Page 632 of 955 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 14314

This guy hit the nail on the head regarding Shuri in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I want to be happy, but I noticed immediately even when it was in the planning stages as a series, if his character's [code]name isn't in the title its not really his. They're not calling Sam Wilson's movie simply "New World Order".

Seeing the two threads on it, it reminded me of the old days when the first Black Panther movie was announced: everyone was saying it should guest star everyone directly and tangentially related to the story (Vision, Machine Man, etc) to the point Rhodey's "movie" would reduce Rhodey himself to a cameo. Isn't that odd for someone "finally" getting his own solo movie?
    In fairness thats a reoccurring problem with fans over every movie.

Fans have become really obsessed with cameos and speculation, and are hyping every movie to have a ton of cameos.

Doctor Strange MOM was derided by some people exactly because it wasn't a nonstop cameo fest. Like sure that movie had issues but I don't think Deadpool not showing up is a valid critique.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 09-30-2022 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How's that poll going on Reddit?
    Priest is going to end up in the top 35 comics, I can't tell how high at a glance but maybe top 25.

Coates is going ot end up top 50

SWAD will make top 75

Liss, Hudlin, and Gillis all got one vote but that won't be enough to make it outside of honorable mention (three votes gets you in top 75 atm). About 175 comics got at least one vote at the moment.

Team Wise, Hickman's run is going to be top 3, maybe top 1. Ultimates will make top 50.

T'challa was in one of the most popular runs of all time, had one of the best solo movies of all time.... and now look at him. PAIN

last time i'll plug the vote thread, probably gonna close it next week and then work on typing it all out lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._runs_of_all/?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    No one gives AF about those jabroni side salads. The racism is real.
    Yeah we're not doing This

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I mean I believe them. The thing is as actors and spotlight..they are going to take it and enjoy what comes with it. I believe they truly were shaken up by the events. But as Wright just said she had been looking forward to being Black Panther one day. Lupita is going to embrace getting more shine, etc.

Now again thats on Marvel for making that decision. I just think they gotta be careful saying certain things.
    Sure they were shaken up. However the problem is people are prioritizing the actors feelings, who only have to deal with the loss when they film BP. Over his family who lives with that loss everyday in a more real and potent way. But they don't care. They want the movie to be a funeral, so they can attend and feel special saying goodbye to someone they never met. This is no disrespect to Chad, but I have never seen studios or anyone put this much focus on an actor passing this far after, to the point where they are making an entire plot point (and this advertising his death for profit) for their movie and having the cast constantly say how it's so they can grieve and say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    No one gives AF about those jabroni side salads. The racism is real.
    Nah man, let's not hate the brothers getting their shine, but let's also not settle for substitutions and keep it pushing for T'Challa to return back to the MCU

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See this is my problem because it looks like the man had to die for the women to rise. it's not saying that but lets not act like marvel has ANY movie with a black female lead in a solo role but "yes they rising on chadwick grave." no sir. *steps out thread* Also that pink subliminal coloring on text of the other cover wasn't lost on me.
    Perhaps...(not having read the article or seen the movie)...just perhaps...they see their characters having to step up and rise in the face of grief and pain to be as great as the man who fell so as to overcome the new trials they're about to face. And they're not interpreting it (again not having read the article) from an aggrieved T'Challa/comic fan perspective of stepping on Chadwick's grave and death to finally achieve "woman power" prominence (a prominence already achieved by at least Lupita and Dania in their previous filmographies).

Perhaps they, being in the moment and on set and in the full emotion of everything that has happened since the making of the first movie to now, see it entirely differently. And who are we, regardless of how we feel, to invalidate that?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Perhaps...(not having read the article or seen the movie)...just perhaps...they see their characters having to step up and rise in the face of grief and pain to be as great as the man who fell so as to overcome the new trials they're about to face. And they're not interpreting it (again not having read the article) from an aggrieved T'Challa/comic fan perspective of stepping on Chadwick's grave and death to finally achieve "woman power" prominence (a prominence already achieved by at least Lupita and Dania in their previous filmographies).

