Page 549 of 955 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 14314
    Incredible Member

I know it's like comparing violent Diarrhea vs regular Diarrhea ..
    But Coates BP Wasn't this bad but I still blame him lol.
    Last edited by Dariel81; 08-10-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel dumb now for wanting to believe Ridley taking over meant good things for T'Challa. How wrong I was .
    Many of us were my bro, nothing to feel bad about.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

storm and black panther will get back together. no worries there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

No seriously someone should make Wakanda a dictatorship now

While T'Challa is away from all their crap the country falls apart and becomes even worse than it was before

It would be so deliciously glorious

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I know it's like comparing violent Diarrhea vs regular Diarrhea ..
    But Coates BP Wasn't this bad but I still blame him lol.
    While his characterisation and dialogue wasn't this level of crap (I might be misremembering...it's been years since I actively read a full issue), Coates basically used ALL of Wakanda and its mythos and characters as a latrine. I will say this though...while it took him years to completely ruin a nation and its people, it took Ridley just 8 issues to make it even worse.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Many of us were my bro, nothing to feel bad about.
    Lol I was saying he would be the next Great BP smh

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh something I just now noticed something.

T'Challa gets endless grief for his marriage to Storm but no one ever throws any of that to Storm herself.

Like Storm is physically here, once again intruding in Wakandan affairs on T'Challa's behalf and no one actually acknowledge her existence. At no point does Tosin, Folsade, or even Akili point to the "mutant weather witch" and ask "WTF are you doing here?"

Its such a bizarre double standard. T'Challa gets endlessly crapped on for his relationship with Storm but the actual woman herself avoids any direct slander for some reason.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 08-10-2022 at 02:49 PM.

This latest issue and this run as a whole is straight trash. It really feels like to me that Ridley was given the assignment but didn't have a story in mind so he's been just making it up as he goes. T'Challa deserves so much better than this nonsense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    TBF, Lego sets aren’t always a good indicator of what will happen in the movie. I remember Lego sets for the first movie having mecha panthers and lo and behold, they were nowhere to be seen in the film proper.

But the parasitism of Shuri and the rest of Wakanda are getting worse by the day. Maybe getting T’Challa out of Wakanda is a blessing in disguise.
    Depends on what script Lego got a hold of.

Take Star Trek Generations. The toys had the movie uniforms. The movie used Star Trek DS9 because on the FIRST day of filming those uniforms were so uncomfortable that they got take out. Levar Burton never got to wear his because by the time they started filming his stuff Day 2-those unis were gone. That is why he was dressed like O'Brien.

So I bet those mecha Panther were in the movie and never made it past whatever version of the script they were in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Do you think Marvel editorial had anything to do with what Ridley wrote? I've found myself really started to think about this. If only cause there was a set start time for Ridley on BP and he was put in holding for a long time. Were they having rewrite the plot and narrative for his first arc?
    Funny thing is we are finally getting Hatut Zeraze action figures and they no longer exist in comics.

And what was with the Destiny's Child reference? And it being said by a black man to another one?

My sympathies and condolences to T'challa and his fans because clearly he died today.
    T'Challa died the moment with lose Boseman.

This was straight up black male bashing 101. Someone got issues with black males at this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh something I just now noticed something.

T'Challa gets endless grief for his marriage to Storm but no one ever throws any of that to Storm herself.

Like Storm is physically here, once again intruding in Wakandan affairs on T'Challa's behalf and no one actually acknowledge her existence. At no point does Tosin, Folsade, or even Akili point to the "mutant weather witch" and ask "WTF are you doing here?"

Its such a bizarre double standard. T'Challa gets endlessly crapped on for his relationship with Storm but the actual woman herself avoids any direct slander for some reason.
    It's the women who are crapping on T'Challa and Tosser (though he more than deserves it...the dumb pos) of course they will have nothing bad to say about Storm. Hell, for all the shit she stirred up, Foolsade still gets the some shine from Shuri and isn't called out for her part in how things unfolded.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So i have to ask, was he a tyrant or something in the last run? Because from what i read, it seems like they were really adamant he did not become King again.

Honestly, this felt like watching a man be castrated in the slowest and most painful way possible.

And this was probably the most toxic of his and Ororo's interactions i have ever read, i mean let''s be honest here, he did spy on her and the island but given the things the QC have done and kept quiet i don't think she has a leg to stand on here either.

Incredible Member

Honestly, at this point, T’Challa should leave Earth entirely and they should mold 616 T’Challa into resembling his StarLord/Ravanger variant. Space Panther. He doesn’t even need to be using the Intergalactic Empire. Go full throttle and hook him up with Nebula.

I’m done with this book/series pretty much forever at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel dumb now for wanting to believe Ridley taking over meant good things for T'Challa. How wrong I was .
    Right there with you. Jesus, T’Challa is a total loser and chump in his own book. Blatantly shilling your own OCs like this is not what I expected from Ridley. What a boring and lame conclusion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So i have to ask, was he a tyrant or something in the last run? Because from what i read, it seems like they were really adamant he did not become King again.

Honestly, this felt like watching a man be castrated in the slowest and most painful way possible.

And this was probably the most toxic of his and Ororo's interactions i have ever read, i mean let''s be honest here, he did spy on her and the island but given the things the QC have done and kept quiet i don't think she has a leg to stand on here either.
    Truth to tell...I didn't get the whole "Wakanda is oppressed" song they were singing...unless I missed a page in the first two issues showing Wakandan citizens oppressed and downtrodden...or not having read Coates' nonsense in its entirety, I could have missed it then. As far as I could tell he basically left them to their own Democratic devices...a King in title only. Somewhere it switched from "secret service" shenanigans to Oppression and bad rulership without any story link.

As much as I hate them together now, and joyful that the relationship is no more....the "trust issues" between the two were contrived AF. I think Ridley was looking for a way to break them apart (or mandated to do so) but the way it was written really made both characters look foolish and juvenile. The only reason why Storm was in this story arc at all was for the break up drama with T'Challa as she added absolutely nothing to the actual story except some weak-ass lightning. You could take out all her appearances and their interaction in this run and it would actually be a marginally better and shorter story.

But it's done. Goddess Bast and the Bright Lady Be Praised!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-10-2022 at 07:22 PM.