Page 508 of 955 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 14314
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Lawrence View Post
    Yeah, the Black girl magic thing doesn't really phase me. I'm not the target for it, so it's just something that exists as far as I'm concerned.
    My gripe with this is they scream that all day long and then when someone tries. Guess who does the greatest gymnastic routines to NOT support.

Someone in the cast is dating a white woman (yes they were ready to boycott the first film over Michael B Jordan's dating habits)
    Someone is too light skinned.
    Someone's hair is not right.
    Oh that book is NOT by Marvel or DC.
    Oh that book is NOT written by a black woman.
    Oh that book is written by a black man with a non black wife (John Ridley)

They look for excuses.

Meanwhile the MAIN folks supporting black girl magic are the ones that it's not targeting like Moon Girl.

[QUOTE]
    As for the comics: no Black anything sells anyway. Male, female, nothing. BLACK PANTHER, nothing. Nothing Black in comics sells. Never has, and probably never will. Like Priest said: right product, wrong market.I have to correct you....

Spawn is black and has an empire bigger than Black Panther.

Milestone books-the first time around outsold a lot of Dc and Marvel books.

Boom Studios and others are doing books with black leads and some with black creators.

House of Slaughter with a gay black male lead outsold every Marvel title and was a top 10 seller for various comic book stores.

Miles Morales has NEVER been below 20K.

Redjack's GL run sold just as well or better than Morrison's GL.

The issues we have here at Marvel and DC is pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Will there even be a third movie?

Rumor has it that Letitia is out after Wakanda Forever.
    We can only hope she'll leave after this. It's our only chance for a proper Rated R Reboot Black Panther.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 07-24-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    We can only hope she'll leave after this. It's our only chance for a proper Rated R Reboot Black Panther.
    I want the reboot button to be smashed as badly as the next guy. But why an R rating? Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'll probably get hate for saying this, but I am so tired of being mad about this movie. It's happening. It has happened. There's no point continuing to be upset about every little thing, to come up with the worst assumptions in people, to say horrible things about them, and to hope for this movie's failure.

I do not want to be miserable anymore, especially over a fictional character and a fictional universe at that. I'm in a different place in my life right now. This isn't priority.

You guys know how late I was to getting on the recast train, but I got there. But I just don't give a crap anymore. I cannot tell anyone who worked on this movie what to do. We fans have moved on from Chadwick Boseman's death. It's true. We have. The cast and crew have not. And I can't blame them. It's obvious they haven't and this movie clearly shows it. And I can't tell them to move on either. They knew Chadwick in their own way. We didn't know him at all.

I just can't bring myself to be mad about this anymore. It's so unhealthy, and I care a lot about my health and wellbeing these days. Maybe I'll see the movie. Maybe not. Who knows? But I'm not mad anymore. It is what it is. Rest in peace to Chadwick Boseman always.

This is probably the most rational, mature, level headed post I've seen on a forum as of late. I had no expectations for the film and I wanted them to recast but I would be lying if I said that trailer didn't get me excited. It was beautiful. I will see the film.

Too many grown adults get waaaay too invested in these things. I'm also seeing ('I assume") Black men throwing shots at Black women in here for no reason at all. Everyone looks like spoiled children at the dinner table who get mad when someone else gets the slice of cake for once. Grow up.

People are acting like Ryan Coogler is an evil man that pissed in their cereal and purposefully set out to s*** on their childhood dreams as young black boys or whatever.

Give him a fucking break. Unlike any of us he actually had the privilege of working with and being Chadwick Boseman's friend, and he died and Coogler didn't even see it coming. Imagine how he must feel when a bunch of randoms (yes, we are literally all randoms to this man) on the internet keep telling him how bad of a person he is for making a choice affected by deep grief. Imagine how he would feel if Marvel forced him to recast and act like it's business as usual.

This cast is still grieving. Danai Gurira did an interview yesterday at Comic Con and she can't even talk about Chadwick without bursting into tears. If they have decided to make a film as a love letter to their grief and to someone dear to them that they've lost, seriously who are we to tell them otherwise? I'm sorry but our fantasies take a back seat here. T'Challa is a fictional character that can be written for decades to come. Chadwick Boseman was a real person that has left this world. He is more important and I'm sorry if you don't like me saying that but it is true for right now.

They should recast. T'Challa does deserve a future on screen on way or the other. I think they will recast. But they're not doing right now. End of story.
    Well said, this is pretty much where I'm at
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    This is probably the most rational, mature, level headed post I've seen on a forum as of late. I had no expectations for the film and I wanted them to recast but I would be lying if I said that trailer didn't get me excited. It was beautiful. I will see the film.