Perhaps they, being in the moment and on set and in the full emotion of everything that has happened since the making of the first movie to now, see it entirely differently. And who are we, regardless of how we feel, to invalidate that?
    It is odd that they didnt want to make a movie not acknowledging Chadwick's death and stepped on set dealing with grief.

If its that bad then why even make the movie? Just say retire the franchise and then let the side characters pop up in other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    It is odd that they didnt want to make a movie not acknowledging Chadwick's death and stepped on set dealing with grief.

If its that bad then why even make the movie? Just say retire the franchise and then let the side characters pop up in other things.
    Why is that odd? It's their job. Just like promoting the movie is part of their job...as emotional as it may be to do so with Chadwick's passing.
    And it most certainly wasn't that bad. Emotional yes, but not crippling and depressively so...and again, they ALL had a job to do. And time and money already invested so...retiring the franchise was never an option...for the studio, for Marvel, for all the creatives involved.

And doing so would have caused an even bigger backlash.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Why is that odd? It's their job. Just like promoting the movie is part of their job...as emotional as it may be to do so with Chadwick's passing.
    And it most certainly wasn't that bad. Emotional yes, but not crippling and depressively so...and again, they ALL had a job to do. And time and money already invested so...retiring the franchise was never an option...for the studio, for Marvel, for all the creatives involved.

And doing so would have caused an even bigger backlash.
    Obviously can't retire the franchise. But they could of delayed it. They barely changed the original release date despite Chad's passing and being full fledge into Covid. They didn't need to push this movie out as fast as they did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i'm just finding it hard to believe these black women, these mature black women aren't catching that it looks like they literally have to stand on the grave of as far as i know what they all called a great dude to support the appearance of this rise happening. I am like truly flabbergasted. and that doesn't happen often. Like how can you say black men need to elevate but you are standing on the man saying "it's our time to shine." like i'm stunned. Like why isn't this a Rowanda or Shuri movie showing things from their perspective if this is really about creating a space for black women to shine. Ya'll literally had to step into a black dude mantle for a moment. Marvel would not give you your own. This is prime us vs. us.
    That is what so many do NOT get.

It's always black men hand it over and go to the back of the bus.

And if Boseman was alive-what were they going to do? Because the movie would have been about him not black female empowerment.

His DEATH got them this movie. No one said lets do a Shuri as HERSELF movie and pull a Supergirl to say T'Challa was elsewhere like they did with Superman in her movie.

This remind me of the line from Viola where she is calling out movies to feature more prominent roles for Black women in movies and listed BP as if it didn't heavily feature black women in prominent roles with agency.
    I guess Tyler Perry, Spike Lee, Ava and so many OTHERS were not doing that according to her.

I can go to Tubi, Netflix, Hulu and TRIP over black female lead movies or a movie where they have prominent roles.

I guess black men have to be absent for folks to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    At this point Marvel is gonna put their wings around him and protect him from any kind of real criticism for T'Challa role, and erasure. I think dude should have never been given what was a golden opportunity to bring T'Challa on screen. He makes me ill!
    Would you say that he is joining the ranks of Coates and Ridley in having a negative effect on T'Challa's character?

It's cute to sit here in front of our devices and say what they should and shouldn't have done...when none of us are (were) in that situation on that movie set, a member of that ensemble cast, sitting in the executive boardrooms, making the difficult decisions in such a difficult moment.

i flat out said it's not what they are saying but how i feel. You can try to frame my thoughts, feelings and perspective with whatever material you like but i said what i said because i felt what i feel. Period. The rest really is beyond irrelevant as it doesn't matter what they said or how they felt or what their perception is as i was talking of my own perception of it given what little i do know of how much of a big deal Chad didn't make over his own impending death.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was not framing your thoughts. My response was in no way about you and your thoughts and feelings. We've been down this road before...your post elicited a thought which I shared...that is all. Don't take it personal because 1 it's not an attack. 2 it's absolutely not about you.