Page 511 of 955 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Hey fellas, hopefully this will turn out to be good news. Looks like a Black Panther game is in the works like we've been asking for lol. Hopefully it'll star T'Challa.
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/bl...eo-game-tease/
    Holy shit this is exactly what I was hoping for!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Holy shit this is exactly what I was hoping for!
    I’m remaining cautiously optimistic but this was a much needed life vest after yesterday.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m remaining cautiously optimistic but this was a much needed life vest after yesterday.
    Over on the Superman forums I’ve said I wouldn’t care what they did with Supes in film if they gave me a game, and that’s pretty much how I feel about T’Challa. A modern game demands something like 20+ hours of content, for T’Challa that would be a godsend. You can’t just have him fight Killmonger and Klaw, you’d have to bring in his other neglected Rogues and revamp them. You can’t have your lead character moping around while his supporting cast takes point, T’Challa would be the one kicking ass and solving problems. This is huge if it’s really happening. I just hope they leave Storm out of it, make his love interests Nakia and Zanda.

And also? It means T’Challa isn’t going anywhere. Him being the lead character of an AAA Marvel video game means they can’t sideline or ditch him for long. Shit they launched a Midnight Sons tie in comic for that crappy card game didn’t they? Imagine a T’Challa video game tie in comic where the writer can just write BP stories without all the Storm bullshit and MCU synergy (though I’m sure the video game would have some of that). Give me a game and I’ll make peace with the likelihood we’re probably never seeing T’Challa on the big screen any time soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Over on the Superman forums I’ve said I wouldn’t care what they did with Supes in film if they gave me a game, and that’s pretty much how I feel about T’Challa. A modern game demands something like 20+ hours of content, for T’Challa that would be a godsend. You can’t just have him fight Killmonger and Klaw, you’d have to bring in his other neglected Rogues and revamp them. You can’t have your lead character moping around while his supporting cast takes point, T’Challa would be the one kicking ass and solving problems. This is huge if it’s really happening. I just hope they leave Storm out of it, make his love interests Nakia and Zanda.

And also? It means T’Challa isn’t going anywhere. Him being the lead character of an AAA Marvel video game means they can’t sideline or ditch him for long. Shit they launched a Midnight Sons tie in comic for that crappy card game didn’t they? Imagine a T’Challa video game tie in comic where the writer can just write BP stories without all the Storm bullshit and MCU synergy (though I’m sure the video game would have some of that). Give me a game and I’ll make peace with the likelihood we’re probably never seeing T’Challa on the big screen any time soon.
    100% this. What really gives me hope is that the people that work on the video games have a great love and appreciation for the source material. Plus video games are just as much as an influential medium as films, to the point where even certain celebrities have no issue voice acting in games (GTA being a shining example). Heck some of the moves Spider-Man pulls off in NWH were ripped straight from the insomniac game which shows how big can impact that made. Needless to say I’m gonna be tuned in tomorrow to see if this is real.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    I tried to watch the trailer but could not. The first few seconds told me everything I need to know. And if the leaks are true and Namor or Atlantis get to flood Wakanda. Than face no consequence like the comics. Similar to the X-Men and Dr.Doom. I just dont want to go in that head space. Because I know alot readers were happy that Wakanda got flooded. Or make comments that can be debunk with a little reading outside of X-Men titles that take place in Wakanda.

So I an going to go support Duke Thamas, Cassandra Wayne, Yara-Floras and wait for the movie adaption of Bitter Root and Prince of Cats.
    Legendary Pictures are doing both of those, so I guess there's a chance that they may both come to Warner Bros. So Warner Bros. may have something after all.

PRINCE OF CATS is one of my top two favorite comics, just behind Ridley's THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE.

Spike Lee was set to direct, with Lakeith Stanfield to star. Hopefully that's still going to be the case.

And Warner Bros. does need to do something with Duke. Hell, DC needs to do something with Duke -- get an artist who can draw that costume though. Or change it, one or the other.

Oh, I'm in a Black Panther thread. Sorry...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

A great looking video game does also provide a good outlet for further fan-content. Like people get a lot of mileage out of the Injustice models for Harley Quinn, Supergirl/Powergirl, Wonder Woman, or the Insomniac Black Cat.

Like a good measurement of a series popularity is how much fan-art it gets. If it has a lot then thats a good indication that its pretty popular or at least has a devoted fanbase.

You get a successful game with gorgeous character models and that will be a huge boon for the brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    A great looking video game does also provide a good outlet for further fan-content. Like people get a lot of mileage out of the Injustice models for Harley Quinn, Supergirl/Powergirl, Wonder Woman, or the Insomniac Black Cat.

Like a good measurement of a series popularity is how much fan-art it gets. If it has a lot then thats a good indication that its pretty popular or at least has a devoted fanbase.

You get a successful game with gorgeous character models and that will be a huge boon for the brand name.
    Imagine all the Zanda mods and fan art.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

If this game is real this could very well be the Hail Mary for T’Challa. And seriously there’s room for both T’Challa and Wakanda to thrive in the world of video games. Imagine a FPS game where you play as the HZ for example.
    give me a open world Wakanda game. And I will play the isht out of that. Allow T'Challa his unimpeded genius and traits and update his villains. I really REALLY hope this is True.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    and see this is why we need the media to ask the tough questions

Feige just can spin Boseman's name to whatever narrative fits
    https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1551371655678681089
    Post it to eman

Replying to
    @etnow
    Feige is double speaking here. He is talking about tribute of a person that died and at the same time use that death to bring joy to ppl. #BlackPantherWakandaForever more and more feels exploitative of the situation however it is viewed

Yeah... They would be... Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    give me a open world Wakanda game. And I will play the isht out of that. Allow T'Challa his unimpeded genius and traits and update his villains. I really REALLY hope this is True.
    Black Panther: Breath of the Wild
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hell a good deal of BP's supporting cast is comprised of women.

There is.... a lot you can do there.

I was thinking, with Zanda being a possible love interest in a possible video game does anyone think this medium would also be a good way to finally introduce Monica Lynne outside of comics?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

I was thinking, with Zanda being a possible love interest in a possible video game does anyone think this medium would also be a good way to finally introduce Monica Lynne outside of comics?
    Assuming the rumor is true and a game is on the way I’d prefer a situation similar to Spider-Man PS4. Monica Lynne as the MJ to T’Challa’s Peter with Princess Zanda as Black Cat. I’ve always believed that the main crux of the BP narrative, T’Challa making Wakanda an active player in the world, is embodied extremely well in giving him a non-Wakandan love interest. It’s why Storm worked for me at the time, a non-Wakandan gives added weight to T’Challa’s evolution of his kingdom and opens up a bunch of story potential. How do the Wakandans react to their king dating someone outside their culture? How does the love interest react to Wakanda and its ways? Can their love weather the complications? How does T’Challa balance his personal wants with political realities?

I think Monica could easily be revamped by either being the Lauryn Hill of the Marvel Universe or grafting elements of Nikki Adams onto her characterization. The Lauryn Hill route could be interesting but making her a UN representative and humanitarian with a passion for singing probably makes more sense. Her and T’Challa can be in a casual situationship before Zanda comes in and T’Challa is forced to juggle his emotions for both. Zanda could be an old flame he comes into conflict with before realizing her intentions aren’t as bad as he initially thought.

A video game would be nice .