Page 505 of 955 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 14314
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I guess its a personal thing. I've always been of the mind that if you don't have a cool supername and costume, then I largely don't really care about you. Its why I never got into Agents of Shield if you get me, I could never really care about a bunch of Shield agents who don't have superpowers, costumes, or code names.
    Agents of shield do/did have superheroes and cool costumes and names,quake,deathlok, yo-yo,flint etc..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    Sorry, I have to politely agree, to disagree with you, my friend. Actors are recast all the time and T'Challa is Wakanda.
    Yeah, I agree.

I'm just glad that if they do recast, that they're going to take their time and make sure they get it right. And not just recast so that they can make the release date or whatever.

Because true, someone else can play T'Challa, but it does seem better to me going this route.

Pause for a movie, give Chadwick his due, then in the next movie if they want to go with T'Challa, then bring in someone new to play a variant T'Challa or something.

I don't think they should have brought in someone new right away. Chadwick Boseman was too important to the role, so I felt that would have been a little disrespectful. It would have felt like it was just business as usual. We just swap you out and keep moving.

The way that they're doing it now, it almost seems like they know that they're going to take a hit where it matters: in the pocket. They know this movie in all likelihood will make less. But that's alright, we're going to give this man his due, and then back to business as usual the next time.

That's just the way I see it though...

But I do understand what you're saying...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay on further thought I decided I am somewhat excited for the film....... to see Namor.

Yes its an awkward feeling to be mostly excited for the non-Black Panther character in a Black Panther.

But like uhhhhh its basically like being expected to be excited for an Iron Man movie that only star Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts. Not even Rhodey but specifically Happy and Pepper, the very supporting characters which is how I feel for the BP cast. Like its hard to explain, despite their push I don't feel Shuri and the Dora Milaje really passed that threshold of superness if you get what I mean.

Again to use its the difference between a movie that stars Happy Hogan and a movie that stars War Machine. Or you can have a Batman movie that doesn't star Batman because well there's the Robins which would include Nightwing and Red Hood, the Batgirls, or Batwoman, Azrael.

But hey if I can't support BP, might as well support his rival I guess.

Here is the million dollar difference.....

From War Machine to Nightwing to Red Hood to Huntress to Gotham PD to Batwoman to Azrael to Harley to Robins to even Jace and Duke-what do they all have in common???

DEVELOPMENT from minis, ongoings or consistent roles in stories and events.

DC built up Batman's supporting case and NEVER at his expense unless a storyline (Bane) needed it.

It was not until 2016 that Marvel bothered expanding and while ALL those spinoffs were the worst sellers for Marvel (KIngmonger the WORST). DC NEVER gave up on building up the Bat cast.

How many books have all of them popped up in????

Wakanda group like black X-Men were not popping up in other books.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post

The way that they're doing it now, it almost seems like they know that they're going to take a hit where it matters: in the pocket. They know this movie in all likelihood will make less. But that's alright, we're going to give this man his due, and then back to business as usual the next time.
    No they are thinking black folks are going show up no matter what. Because they assume we show up because it's a black movie and there is no competition from "Distinguishing Competition".

Had their been a Static (Cyborg was not going to cut it) or John Stewart and that film did well.
    Marvel would have said recast or say this happens during the blip.

Otherwise they are banking on us just showing up and black girl magic.

That same black girl magic that made A Wrinkle in Time and Proud Mary hits. WAIT.... those movies FLOPPED. Because they talk that mess and then don't show up.
    They yell for those books and don't buy them. Every single black female lead book at Marvel has been among the top 5 worst sellers. ALL OF THEM.

Same black girl magic that has ZERO issue attacking any criticisms this film will get as attack on black women. Along with shaming any black man that doesn't support and will BLAME black men if this movie does not make a billion (despite all of us in reality KNOWING that was never going to happen).

Marvel is banking on them and black folks to blindly show up.

It is funny this movie comes out around the same time as Strange Worlds that was hyped up as a black boy lead movie but is now being hyped up about his white Dad.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'll probably get hate for saying this, but I am so tired of being mad about this movie. It's happening. It has happened. There's no point continuing to be upset about every little thing, to come up with the worst assumptions in people, to say horrible things about them, and to hope for this movie's failure.

I do not want to be miserable anymore, especially over a fictional character and a fictional universe at that. I'm in a different place in my life right now. This isn't priority.

