Page 540 of 955 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 14314

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Ridley's #7 was ranked 62 in terms of single issue sales for July

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...ales-rankings/

I have a hard time understanding who’s buying this s***?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao Claremont has lost his mind, this is Neal Adams batshit insanity

God I hope the leak about BP2 kid is real and it ends the Storm ship. Gotta get T’Challa away from the goddamn X-Men.

Or worse, Marvel uses it to force a T'Challa/Storm kid on us thanks to time travel shenanigans.

Or worse, Marvel uses it to force a T'Challa/Storm kid on us thanks to time travel shenanigans.
    Or Marvel decides to bring back NuNakia for synergy and pull time travel shenanigans to bring the kid into the comics, this killing T’Choro once and for all.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

God I hope the leak about BP2 kid is real and it ends the Storm ship. Gotta get T’Challa away from the goddamn X-Men.
    What the actual frick????

And yet...not exactly surprised either. More surprised he felt comfortable to do this publicly I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or Marvel decides to bring back NuNakia for synergy and pull time travel shenanigans to bring the kid into the comics, this killing T’Choro once and for all.
    Marvel is too obsessed with dragging out their toxic relationship especially BP writers. If a time displaced kid is introduced in a BP book best believe the mother will be Storm and they can throw shade at T'Challa together for being a terrible husband and father.

Marvel is too obsessed with dragging out their toxic relationship especially BP writers. If a time displaced kid is introduced in a BP book best believe the mother will be Storm and they can throw shade at T'Challa together for being a terrible husband and father.
    So you really think that not even being removed from the MCU (for now) can save him from that relationship?

EDIT: You could be right. I mean this upcoming card game describes T’Challa and Storm being king and queen defending Wakanda from evil.

BDAE112F-91B0-47AB-B504-8D450F9178E6.jpg

https://upperdeckstore.com/legendary...-Black-Panther
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-06-2022 at 02:51 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Comes Nov 9th. I liked Hill’s Killmonger mini so hopefully I enjoy this too.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=176109138
    If this is anything close to the revisionist history Coates gave us...I don't fucking want it. None of that "stealing land" and "normal people turned into gods" bull-shit.

Hopefully Hill would have read early BP and everything that Lee and Kirby did and actually build upon in those stories. Because the Goddess alone knows they need to purify this book and world and character of the stench it's been sitting in for the past how many gawd-awful years.

Why is it a one-shot, though?
    This could be and should be a 4-6 issue limited, at least.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But what are the numbers though. Because I have a hard time seeing how anyone enjoys it
    If I'm interpreting the data correctly, somewhere south on 15K.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why is it a one-shot, though?
    This could be and should be a 4-6 issue limited, at least.
    Consider this:

BLACK PANTHER: UNCONQUERED #1 On Sale 11/9

BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER Release Date 11/11

Any questions?

Astonishing Member

Comes Nov 9th. I liked Hill’s Killmonger mini so hopefully I enjoy this too.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=176109138
    Hill’s Killmonger series was great so I’m looking forward to this. I don’t know how connected this is to the current run though and that’s gonna determine my interest. Is this a side mission setting up more of Ridley’s crap or is this just more material to put out around the time of the movie. If it’s the latter hopefully it does well enough and is good enough that Hill gets a chance to write the main series sometime.

He’s always been good with character voices, balancing action and narrative, while breaking new ground but still keeping the core of a character. He has a thing for fantasy and mysticism so it’s no surprise he’s taking T’Challa that route here and if he got an entire run I’d expect more exploration of the spiritual side of the BP mythos.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Consider this:

Any questions?
    Ahhh! Makes a lick more sense.
    Still...if done right and sells well, maybe Hill will get to do an extended LS perhaps touching on past BPs and their history.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

The only reason it won’t happen anytime soon (at least I think) is because Storm is an editorial priority at the X-Office. Ewing is one of Marvel’s top writers and he’s made Storm the main character of one of the X-books’ biggest titles. Unless editorial really got on his back I doubt he’d co-sign giving Storm a baby by T’Challa. He’s expressed a lack of interest in the relationship and has said he wants more independence for his books altogether, wanting to limit how much his books need to be affected by other titles.

That said, Marvel made that techno-virus Storm left in the World completely vague. Marvel had Hickman cut the baby storyline but that virus is still in incubation somewhere, why would they let that happen if they didn’t want the baby at all? Probably to introduce a kid down the line, but only when they were ready. I wouldn’t be surprised if sometime after Ewing leaves the X-office and Storm’s relevance in the X-books starts falling that the BP book does a story about that virus returning to the real world as a kid. By then the status quo of a son of T’Challa will be entrenched in the MCU too, so Marvel will want to do a story to match that around then.

Unless Nakia is such a hit in Wakanda Forever that editorial is forced to bring her back I doubt Marvel will feel compelled to make her the mother of comic T’Challa’s child. They don’t need to directly recreate the son story from the movies, just the general idea of a son, so if the writer wants Storm as the mother I doubt editorial will care much. And since they only hire writers who care about Storm as T’Challa’s love interest, I doubt they’d make his baby mama anyone but her.

And it would be by far worst thing to happen to T’Challa’s character. Because if you think a cross franchise romance is constantly shitting on T’Challa, it’ll get 10x worse once you throw in a mutant kid. Those non-black (and black lol) X-writers will have Azari calling Wolverine dad and complaining about mutantphobia in Wakanda within 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Consider this:

Any questions?
    Man I hope so. Like there's no way I see this doing that well at all I honestly think Ridleys run is going to end at #10. It's been terrible which this is either do to editorial shenanigans or maybe he's just as terrible as writer as Coates. But either way I think he is going to be done after the second story

Astonishing Member

Hang on, aren’t two time-displaced kids of T’Challa and Storm from 2 different timelines still stuck in 616?

Uh...is Chris Claremont okay? Was he sober at this panel...?
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Hang on, aren’t two time-displaced kids of T’Challa and Storm from 2 different timelines still stuck in 616?
    Nobody but fans remembers that .