actually recast Shuri and not think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Let’s not forget that she was injured but other than that, yeah.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

In fairness, firing Wright and recasting Shuri is probably an infinitely easier and less controversial prospect

On the other hand; Chapek is apparently considered sympathetic to anti-vaxxers from what I hear so who knows