You guys know how late I was to getting on the recast train, but I got there. But I just don't give a crap anymore. I cannot tell anyone who worked on this movie what to do. We fans have moved on from Chadwick Boseman's death. It's true. We have. The cast and crew have not. And I can't blame them. It's obvious they haven't and this movie clearly shows it. And I can't tell them to move on either. They knew Chadwick in their own way. We didn't know him at all.

I just can't bring myself to be mad about this anymore. It's so unhealthy, and I care a lot about my health and wellbeing these days. Maybe I'll see the movie. Maybe not. Who knows? But I'm not mad anymore. It is what it is. Rest in peace to Chadwick Boseman always.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Agents of shield do/did have superheroes and cool costumes and names,quake,deathlok, yo-yo,flint etc..
    It did yeah, but that happened in the more later portions of the show so I wound up missing that since I never stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the million dollar difference.....

From War Machine to Nightwing to Red Hood to Huntress to Gotham PD to Batwoman to Azrael to Harley to Robins to even Jace and Duke-what do they all have in common???

DEVELOPMENT from minis, ongoings or consistent roles in stories and events.

DC built up Batman's supporting case and NEVER at his expense unless a storyline (Bane) needed it.

It was not until 2016 that Marvel bothered expanding and while ALL those spinoffs were the worst sellers for Marvel (KIngmonger the WORST). DC NEVER gave up on building up the Bat cast.

How many books have all of them popped up in????

Wakanda group like black X-Men were not popping up in other books.
    That is all very true.

It really doesn't help that their attempts to expand on the Wakanda characters have backfired due to their obsession with having the country constantly go through revolutions. It means that no one has received much development and are still all largely defined by the singular trait of being immensely patriotic for their country.

I mean Cap does that too but at least he's allowed to show other character traits beyond just his immense patriotism. Plus he is able to be introspective about his beliefs and perfectly willing to state the faults of American society and its people, while every Wakandan character constantly blames T'Challa for every little thing like he's a scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Let’s not forget that she was injured but other than that, yeah.
    Oh yeah she did get hurt on set.

Sweet jeebus this movie's production has been insane. It would be an immense achievement if this turns out pretty decent in the end.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

easier to ignore since no T'Challa.

However, if T'Challa really was having to babysit Riri that would annoy me. A clear Feige compromise. But its Shuri so whatever, lol

Incredible Member

I, like many others here, think they should have recast T'Challa. But goddamn, this thread is just filled with outright misogyny.

Just finished watching the trailer and I have to admit it was very well done. That being said no way in hell am i going to watch this movie at the theater or even when it comes out on Disney Plus. I'm not accepting a Black Panther movie without T'Challa. So nice trailer but I know that not everything that glitters is gold.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I, like many others here, think they should have recast T'Challa. But goddamn, this thread is just filled with outright misogyny.
    Warned about a lot of people falling into this years back and here we are. Really sad to see.

I'm as big as a T'Challa fan as everyone here and I also think they should -- and will -- recast one day but it really isn't worth getting so mad over and sounding like the "anti-woke", anti-feminism, right-leaning crowd that hates us in the first place. Don't care if I sound like a snub but it's just a friggin movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Warned about a lot of people falling into this years back and here we are. Really sad to see.

I'm as big as a T'Challa fan as everyone here and I also think they should -- and will -- recast one day but it really isn't worth getting so mad over and sounding like the "anti-woke", anti-feminism, right-leaning crowd that hates us in the first place. Don't care if I sound like a snub but it's just a friggin movie.
    That is true, for all the problems we may have we should always temper and conduct ourselves with respect and dignity so we don't come across like comicgate bigots.

The constant ragging on "black girl magic" does really edge closer and closer to sounding like misogyny.

Incredible Member

That one line in the trailer where the Queen says, “I’ve lost my whole family” wants to give me hope that this movie takes place within the 5 year-Snap gap. Like, maybe have it’s time period broken up between right after the snap, the five years, and it picks up with the Namor plot during the week timeframe of Endgame, where a full costumed T’Challa, Shuri and all are brought back, stop whatever is going on with Namor and finish it off with Strange porting everyone to the Endgame battle. Reuse some Endgame footage of T’Challa at Tony’s funeral, and use some new dialogue from the Queen Mother talking about Wakanda’s future.

Thus, allowing BP3 a time period gap chance to recast.

But…. Meh. Wishful thinking.

We’ll probably get a end credit scene introducing Tosin to the MCU.
    Last edited by Blanks; 07-24-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well made but depression inducing.

I don't watch super hero movies for this.