Too many grown adults get waaaay too invested in these things. I'm also seeing ('I assume") Black men throwing shots at Black women in here for no reason at all. Everyone looks like spoiled children at the dinner table who get mad when someone else gets the slice of cake for once. Grow up.
    This only happens when people with real legitimate criticisms get attacked for this when they have brought it up in mature and constructive manner. They get attacked and called misogynists, and every name on the book. This happens all the time.in here y people coming in.

Was the trailer well done? Yes. Did it change my opinion? Absolutely not. Calling people children or telling them to grow up and accusing them of taking shots when they aren't doesn't help anything at all. That's not what they are even doing. They are calling out people who are being hypocrites and want people to just blindly support the movie and that ain't right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I want the reboot button to be smashed as badly as the next guy. But why an R rating? Lol.
    THIS will never Happen

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Kevin Feige cancelled this phase soon as people started hating it.

He's not above bringing T'Challa back. People just have to be louder. Truth be told he still might see the cash value of it as well.

People are acting like Ryan Coogler is an evil man that pissed in their cereal and purposefully set out to s*** on their childhood dreams as young black boys or whatever.

Give him a fucking break. Unlike any of us he actually had the privilege of working with and being Chadwick Boseman's friend, and he died and Coogler didn't even see it coming. Imagine how he must feel when a bunch of randoms (yes, we are literally all randoms to this man) on the internet keep telling him how bad of a person he is for making a choice affected by deep grief. Imagine how he would feel if Marvel forced him to recast and act like it's business as usual.

This cast is still grieving. Danai Gurira did an interview yesterday at Comic Con and she can't even talk about Chadwick without bursting into tears. If they have decided to make a film as a love letter to their grief and to someone dear to them that they've lost, seriously who are we to tell them otherwise? I'm sorry but our fantasies take a back seat here. T'Challa is a fictional character that can be written for decades to come. Chadwick Boseman was a real person that has left this world. He is more important and I'm sorry if you don't like me saying that but it is true for right now.

They should recast. T'Challa does deserve a future on screen on way or the other. I think they will recast. But they're not doing right now. End of story.
    They literally used that man's Twitter account to promote their movie yesterday. Nobody in this thread has called Ryan coogler evil but let's not act like this isn't a corporation whose main goal it is to make money. There's a reason they came to him so fast to make a decision on how they could release their next project on time after the tragedy and it certainly wasn't respect for Chadwick.
    As for the cast I'm sure they're grieving but none of them were closer to Chadwick than his own family and pretending otherwise does no one a service. Literally everyone was grieving Chadwick Boseman and the only people that were close enough to him to know that he was sick were his family. His real family not his coworkers for one film. I don't say that to discredit the connection that they formed on that film because I'm sure it was strong but the bottom line is they chose to come back this soon despite the wound not being healed for anyone fans or themselves.

No one involved is doing this film for charity or for free. This film was a business decision first and foremost. Riri and Namor didn't pop up because they wanted to honor Chadwick Boseman as well
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-24-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I've actually re-watched the trailers because of the Namor scenes.

He seems to be depicted as a boss.

I was skeptical about grafting Mesoamerican culture on Namor but I've warmed up to it.
    That's where my scepticism lies as well...though I sort of understand the reasoning behind it. It's going to be visually stunning as expected, though. So I'll see.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Kevin Feige cancelled this phase soon as people started hating it.

He's not above bringing T'Challa back. People just have to be louder. Truth be told he still might see the cash value of it as well.
    Well I did say a while back that the return of T’Challa can be a marketing slam dunk if done right and with the right actor.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I did say a while back that the return of T’Challa can be a marketing slam dunk if done right and with the right actor.
    Wait the ones who come in here and lecture us about a recast and needing to grow up....

Won't they be throwing all sorts of SHADE on whoever they choose and how it disrespects Boseman?

Oh we can't have that now can we???

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Wait the ones who come in here and lecture us about a recast and needing to grow up....

Won't they be throwing all sorts of SHADE on whoever they choose and how it disrespects Boseman?

Oh we can't have that now can we???

Bro I think by the time if/when they do it people will be done mourning Chadwick and accept a recast. Besides it’s par the course for people to bitch about a casting choice only to end up loving it so I’m not worried about that potential scenario. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Hey fellas, hopefully this will turn out to be good news. Looks like a Black Panther game is in the works like we've been asking for lol. Hopefully it'll star T'Challa.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/bl...eo-game-tease/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Hey fellas, hopefully this will turn out to be good news. Looks like a Black Panther game is in the works like we've been asking for lol. Hopefully it'll star T'Challa.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/bl...eo-game-tease/
    It should or at least be the game where you can switch between him and Shuri and who knows other Panthers.

Knowing our luck it will be Black Panther GTA-which would NOT be that bad of an idea..