Page 617 of 955 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 14314
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the MAJOR difference with those other places and Wakanda.

Not one of those writers said they HATED the concept of Asgard or Themyscira or Thor or Nubia or Wonder Woman like we have seen with almost every Black Panther writer.

Those other folks were telling stories. This mess here is just trashing a franchise for the heck of it.
    Yeah I gotta agree there is a weird double standard afoot here.

Stephanie Williams who will soon be writing an issue of the Wakanda series is currently writing the Nubia & the Amazons/Queen of the Amazons series which centers on Nubia as the newly crowned monarch of Themyscira. It wasn't even through an election, it was a contest of champions and Hippolyta giving her the crown because she thinks she's the best suited one for the job.

And from what I hear there's no teardown of the system and toxic it is or whatever. Its just Nubia's adventures as the new ruler of the Amazons and dealing with all the interesting ramifications of it and trying to integrate with the wider world as a hole.

Hell they even did a coronation one-shot special celebrating Nubia officially being crowned Queen with the whole thing being treated as a great special beautiful affair. If they really thought negatively of Themyscira then they wouldn't portray Nubia's crowning so positively.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    What is the context for this exactly? What happened here?
    Dude criticized Luke Cage not being like he was in the comics. The showrunner pulled up on him to push back.

Im just saying one of these days it'd be funny if Coates pulled up on Ekie criticizing his comics.

I think Ekie vastly underrates Coates knowledge of T'Challa. You gotta have a very good understanding in order to deconstruct the character like he did.

Clearer image of the January issue cover

So T'Challa teams up with Tosin, Omololo, whatever the PM's assistant name is and the Buffalo Soldier. I care nothing for any of Ridley's OCs and the BP vs Avengers story I always wanted is about to be fumbled horrendously. Unless they're using T'Challa contingencies, i don't see any of these OCs doing anything to the Avengers.

Mighty Member

You just have to dislike being a strong male to deconstruct T'Challa like Coates did. Destruction is easy, creation is hard. And re-creating is harder still. Really think about it. Coates failed miserably if he even tried at any form of reconstruction.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

So T'Challa teams up with Tosin, Omololo, whatever the PM's assistant name is and the Buffalo Soldier. I care nothing for any of Ridley's OCs and the BP vs Avengers story I always wanted is about to be fumbled horrendously. Unless they're using T'Challa contingencies, i don't see any of these OCs doing anything to the Avengers.

Well look on the bright side at least we still have BPQ.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well look on the bright side at least we still have BPQ.
    Can't believe tomorrow it'll be 4 years since we got BPQ. AA/BPQ might be the best adaption of T'Challa to date and likely ever the way that things are looking now.

I am so glad I dropped this mockery of a Black Panther series.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You just have to dislike being a strong male to deconstruct T'Challa like Coates did. Destruction is easy, creation is hard. And re-creating is harder still. Really think about it. Coates failed miserably if he even tried at any form of reconstruction.
    Part of me thinks these writers want to make their mark via deconstruction, they probably know how beloved Dark Knight and Watchmen are and decided "Hey, I can do that." except they can't. Those books were good, but they came along during the 80's, an era of disillusion and social upheaval. They were very much products of their era. They break down T'challa for the sake of doing it, there's nothing else behind it except shallow "monarchy/men bad" and "democracy/women good." Twitter social justice. It doesn't move any further than that.

They write T'challa like this for Twitter, which is a poor barometer of anything because A. It's one of the least used social media sites, and B. Twitter people don't read comics, they pirate them.

Huh so I guess Buffalo Soldier will turn on the Colonialist in the end. Kinda spoilers there for that cover.

Is it gonna be like when Coates had Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew redeemed and joining up with T'Challa simply because Thunderball is black?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh so I guess Buffalo Soldier will turn on the Colonialist in the end. Kinda spoilers there for that cover.

Is it gonna be like when Coates had Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew redeemed and joining up with T'Challa simply because Thunderball is black?
    That was the best thing to ever happen to Franklin he deserved that moment. He is the only interesting Wrecking Ball member because of his background

Incredible Member

I want to be excited but Ridley just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    That was the best thing to ever happen to Franklin he deserved that moment. He is the only interesting Wrecking Ball member because of his background
    I'm curious did Thunderball regard the crew as family same as how the rest of the Wreckers think of each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Dude criticized Luke Cage not being like he was in the comics. The showrunner pulled up on him to push back.

Im just saying one of these days it'd be funny if Coates pulled up on Ekie criticizing his comics.

I think Ekie vastly underrates Coates knowledge of T'Challa. You gotta have a very good understanding in order to deconstruct the character like he did.
    Coats didn't even understand the medium he was working Within let alone the character he was hired to write about
    What comic book writer doesn't understand that people have personal connections to their favorite superheroes? He literally said he was surprised by that.

Nor did he understand the concept of wakanda and why including things like rape and misogyny is antithetical to its very creation

The difference between me and that Twitter troll complaining that Luke Cage wasn't Hood enough is that I'm complaining that T'Challa isn't a rape sympathizer, dictator, or closeted misogynist holding back all of the female Side characters within his franchise
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-22-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Lol
    All the stories we've always wanted and talked about in this thread like Space Adventures and wakanda versus the world.

Yet these are the ppl we get it from

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Clearly he didn't because he literally had to create Bullshit retcons to deconstruct him. The fact that he had T'Challa meet with despots to learn how to quell an uprising, with the reason of "I jUsT WaNtEd tO SeE wHaT tHeY wOuLd sAy" completely shatters any notion that Coates understood T'Challa at all. Dude made it painfully clear that he didn't get Wakanda and especially T'Challa at all and his knowledge was limited